Accepted TOS / Information

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by Yellow, Dec 17, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yellow

Yellow VIP

Recently learned seriousgmod collects your IP if you make an account, it is not stated anywhere in the TOS and this info is accessable by moderators, they do not need to see it nor do I want them to see where I live. I suggest we bump that shit right up to admin+ only. Seeing as it's only useful in special occasions. and change your TOS to include everything you collect

Last edited: Dec 19, 2020
    • Agree x 5
    • Funny x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Confusing x 1
    • Dumb x 1
  2. Dodley27

Dodley27 Dolfin VIP Bronze

There is a system to prevent staff from abusing it but every website you visit collects your ip. it's how the internet works.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Yellow

Yellow VIP

Moderators do not need to see my IP nor should they even have access to it. At most only admins(maybe only leads) should

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Indy226

Indy226 Banned VIP Silver

As far as I know, the reason they see the IPS is to know if someone is alting or not. Which for Perma'd users is kinda needed.

5. Nathan776

Nathan776 Administrator Administrator VIP Silver

I remember about a year ago it was suggested to limit the ability of moderators to do this. It really only should be admin+ to prevent abuse. On select individuals, if they are cause for concern this permission will be taken away from them specifically.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Yellow

Yellow VIP

This isn't a reason of why a group of 30 moderators can save my IP at any time they want. It is only a reason of why they should collect it, put it in TOS and only show it to admin+

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Cash

Cash I staff the proper way Banned VIP

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. My Dime Is Up

My Dime Is Up Its my dime to code VIP

A Terms of Service should not include what a website does and doesn't collect. In fact, a Terms of Service isn't even legally required, just good to have because if someone complains about their content being removed, why can't I post this, etc. then you can point to the ToS in a legal matter. What you're asking for is a Privacy Policy, which outlines what a website is for, what data they collect, how they store it, use it, and distribute it (or lack thereof). So there are no changes needed to the ToS, rather a Privacy Policy needs to be drafted.

• Agree Agree x 6
  9. what if a toxic mod resigns and saved my IP and decided to do shit with it?

make it admin/lead admin only.

SGM really pulling an obama

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. Indy226

?

• Like Like x 1
  11. Indy226

This could apply to admins too

• Like Like x 1
  12. Yellow

Yellow VIP

Exacly, with only admin+ having access to it would decrease the chance of an IP being leaked significantly

Last edited: Dec 17, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Admin more like, uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh, uuum, hmmm, idk i cant finish the joke

• Funny Funny x 2
  14. Jabba the Slut

Jabba the Slut That's Kinky! Lead Admin VIP Silver

Doxxing of this nature is both permabannable, AND illegal. So to answer you question, they'd be banned and you can report them to the authorities.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  15. Indy226

Since when?

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  16. Yellow

Yellow VIP

If we can decrease the chances of this happening why wouldn't we?

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Noctorious

Noctorious Your Best Nightmare VIP Emerald

Mods can see IPs?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. Yellow

Yellow VIP

Yes

19. littlememe

littlememe nothinglastsforever VIP Bronze

we can?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  20. Noctorious

Noctorious Your Best Nightmare VIP Emerald

When I was a mod I don't think I had access to accounts' IP addresses. I think I could ban by IP address for spamming but I don't think I could see the actual IP address

But then again, I never really looked for it

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.