Top 5 mods to add to Minecraft!!!

Discussion in 'Archived Minecraft Discussion' started by Scooter, Jan 30, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scooter

Scooter Scooter#5335 VIP

FOR EVERYONE THIS OS FOR PEOPLES PERSON US NOT A SUGGESTION FOR THE SERVER

The world of Minecraft mods has never been richer. Below, you'll find what I believe to be the best Minecraft mods available today. Now before you get ahead of your self's all i am showing you is mods to improve you minecraft that is all. Here are the mods i will showing you to download and installing. Also if this can be sticky-ed to help further people that would be amazing .

1. Forge Description will be below

2. Opifine Description
    OptiFine is a Minecraft optimization mod. It allows Minecraft to run faster and look better with full support for HD textures and many configuration options.

3. Not Enough Items Description
    Not Enough Items (NEI) is a useful mod that lists all the items in the game and their recipes it is a amazing mod

4. WAILA Description
    Waila (What Am I Looking At) is a UI improvement mod aimed at providing block information directly ingame, without the need of opening an UI. It provides a small unobtrusive tooltip on top of the screen with informations about the block the player is looking at.

5. Inventory Tweaks Description
    Inventory tweak is amazing to have it auto adjust your inventory for and help with the clutter mess that you call a chest​

Now you are Thinking How do I install Minecraft mods?

Well have no fear smithk47 well show you step by step instructions on how to install every to the best of my ability.

First is Forge

Minecraft Forge is a tool that allows people to quickly make many powerful mods for Minecraft. In order to install Forge mods into your Minecraft game, you will need to install the Forge API. This will create a Forge profile for your Minecraft game, allowing you to load any mods you feel like installing. Forge and any mods created with it are completely free to download.

Install Minecraft. In order to install Forge, you will need to have Minecraft installed and have run it at least once. This will ensure that all of the necessary files are in place. secondly Visit the Forge files site. The Minecraft Forge files are available for free from the developers, and should only be downloaded from the official site. This will help protect you from malicious files pretending to be Forge. Visit the Forge download page at . Now you should all have 1.11.2 so just click on the installer and it should dowload after that Double-click the Installer file. You should have either a .jar file or a .exe file that you've downloaded from the Forge website. Double-click it to start it. If you are having difficulty opening the .jar file, right-click it, select Open With, and then select "Java Platform SE binary". Then Select "Install client". This will install the files necessary for your to load mods using Forge when playing single player. Click OK. Wait for Forge to install. Forge will begin the installation. It may download files from the server to complete the installation, depending on what you already have installed. You will receive a message when it is complete. Start Minecraft. When the Launcher opens, click the Profile menu and select the "Forge" profile. This profile was created during installation. Click Play. Minecraft will start, and you will be able to choose any installed Forge mods from the Mods menu. Forge will not work if other mod loaders are installer then while still in minecraft it self click on options... then click on resource pack then click on open folder after that you should be in the resource folder click on minecraft next the resource tap then while you are in the minecraft folder double click on mod folder and now you are in the mods folder now for the next step stay in this folder as you will be butting the other mods i will show you to download.

NOW DOWNLOAD THESE MODS

- Opifine is at https://optifine.net/downloads download OptiFine 1.11.2 HD U B6

- Not Enough Items is at http://chickenbones.net/Pages/links.html scroll down in till you find 1.11.2 and download it
    thanks to @Emtech2

- Inventory Tweaks is at http://www.minecraftyard.com/inventory-tweaks-minecraft/ scroll down in till you find 1.11.2 and download it

-WAILA https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/waila-harvestability/files scroll down in till you find 1.11.2 and download it

Suggested mod add by users

suggested by: @Zikeji

now you should still have your mod folder still open once you download everything find the download folder and move the jars to the mod folder after the click out of everything and restart you minecraft the first time it should take some time to set up after that it should be a bit faster for you.

Note: that i am not responsible for any thing that happens to your computer if something go wrong i am just providing information to help to provide a better experience to minecraft.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. Scooter

Scooter Scooter#5335 VIP

this is for people to download not the server >.>

3. Yatty ☄️

Yatty ☄️ Yatt'em VIP Silver

4. Scooter

Scooter Scooter#5335 VIP

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Zikeji

Zikeji Repoleved VIP Emerald

I use inventory tweaks and Xaero's Minimap. You can get Xaero's Minimap from here: http://chocolateminecraft.com/minimap.html

As usual it requires forge.

If you want to use it on the server make sure you download the "FAIR PLAY" version!

Edit: In case you were wondering, I typically leave the minimap disabled but I enable it when laying claims because it helps visualize the claim ALOT better.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Mr. Disco

Mr. Disco Jeff Lynne is a musical genius. VIP

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Amatsu

Amatsu Emerald

As a secondary point to make, Optifine also is what supports those fancy shaders you may have seen some users using in their screenshots, but that function requires a pretty beefy computer.

8. The Law

The Law You fought the law and the law won. VIP Silver Emerald

My FPS went from 500+ down to 40 FPS when I tried using a shader xD

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Emtech2

Emtech2 The worst ones always live VIP Silver Emerald

10. Scooter

Scooter Scooter#5335 VIP

does it work with 1.11.2????? because when i went to it, it only see 1.11

11. Scooter

Scooter Scooter#5335 VIP

updated mod list for every one