Answered TNT on the MC Island map

Discussion in 'Questions & Answers' started by silverstevie, Jul 25, 2018.

1. silverstevie

silverstevie Supporter

So from the rules:
    Island:
    • All TNT blocks are considered explosive props.
    • Hiding or throwing away the coal blocks is Traitorous
    Minecraft B5:
    • Hiding or throwing away diamond blocks or the tester's gold block is Traitorous.
    (All maps that need something to unlock the tester have obstructing it as a T act)
    Explosive props:
    Explosive props are any prop that may explode on impact or when damaged. The most common example is the explosive barrel.
    Due to their nature, explosive props have special rules to them:
    • Carrying explosive props near players or running towards them with it is a Traitorous act.
    • If an explosive prop carried by someone is shot and explodes, the responsibility for the damage it causes depends on the situation. If the prop was shot intentionally, the SHOOTER is responsible. If the prop was shot accidentally (i.e. while trying to kill the carrier), the CARRIER is responsible.
    So considering TNT is required to activate the tester, won't destroying them be a T act, and what if someone is simply being an ass and refusing to get away from the tester? Won't warning them you are activating tester be enough? Considering it is enough for Ts to warn T traps, then if any die its not their fault, shouldn't it be the same for activating the tester on this map? What if someone places the TNT near the tester, then someone shoots it to activate, and someone dies, who is at fault?

2. Han

Han       VIP

I'm not super familiar with this map, but if the TNT is actually required to use the tester, then yes, it would follow that destroying it would be a T act. This may not be shown in the rules, but logically it makes sense.

I wouldn't say it's enough, personally. You're intentionally killing another player when there are other alternatives, such as pushing them away with a prop or the crowbar. They also wouldn't be "obstructing" the activation of the tester, so they wouldn't be doing anything traitorous.

From the extended rules you quoted: "If the prop was shot intentionally, the SHOOTER is responsible". The shooter here would be at fault.

3. neutral

neutral Banned VIP

Han’s answer is right, except for the first quote.

If an item activates the tester, that doesn’t automatically make traitorous to destroy it or get rid of it. Destroying these items also doesnt directly destroy the tester, it just prevents you from accessing the room where the tester is contained.

In most cases, we have entered these items in to map specific rules, however, the TNT has always been an odd one for me personally because I feel like it’s pretty common nature to want to get rid of an item that can pose a danger to both you and your teammates. It is currently not traitorous to destroy, or get rid of, the TNT- I feel like it would lead to more innoncents getting killed than anything else.

This is all open for discussion though- you’re free to make a suggestion thread if you feel like this should be changed.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. silverstevie

silverstevie Supporter

It is possible to get into such a position that you can't be crowbared, so what if you damage someone trying to get them out by prop pushing? Then what? Normal prop killing rules?

5. neutral

neutral Banned VIP

Yep. You’d be responsible.