Thoughts on my TTT map I'm making for this server.

Discussion in 'TTT Discussion' started by Skyrossm, Sep 25, 2013.

1. Skyrossm

Skyrossm Ideal Female Moderator? VIP Emerald Bronze

Well, after not working on it for a month I decided that I would start making my TTT map again. I'll explain the base components in the next little bit. I just wanna get suggestions from the community on what I should change and what I should add.

Main Idea Of The Map: The map is Called ttt_skyrossm_darkforest, or Dark Forest for short. It's about a cabin in the woods, and it's the middle of the night. This means flashlights are a must.

The maps idea is, a Dark Forest. The point is to have lots of room for hiding behind trees, and sort of like you don't know where it's coming from. A cool feature I have is the increasing loud creepy sound that plays the more you go out into the forest.

Traitor Tester: The map WILL have a T Tester on it, it adds to gameplay for innocents. It will be destroyable. And is in a very, jihadable location.

Another trick for the traitor tester room is that the T's can lock the door to it and turn off the lights. Also a little hint for when it happens. This gives the traitors to do something until the lights com back on.

I'll add more details as I work on the map, stay tuned. You can ask me about anything and suggest anything for the map. :)

Screenshots:
    http://i.imgur.com/DSFs9KT.jpg

Layout I hope to have(Thanks to Gristle)
    http://i.imgur.com/QkXC3g7.png

2. eduardopy

eduardopy Banned

Seems cool. I was thinking that maybe you can also make other buildings besides a cabin. And a lake. But dont make it so huge that players wont find eachother.

3. Tianity

Tianity Member

I really like the idea for this map. Whenever you get pictures, post them please. I'm looking forward to this.

4. Skyrossm

The map is very small, maybe only 0:30 ~ 1:30 to cross the map. Since it's always dark it would have many different play styles, you could always be in the dark, or always have your flashlight on. It matters if you want to die or live.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Skyrossm

The base for the map is made, like the cabin. It's just the area around the cabin needs finishing along with adding a few extra areas.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Skyrossm

• Like Like x 1
  7. Skyrossm

I added a lake, I might make another cabin, but it won't have a basement or anything.

• Like Like x 2
  8. eduardopy

eduardopy Banned

Make a treehouse and some other cabins, maybe make the center cabin bigger?

9. Skyrossm

Maybe, I'm still trying to plan out everything.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Gristle McThornbody

Gristle McThornbody Active Member

The easiest way to add character and decent spawn locations, would be to add a another couple of buildings (i'm thinking a garden shed and outhouse) and a creepy cellar below ground. Think cabin in the woods with a scary hidden torture chamber hidden behind the wine cellar. Also, you'll definitely want at least 4 rooms in the cabin and an attic, think nipper house 1st floor combined with an attic (only with windows).

Here is a mockup of a fairly typical rustic cabin layout:

11. Skyrossm

Good, I might try to map that. The cabin was just a building so I could build the Traitor Tester room.

• Like Like x 2
  12. MckeonHitman

MckeonHitman Serious Member

Make the cabin have t traps galore. Just be sure to add a merman.

13. Skyrossm

Lol, I don't want to many. People get annoyed at them sometimes.

Also the map might come a bit faster since a storm is passing by here and my internet might go down. Hopefully not the power though.

• Like Like x 1