Those 'valid' reports

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by CorallocinB, Jul 30, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

Read above posts (y)

You fail to see the post. This isn't about broad insults, this is about using a specific insult when a user has requested not to be called that. What part of that can't you understand, call me anything you want but this 1 word. I've drawn my line in the sand.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Gonco

Gonco white knight VIP

never say memes and hilarity in a post and tag me ever again you thin skinned chicken boy

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Good Noodle

Good Noodle VIP Silver

That's not a valid enough explanation though. So, it seems like you'll just have to deal with the backlash thats hitting now.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

ily2

• Like Like x 2
  5. BorkWoof

BorkWoof VIP

That being called poo is a lot more offensive than being called an autist, ni**er, fag***?

6. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

for me yea. not because the word, because it brings up bad memories. Not as much as when this whole situation started.

whats funny is the bigger this situation gets the more desensitized I get. So everyone trying to harass me is helping me (y)

• Dumb Dumb x 6
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Walker

Walker Hell yeah VIP

Then you are a child, and need to grow up because that is fucking pathetic

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. Guardia

Guardia The future refused to change, Game Over. VIP

Alright, lets look at the Koishi report. She provided evidence that you were saying somethings that she obviously did not enjoy being called, "xpro has called me something more harassing than i did". Some people don't share whether or not words hurt their feelings, they like to keep that to themselves, you never know. If the term "Xpoo" could be offensive towards you in a personal way, but you could've said something that affected her personally too, or both examples could mean nothing but jokes towards any of you, you don't know.

Edit: All I'm saying is that this could've been handled a lot better with another look into the rules.

• Agree Agree x 5
  9. Lemon

Lemon ideal male moderator VIP Silver

Capture.PNG

:cool:

• Winner Winner x 7
    • Useful Useful x 3
  10. BorkWoof

BorkWoof VIP

justice rains from above

• Like Like x 3
  11. POP STAR

POP STAR have a nice day VIP Emerald Bronze

Hello community,

We have rescinded our original verdict on the "xproplayer versus xpoo" case. It is with good faith and mutual respect that we ask you to understand why the decisions that have been made thus far were made. We do not take harassment lightly and will always respect a player's desire for a safe and comfortable environment while they are here. This is a luxury that we extend to everyone on SGM. With a lot of you being former staff I'm sure you're already quite familiar with this.

However, we were misled and something that was meant to help ended up hurting. We do not tolerate being taken advantage of. We staff are volunteers with jobs, school, and far more things that we could dedicate our time to, but we choose to help a place that we care about. Therefore if you waste our time, we will not hesitate to make it known.

On behalf of the administration team, I apologize for the rollercoaster and quite obvious lack of "duh" on our side. Moving forward, we will work towards being more open-minded and be willing to listen to what the players are saying. We appreciate and thank you for your patience, truly.

• Winner Winner x 15
    • Like Like x 6
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. Lemon

Lemon ideal male moderator VIP Silver

Thank you for not only correcting your mistake but also admitting your mistake.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  13. Cherious

Cherious Regular Member

Only one question reminds in my mind, Was Xproplayer really insulted by the names? Or was he simply acting with malice by exploiting the staff team with his emotions to "punish" those he felt "insulted" by? Because calling those who insulted them a "dumbass", which is a much heavier insult and offensive than being him being called "xpoo" obviously. He may have even lied about feeling "insulted" to begin with....

Last edited: Jul 31, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. Salisian

Salisian An unbroken series of successful gestures VIP

♥ Pop Star

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  15. thefish11099

thefish11099 Regular Member

I gotta say that if creating such a big situation helps you get over a silly word such as "xpoo", then you really are acting like a little kid. Kids create big problems so they can feel better about themselves or receive a feeling of satisfaction. Adults face a situation like this head on and acknowledge the fact that it's A WORD- A SILLY WORD, and become the (easily) bigger person by not letting it affect them, and making it obvious that "Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words may never hurt me" is real, by setting an example of how mature someone can be about such a silly word.

Ex: Someone's called a "pussy" and they are reminded of being weak or being bullied, but since they're an adult or want to act like one, they own the word and remove the effect that it has on them while at the same time, removing the power that it gives other people against them.

It just seems like you don't want to be mature about this situation and be the bigger person. (Side-Note: It doesn't matter to you what they do if you're being the bigger person. The bigger person isn't petty about situations and is mature about it.)

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

lol and now its all my fault and I obviously manipulated the staff team. just :facepalm: I give up

• Like x 2
    • Dumb x 2
    • Dislike x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Useful x 1
    • Creative x 1
  17. BorkWoof

BorkWoof VIP

are you asking for dumbs

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  18. Smusha

Smusha Meme Marine & Staffin' Machine VIP

In all seriousness though, it's not entirely your fault and nobody said that.However you still hold some of it and that is the truth.
    Over the years I've been called names I didn't like, primarily when I was very young and people still liked to do that but who hasn't?
    It's obvious that you didn't like the name Xpoo and it annoyed you to see everyone use it against you, it's only fair.
    But you weren't deeply offended by it either and the people saying it weren't doing it to cyber bully you or make you feel extremely bad.
    If anything this is a prime example of cheeky banter gone wrong if you ask me.

And what you did can count as manipulation.
    The staff team should be used as a shield, not a sword.
    By what you said in the picture found in my post above it is clear that you wanted other people to be in the same situation as you and you were ready to "abuse the system" in order to do that.
    Revenge RDM is still RDM my dude.
    But the other half of the blame goes directly to the staff team and the people that have handled those reports for obvious reasons.
    That was a horrible display of issue management on our side and for that I apologize in the name of the rest of our staff team.

But this issue is already dead and buried.
    What was there to learn out of it has been learned and the issue was not dealt with in an appropriate manner.
    Case closed.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2017
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. john redcorn

john redcorn strangers like me VIP Emerald

bring in the dancing lobsters

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. All this over "Xpoo".
    Okay.
    Okay.