This meme has gone stale

Discussion in 'Farewells' started by Machinekiller00, Jan 11, 2017.

?

Are we human or are we dancers?

1. Human

7 vote(s)
    10.1%
  2. Dancers

8 vote(s)
    11.6%
  3. Memers

54 vote(s)
    78.3%
  1. Machinekiller00

Machinekiller00 I <3 Gunter VIP Silver

I wrote a farewell yesterday but in the middle of it the forums were setback so I had lost all my progress and decided to just sleep instead.

Anyways, it's story time once again.

March of 2014 - I had literally just bought Garry's mod and I decided that I wanted to try out ttt because it sounded fun from what I heard. But that was only from friends that watched youtube videos. I honestly didn't know what to expect but I started playing on a random server. My first experience was an okay server that I got on to play but I never really felt apart of that community. Then I wanted to try another server out so I checked the gmod list and behold I found seriousttt East 2. I had joined and I fell in love with the server. It had so much more content than the previous server I played on so it was a lot more fun. Granted, it wasn't as wacky or crazy with weapons but it was a good time. One night a moderator came on our server and saved us from the rdm and I remember saying thanks to him for helping out. I soon realized I wanted to help out as well cause I had already thrown 250 hours my first month here so I was dedicated enough to play.

April of 2014 - I joined the forums that exact day and made an application. It was a pretty bad application looking back at it now. But it was a drive that I had to become a moderator. I played the game as always and made some friends along the journey. The one that always stuck out the most to me was Darktooth. I had just met him when we were both regulars, and he was pretty passionate about getting staff too. Funny enough, it became a competition between us on who can get mod first. Obviously he was the better one so he got it a few weeks before me. My first app got denied because I wasn't very well known since I didn't talk to many people.

May of 2014 - 2 weeks after my denial I applied again. I wasn't given a date to reapply so I just did it 2 weeks later. It was a bad idea but since then I think i got noticed by a lot more staff because within hours I had so much support. Even from those who I never expected to support me. At the time there were limited mod slots and I was anxious to see who would get those final mod slots. Would it be me or someone else? The thought of finally getting staff excited me. I decided to continue playing it cool and eventually. The Seventh came up to me and gave me trial moderator. It was so exciting and I was so happy. It was so hard at first and I struggled but 3 days later I became a full moderator.

June of 2014 - I had finally got moderator and I was so excited for what was to come. It was an amazing experience and along the way I made friends. Some already staff, or some to be future staff members. We had out little group and we all hanged out and it was the best time ever. I never bonded so much with others before that so it felt great.

July to August of 2014 - My admin resigned and I was assigned under Slicck who had just taken his spot but soon enough even Slicck was too good to stay admin so he got lead. Eventually giving my old buddy Darktooth the shot at admin and being my admin. Sadly during this time a lot of stuff happened and I left the staff. Leaving Darktooth behind and everything that I knew. I told myself that was the end of sttt for me and that was how things were. For awhile at least.
    February of 2015 - I lurked the forums every now and then but never played or became apart of the community again. I was a lurker and nothing more than that. I joined teamspeak again and decided to hang out with new people because I wanted to make new friends. I ended up joining a new friend group that didn't last long but it lasted long enough to make me want to return to this community once again. Even after everything that happened I decided I really wanted to be a staff member. I saw how much I still loved and cared about this place that I decided to apply for staff again.

March of 2015 - I had applied for staff and less than 10 minutes I was pulled by Toxin and we had a talk. Soon enough I got trial moderator again, then after that I got mod. It was good to be back. I was happy to be a staff member and strengthen old bonds while creating new ones. I helped for as long as I could and I stuck around until I just couldn't anymore. I made a lot of friends during this time that I won't mention all because it would take fucking years to tag everyone. But I'll tag @ryan4win so he doesn't bitch that he tagged me but I didn't do the same. The rest of you know who you are. The ones that made my 2015 time as staff a fun one.

October of 2015 - Now we are really jumping far ahead. During this time I was in my senior year of high school and I honestly wanted to spend more time with irl friends than be here. I loved this place but I was already struggling for hours as it was so it was in my best interest to resign from my staff position. I left on that month and still stuck around. Just not as active as I once was.

January of 2016 - I had come back to the community but not as staff this time. I told myself I would never apply again so I didn't make an app. I just stayed as a regular who came on teamspeak and hanged out with everyone. I met some new friends and once again strengthened the bond I had with old friends.

June of 2016 - Graduation was around the corner and all those fun times were coming to an end. I saw that I had so much time on my hands and I was already developing an interest in Garry's mod once again. Funny enough, Giraffe and I both said how we would never be staff members. But we both found ourselves reapplying and getting mod the same day. Crazy how nature do that. Anyways, I decided to go apply and I was picked up by an amazing person named Kyogre. It was the dream team, or team Kyogurt but our team was the dream team. The bond that I had with these guys in team Kyogurt can not be explained in words. These guys are more than friends to me. They are my family and I hope they know that they mean the world to me. I'm getting too mushy here so time to move on.

July - october of 2016 - Kyogre got promoted to lead admin and all my buddies got admin. It was really nice to see all my friends become blue and start to do great things for this community. Kyogre is the person who really inspired me to be admin. I looked up a lot to him and I don't know if he knows that. When I was under his team I was like he really knows how to run a team and he does it so well. Left a good impression on me and start my interests in admin. So I continued doing what I did hoping I could have a shot at admin too.

November - December of 2016 - I got a shot at admin and I was so happy. It was the time of my life and I felt like I'm going to really change this place and make it better. I picked up 2 mods who I love dearly. My team meant the entire world to me. I remember one moment in specific when I wanted to have a serious meeting about bonding more with them but they wouldn't let me talk because they kept memeing me and saying dumb stuff. That moment put a smile on my face. I was happy to have such a great bond and relationship with my team. I only wish for the best and I hope they do what makes them happy. @lNSPECTOR @Milo @Jaysu @Sage

January of 2017 - My admin term was cut short and before anyone says anything no I wasn't demoted like some people think. I resigned because I wasn't happy with the way things were going. I guess I just gave up. I'm sure this place will survive and get back on it's feet. I highly doubt my resignation will change anything. They'll find a replacement soon enough and some young courageous moderator will take my spot and lead my old team. Whoever that may be. Good luck to you. I plan on sticking around because I have no reason to leave the community. You can't get rid of me that easily so don't get too excited. Thanks for all the fun times and memories.
    [​IMG]

• Friendly Friendly x 36
    • Winner Winner x 7
    • Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. ZeRo

ZeRo :sneaky: Banned VIP Silver

See ya around soldier. You did well when you were on the spot. Good luck with your future endeavors and I hope you succeed man.

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  3. Salem

Salem VIP

Going to miss my Mr. Meme... this is going to be so tough without you but I understand why you made this choice.. love you <3

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. john redcorn

john redcorn strangers like me VIP Emerald

double dipping here boys.

See you around man, you got a good head on your shoulders.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  5. Chastity4lyfe

Chastity4lyfe *Eye roll* VIP Silver

[​IMG]

You are such a good kid, and I am excited to still live life with you as a friend because of this community. Thanks for ALL the time you've put into staffing and into just being genuine as a member here. I appreciate you.

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. CorallocinB

CorallocinB Animeme lord VIP Silver Emerald

Meme on.

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. Brahma

Brahma Homecoming. VIP Silver

Atleast you didn't throw a huge tantrum just like how my ex does when nobody hits her up with plans to go out. Good luck out there.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. Han

Han       VIP

I'm glad to see you'll be staying in the community. You're a great person, Machine, and you've put a smile on my face countless times. See you on the rift, even though I'm pretty sure I've only played league with you once. :whistle:

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. Pacifist

Pacifist Cynically Insane VIP Bronze

Machine. I got a lot to say so you best buckle up.

It was around the time that you were a regular that we first had our interactions. I remember what happened like it was yesturday, I ghosted to you and that made you wnat to report me to sinz and get me banned. Just to make yourself look good haha. Even still, I grew a hatred for you from that day forward. Whenever you joined the game I would curse you out because I was upset about my ban. I was an angry little child.
    It wasn't until I got mod that I really started to like you again. I loved talking to you, ryan and CD when you guys would join the channel and just start meming. It was a world I had no idea existed prior to becoming a mod, and you guys made my first 4-5 months as a moderator one of the best times of my life. For that I thank you very much.
    When I got moderator again I was concerned that maybe you would think different of me. I was luckily mistaken and you were a great friend. I loved it when you would join the channel and it was just me and you. We could talk about applications and I could even trust you with information about myself that I wouldn't share with others for reasons of confidence.

I hope you keep your promise of sticking around, because honestly you were a great admin I really am going to miss all the cool conversations we had.
    [​IMG]
    <3

• Winner Winner x 2
  10. Agent A

Agent A Veni, vidi, vici VIP Silver Emerald

RIP meme hour/meme of the month. You'll be missed and thank you for everything you did. Good luck on your future endeavors.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. Mr. Disco

Mr. Disco Jeff Lynne is a musical genius. VIP

RIP Machine. Love you bud. You stuck up for me in 2014. That's what counts (y) I'll miss you pal

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. Cake

Cake I like red VIP

sad to see my meme admin go

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. Lone Wanderer

Lone Wanderer The One and Only VIP

You always seemed like a great guy to me throughout your time here, Machine, and it sucks to see you go, especially in a circumstance like this. You did well during your time as a staff member, and the staff team that remains is certainly going to miss you a lot. It's good to see that you're going to be remaining in the community, and hopefully we're able to get to know each other a little better as time goes on. Thank you for your service, Machine; and keep on memeing.

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. Silent Rebel

Silent Rebel Lead Shitposter VIP

You were always one of my favorite admins because you're the only one who got all my spongebob references. Cya in the flip!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. Orion

Orion He is Exalted Administrator VIP

Out of all the losses, you were the one I didn't think was going to happen. But it did so now there's no turning back. You're my friend and I'll never forget you. Goodbye and may the memes never be stale for you ever again.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. Zack

Zack Shepherd of Fire VIP

It was nice to see you in game after everything went down. :>

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. The Seventh

The Seventh Bloom. VIP

Glad I made the decision to pick you up oh so long ago. Best of luck in the future, and I hope to see you around!

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  18. ryan4win

ryan4win I was supposed to do great things Banned VIP+ Silver

We were always together.

You got
    Mod, I got Mod. I got Admin, you got Admin. And now that everything has been said and done, I resigned, and you resigned.

We've been on a journey and I wouldn't change a single step we took.

Cya around best friend.

• Friendly Friendly x 5
    • Winner Winner x 3
  19. It was fun playing with you. I hope to see you in the servers soon!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  20. Lightning

Lightning Bringing the Thunder VIP

I love you dude, take care and keep in touch.

• Friendly Friendly x 1