This CAN be a safe space

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by Xproplayer, Aug 6, 2017.

1. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

Just realized a ton of people are bitching and moaning about the new policy and general harassment policies saying sgm is becoming a safe space. Yea guess what, this isn't 4chan, we like people to respect each other. If this was a toxic community where anyone could say anything then many people wouldn't play or would socialize and make friends. When policies are changed on SGM it's an impact of no more than 10,000 people, not the entire internet or something stupid. If you want a community that allows that this isn't the one.

• Dumb x 15
    • Agree x 3
    • Disagree x 2
    • Funny x 2
    • Informative x 2
    • Friendly x 2
    • Useful x 2
    • Like x 1
  2. Adrian Shephard

Adrian Shephard VIP Silver

ok bb

• Dumb Dumb x 7
  3. tz-

tz- feelin it VIP Emerald

wheres the fun in that

4. Slap

Slap Dont steal my cheerios VIP

You're one to talk
    [​IMG]

• Funny x 8
    • Old x 2
    • Informative x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
    • Creative x 1
    • Dumb x 1
  5. Ichikunjii

Ichikunjii Vous avez changé VIP Iron

is this bait to get people in trouble

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. Noctorious

Noctorious Your Best Nightmare VIP Emerald

I have a counter argument to this but I'm at work so I'll write it up in a bit

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. Yatty ☄️

Yatty ☄️ Yatt'em VIP Silver

Safe place? On the internet? Yea ok.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Noctorious

Quack

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. Valedict

Valedict VIP

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

i cant fucking tell if this is a bait or not help

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Yatty ☄️

Yatty ☄️ Yatt'em VIP Silver

WHAT THE FUCK DID YOU JUST SAY TO ME YOU- Adorable little duck.

11. Lmao he'll never live that one down

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

I've said far worse lel. I'm not perfect but this post isn't about me. Its about the people bitching that sgm is going soft.

• Like Like x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  13. tz-

tz- feelin it VIP Emerald

yeah and youre to blame with your whole xpoo fiasco

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

the staff preventing harassment isn't them going soft. qq somewhere else you aren't even active.

• Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  15. serious gmod has always been soft and if you think differently, you're soft too

but you created a week of controversy like just a week ago, who are you to preach about safe spaces lol

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. BorkWoof

BorkWoof VIP

why

• Useful Useful x 1
  17. Noctorious

Okay so what I'm gonna say is that this is a gaming community and as a community there's really 2 ways we can go with this whole harassment issue.

On one side, we can be a safe space, completely free from harassment and any form of derogatory chat and open and accepting and conscious of all people and doing everything we can to not possibly offend them because of the possibility that they have some tragic event happen in their lives, they have some sort of disability, or whatever. And this can basically be a place where people who get picked on a lot can come to shield themselves from the world for a bit and not get picked on or be offended and be a safe place for them to come to.

On the other hand, I spend 45+ hours a week doing customer service and having to be politically correct and try my best not to offend anyone and watch every single word I say. I want to come home and be able to let loose. I wanna tell the last inno on my team that he was a fucking idiot for not checking the tab menu and seeing it was just him and the T. I don't want to bring customer service speech into my gaming, except for when I was moderating and even then I was looser. Having a place for people to let out a little rage and not have to watch everything they say is a nice place to have, but the opposite of a safe space.

We can be either and we had a mostly decent balance between the 2 but you can have all of both and as this is a community run by the administration, for the most point they make the difficult decision of how much of each side needs to be balanced to keep the majority of the players happy, but a lot of people are taking a side on far one side or far on the other. I don't envy the position we've put them in because of it.

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  18. AAAAAAAAAAAAA

AAAAAAAAAAAAA coolgamer VIP

I dont think trying to achieve a safe space is a good thing cuz then you get these annoying people cannot comprehend opinions they don't like and just cry harassment on everything.

I don't think the new rules are trying to make this a ''safe space'' anyways, but are just here to weed out the useless people that literally do nothing but post useless garbage all day and generally create a negative environment. This could also be the people that constantly create drama by making up harassment claims on everything they see, not the people calling them out.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Pacifist

Pacifist Cynically Insane VIP Bronze

no

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Good Noodle

Good Noodle VIP Silver

Let's not.

• Agree Agree x 1