Answered Theoretical frag situation

Discussion in 'Questions & Answers' started by THOTimus Prime, Dec 6, 2017.

1. So this happened to me earlier and I got slain for it and I'd like to think what your guys's opinion on it is. (Note: I don't contest the slay nor am I complaining about the slay, Im just curious to see what people think about the situation). So lets say there's a room with two entrances. From one end of the room, someone drops in a frag grenade. You see this, but cant see into the room or the other side, and only know there's people in the room. From the other side of the room, someones throws a live frag at the same time the other person drops in a frag. So you see the person drop in a frag, and you hear the sound of a live frag hitting the floor. In my case, I assumed the person that dropped the frag threw it and killed him in response, because it wouldn't make any sense to assume otherwise. But since I killed someone who only dropped a frag, I got slain. As I said, however, there's really no way I could've know it wasn't him due to the other frag being thrown at the same time. Thoughts?

2. Emily❤

Emily❤ The strongest light is the one within VIP Silver Emerald

As soon as you say assume you already admit to not knowing for sure that he was the thrower and then you just kill of sus. Even if this was a situation where it can be hard to tell you still didn't know he did it(also I think the animation looks different fora drop and throw but I'm not sure about that).

3. DocFox

DocFox The Best Is Yet To Come VIP Silver Emerald

1) This situation isn't theoretical considering that it was a literal situation.

2) There are two completely different animations in GMod for throwing a grenade and dropping a grenade. It wouldn't matter if they dropped it or if they threw it simply based on the fact that you can see whether or not they threw it.

3) In 'theory' it's RDM inside and out.

4. 4sea

4sea VIP

As mango explained on his 2nd point, throwing and dropping grenades have different animations. This means you can tell the difference between people who throw or drop them.

You can not kill players who simply drop their nades.

I was in a similar situation where a player dropped their incend nade down while I was looking right at him, and not long later I heard the explosion and saw the fire from his incendiary at the same spot he threw it. So I killed him for throwing incendiaries.
    It turned out that he merely dropped his, and someone else threw an incendiary at the same spot. It still was rdm from me and I was slain for it.

5. Thats just bad wording on my part, doesnt mean I wasnt confident in my kill.
    Regardless, apparently theres a difference in animation from throwing and dropping and I had no idea. I guess that settles it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Siddo

Siddo Banned VIP Bronze

When holding a grenade, you have the same pose as when holstered, arms down your side.
    Your pose does not change at all when you drop a grenade.

When throwing a grenade, you have the same pose as when holding a crowbar, weapon arm raised up.

Additionally, the grenades themselves have different physics properties depending on whether they're dropped or thrown.