Other Theme Park Recreation (Planet Coaster)

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by STONEY, Jun 26, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. STONEY

STONEY I AM FIRE, I AM DEATH. VIP

It's always been my fantasy to build Six Flags Magic Mountain as a recreation. I attempted in Roller Coaster Tycoon 3, but that game didn't have quite the realism I was looking for. Planet Coaster on the other hand definitely suits my needs for such a task.

For quite some time I've been working to build and complete this park in Planet Coaster. The game ended up limiting me to have to condense the size of the parks width. Certain areas were crammed together and it just would've ended up not looking professional. With my OCD that wasn't going to work out so I quit trying last year.

Then a few weeks ago I found out about an update in the game, that completely fixed that huge issue I had. But this meant I'd have to start all over again from scratch. But I knew it was well worth it.

So here I am, back and ready to put my work into it all over again. I'll try to keep y'all updated as my progress continues. This time I'm going a bit more extreme with it, by using real life measurements to get precise and accurate spacing for things throughout the park. Which is actually very helpful than just eyeballing it.

Once in a while, if I end up having time I'll stream the construction as I go along. You can watch at my Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/stoneyonsteam

I already have 1 session on there of my work.

Also here's an Album I'm putting together on imgur: https://imgur.com/a/5gX2Sha

I'll post screenshots here and possibly future videos as the park gets a little bit more underway.

Wish me luck on this adventure!

If anyone has any questions or concerns about my project feel free to drop it in this thread or message me on Steam!

Last edited: Jun 27, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  2. STONEY

3. Titan

Titan SGM's official music nerd Administrator VIP Bronze

Man you are one dedicated ass motherfucker. I couldn't finish one park that was my own, and here you are kicking ass at recreating parks. Fuckin A+ stoney

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  4. The Cuddle Team Leader

The Cuddle Team Leader Banned Elite

I have that game, and I love six flags, both magic mountian and hurricane harbor! :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. STONEY

Made the dual station for Tatsu
    [​IMG]

Started to form some slopes and hills (hardest part imo)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  6. Elvis

Elvis TheRockStars VIP Silver

Well at least we know your kink is roller coasters.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. STONEY

Progress Update!

- Started making custom supports for Tatsu's Lift Hill

- Reconstructed the Sky Tower base to better match the design irl

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Boomshakalaka

Boomshakalaka VIP Bronze

You are talented AF

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. STONEY

Progress Update!

- Re-built Full Throttle, making it more accurate in measurements

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. LeakEatsyou

LeakEatsyou Banned

I noticed this thread is about 5 years old, so I'd be super interested to hear how your project has evolved since you last updated us. Did you complete your recreation of Six Flags Magic Mountain? Any new challenges or successes you'd like to share?
    You're talking about recreating Six Flags Magic Mountain, which is one of the gems in the amusement parks arena. That place is chock-full of iconic rides and areas that I can only imagine would be a real challenge to reproduce in a game setting, especially with your aim for realism.
    And if you've continued to stream or post updates, please do drop those links. Would love to catch up on your progress!

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 20, 2023
  11. 8BitF0x

8BitF0x a pixelated fox that loves rdm VIP

Wholesome activity! Wait a second...

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Robyn

Robyn Floof Moderator VIP Silver

What was even the point?

13. Orion

Orion He is Exalted Administrator VIP

why do people waste their time creating bots to reply to random shit on dead communities bro wtf is the point

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Jabba the Slut

Jabba the Slut That's Kinky! Lead Admin VIP Silver

There's usually a link embedded in the posts as well, those get edited out.

15. 8BitF0x

8BitF0x a pixelated fox that loves rdm VIP

Agreed! Also welcome to Serious GMOD! Glad to have you here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.