The Silencer & The Hex Shield - New!

Discussion in 'TTT Discussion' started by Opalium, Feb 24, 2017.

1. Opalium

Opalium Stay Awesome Banned VIP Silver

The Silencer
    Traitor weapon
    Created by: @Opalium | Suggested by: @Opalium

[​IMG]

SGM Exclusive!

Type: Grenade
    Stock: One-time
    Damage: 0
    Radius: 650 units
    Duration: 6 seconds
    Inventory slot: 8

The Silencer is a grenade-type weapon available for the traitors. When it explodes, it releases a burst of energy that disrupts the radio equipment of all players in within the radius and silences them. Silenced players have their text chat, voice chat and TTT radio disabled for the duration. This means they cannot send messages, use TTT binds (like "X is a traitor!") or use voice chat. Once the effect is over. Incoming messages and voice are not affected. Useful for silently killing targets without them calling for help or alerting others, or to cause confusion within a large group of players.

Gameplay notes and Rules:
    • Like all traitor weapons, possessing/using this weapon is a T act and you may be killed for it.
    • If a silenced player kills/is killed while under the effect of The Silencer, the kill is still credited to the killer - NOT to the player who threw the grenade.
    • The silence effect comes with a noticeable visual and audio effect to easily understand when and how long are you silenced for.
    • While silenced, some players still see their voice chat box appearing on their client. However, your voice will not be transmitted and no one will be able to see it other than you.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2017
    • Winner Winner x 6
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Opalium

The Hex Shield
    Detective weapon
    Created by: tau (Link) - modified for SGM by @Opalium | Suggested by: @Rick

[​IMG]
    Type: Placeable
    Stock: One-time
    Damage: 0
    Duration: 12 seconds
    Inventory slot: 8

The Hex Shield is a placeable device that can be thrown on any surface or object (including walls and ceilings - the device sticks to them). Using advanced nano technology, the device deploys an energy force field in the shape of a sphere around it that lasts for a few seconds. This force field, known as the Hex Field, completely blocks all bullets, explosions, projectiles and any other source of damage from both outside and inside it. However, it does not block player movement, and players can freely pass through the shield. After the duration, the batteries run out and the shield deactivates.

Gameplay notes and Rules:
    • This weapon is NOT a traitor weapon. Possessing it is NOT a T act, and players may not be killed for it.
    • The shield cannot be broken manually, even by damaging it. It only deactivates once its duration runs out.
    • The device has a short throwing range, and must be thrown at nearby surfaces. If, when trying to place the device, it does not fire - you are probably aiming at an invalid location. Try to aim closer to yourself.
    • The shield blocks almost all direct damage sources, including C4, Jihad and grenades. However, discombs thrown near it can still affect those inside the shield, and some T traps may still damage the players inside.
    • You must fully stand within the shield to be protected. If your body is not fully inside you may still be damaged. The shield is large enough for 2-3 people to stand inside.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

Cool. I'll find a way to max these out

• Like Like x 2
  4. AAAAAAAAAAAAA

AAAAAAAAAAAAA coolgamer VIP

give winston skin for detective pleas

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. Mellow

Mellow Taking it easy VIP

Pretty cool items, used both. The grenade is a bit tricky to utilize properly but nevertheless neat.

6. You can't cook the silencer, or tear gas.

7. AAAAAAAAAAAAA

AAAAAAAAAAAAA coolgamer VIP

Video of both new items. Pls ban metagame

• Like Like x 1
  8. StrayHunter

StrayHunter Emerald

HELLO YOUTUBE HELLO MOM

9. Will-e

Will-e VIP

Maybe I'm bad at lua, but I don't see that check anywhere in the code. It's simply not working right randomly when you're trying to toss. I don't know why. It's like sometimes you Press Attack at the wrong time when it's looping and it just tells you it has no ammo. This should really be re-coded with a focus on Primary Attack.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=682125090

Even in the comments section of the original mod these issues were mentioned. Strange they weren't resolved before adding them to the server.

10. Wex

Wex The enemy of art is the absence of limitations VIP Bronze

Why is this a rule? The silencer does no damage and slays are only for RDMs and in some cases camping/delaying.

Should we also warn for smoke grenades now because it disrupts vision?

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. wagwan

wagwan VIP

12. Elvis

Elvis TheRockStars VIP Silver

I was reading over this and was going to post damn near the same thing you did.

Fr fr why are we required to warn? Its not it will do anything to the traitors.

Another question. Does it show up in RDM manager when someone is "tagged" by the effects of this?

• Like Like x 1
  13. Opalium

After discussing the matter within the administration, we decided to remove this rule. Our original mindset for this rule proved to be inaccurate when we saw how it works out in reality. You are indeed correct in questioning this decision and I'm sorry for any inconvenience this may have brought.
    However, even though not mandatory, I still strongly recommend to warn your teammates before using this or any other grenade, to allow them to react and avoid being hit/impaired by it.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Does the silencer affect the team voice & chat for the traitors so those under the affects can still warn others?

15. Opalium

Yes. The Silencer completely disables all forms of communication, including team only chats.

16. Wouldn't that cause issues for traitors trying to warn before using Jihad, frag, etc. A well timed silencer could cause problems.

17. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

Agreed

• Like Like x 2
  18. Emily❤

Emily❤ The strongest light is the one within VIP Silver Emerald

As the two others over me I have also had concerns about this as there wouldn't be any proof of any warning if the one warning is hit by the silencer except for the one trying to warn. So would this be a case of wvw as I am unsure if there is a way to see who the silencer affected or if it would be on the one throwing the silencers fault for disrupting a fellow Ts ability to warn.

19. Carned

Carned ✘o ✘o VIP Silver Emerald

It's in the logs when you get silenced.

20. Emily❤

Emily❤ The strongest light is the one within VIP Silver Emerald

So would this be on the one throwing the silencer or would there be no punishment for either if this case comes up, as they aren't required to warn for throwing?