The SGM Experience Survey - Weapons

Discussion in 'TTT Discussion' started by Opalium, Jul 20, 2017.

1. Opalium

Opalium Stay Awesome Banned VIP Silver

I've only included custom weapons. The original TTT weapons are not included.

2. (ØČĐ)™ Atlas ︻デ═一

(ØČĐ)™ Atlas ︻デ═一 Always Gray ︻デ═一 VIP

Why would the vanilla weapons not be included in the list of buff/nerf?

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. The Law

The Law You fought the law and the law won. VIP Silver Emerald

I'd prefer to see buffs, rather than nerfs.

(ie. buffing some of the underpowered weapons, and expanding the list of "meta weapons")

• Agree Agree x 6
  4. Graze

Graze Zzz... VIP Silver

Hey mate. Im not saying that we gotta buff or nerf guns. I'm just saying that we should add a scope to the Jackhammer for easier snipes.

• Funny Funny x 3
  5. BorkWoof

BorkWoof VIP

can you speak english

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  6. rigby250

rigby250 VIP

but I wanted my m16 buff :mad:

• Dumb Dumb x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Opalium

Thank you for feedback, everyone. Just to address some of the concerns raised in the thread:
    • Weapon balancing will not depend solely on this survey. There are a lot more factors that take part in this. Balancing is a fine process and we need to be careful with it.
    • This is NOT a mass weapon overhaul. Our goal right now is to target a the main pain points and address them only. The data we collect here will be used in the long run to monitor the status of the game, but by no means we are going to mess with every gun in the game. I believe the final changes for this pass will affect 3-4 guns at most.
    • There is no schedule to this project. I have many thing son the back burner and this is one of them. All I can promise is that this will come before some other planned things.
    • Beta testing of these changes WILL happen, once it's ready.
    • There are currently no plans to change our weapon base. Sorry.
    • Vanilla weapons are not included as we will not be making any changes to them mostly due to compatibility issues. Maybe in the future, but right now they will remain as they are.
    Once again, thank you for your feedback. The survey is still open for responses, if you haven't answered it yet!

• Optimistic Optimistic x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. How come the M16 is replaced on the modded servers with different stats and everything?

Can't the same be done for vanilla weapons?

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. News Network

News Network broken Banned VIP

>Add Negev direct stats from CSGO
    >Change Kek-9 to the exact stats it has on CSGO
    >Buff HUGE for 100% accuracy and 100 dmg per bullet

Nah but in all seriousness, I don't think weapons need a buff or nerf. If it ain't broken don't fix it kinda thing.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. News Network

It's powerful but not OP, do you expect it not to do damage when it hits? AK47 is an ez competitor for it, just aim for the head.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Compared to the sniper rifles/Winchester 1873

- 20 shots in a clip
    - Rifle/AWP accuracy per shot when aiming
    - High firerate / Semi-Automatic (and not bolt-action)
    - One hit headshot
    - Suitable for close range, medium range and long range.
    - Very forgiveable, if you suck at headshots you can just spam the entire clip out into them and they will die.

Tell me why this isn't overpowered compared to the Winchester 1873 or Rifle.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  12. News Network

Compare it to another assault rifle like the AK47
    - Fully Automatic
    - High damage rate & fast rate of fire
    - 2 hit kill if you headshot
    - Spray is insanely easy to learn
    - Also suitable at all ranges

Yeah, maybe the AK isn't as forgivable as the SL8 but it's easy to fend off against when you incorporate the fact you can jump around like a chicken and maintain accuracy in gmod. Just get good movement and you'll be much harder to hit.

You really can't compare the Winchester to the sl8 because they're supposed to be completely different weapons, it just isn't a competitor. Adjust your play style to the weapon you use and you should be fine. Everyone's obviously going to have their own opinion on this but I really don't think anything needs nerfing (I don't even use the SL8)

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Interesting survey, thanks for letting us submit our opinions in a compact and easily understood format :)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. CorallocinB

CorallocinB Animeme lord VIP Silver Emerald

:yawn:

Had no issues with this game during the time i played, jul 2014 to jul 2016

people were upset that the vanilla shotgun i used was always one capping their asses :shifty: now people just cant get good

Last edited: Jul 24, 2017
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  15. Paradox

Paradox The One Eyed Ghoul Banned Elite

Is it just me or do people complain when they can't get easy wins now a days.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. Opalium

The M16 was changed quite long ago (when the community was just starting) after many requests from the player base back then, mostly because of the new model. It serves as a good example to why we shouldn't modify the core files: to this day we're struggling with its compatibility. This is why there will be no changes to the vanilla weapons.

• Informative Informative x 2
  17. BorkWoof

BorkWoof VIP

the current weapons (sl8, etc) give you an easy win.
    It's quite obvious they don't want weapon nerfs bc of that

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. Vizzys

Vizzys New Member

ttk in general could be longer , a lot of the rifles are basically just bullet hose lasers, add some spread,screen shake or something,anything.
    because right now if you shoot the guy who is obviously walking toward you with intent to kill its RDM if you shoot first (obviously)
    but if you think about it they have a massive advantage, because you are dead in 2 seconds. some time to react to a person shooting you would change everything.

• Like Like x 1
  19. BorkWoof

BorkWoof VIP

I think the T equipment should stay the same though, as the role of a traitor is to make quick and silent kills, avoiding call outs. of course people would still just go on mass genocides with the mp7

• Old Old x 1
  20. Great survey Opalium!
    I also found a mistake in the loadout section. It says that the Double barrel could be removed from the loudout options , but im fairly certain that it has already been removed.