The SeriousGmod Monthly - Issue #5

Discussion in 'Farewells' started by Han, Nov 7, 2017.

1. Han

Han       VIP

The SGM Monthly is dead. I've evolved to clickbait titles now.

As you can probably tell by my purple name, I've resigned from my position in the staff team. My reasons are pretty mundane. I still enjoy playing gmod, but with my current schedule, all I would be doing is sitting at the minimum. I've never wanted to settle for mediocrity, and there's also other things that I feel like I really need to spend more time on right now.

I was picked up by Lemon a little over a year ago, and I really enjoyed getting back into the staff team again. A lot of faces have changed since then. Opal was just a mod at the time, Helix wasn't even a staff member, and some of the current staff members here hadn't even joined the forums. Many of the ex-staff from April and January were on the staff team when I was picked up, and I had a lot of fun as a mod then.

January brought some unexpected change after many of the people I knew resigned, and soon afterwards I was promoted to admin. It was like running a race in fourth place, but then the three people in front of you all tripped. I was a good candidate based on the other candidates at the time, but it's important to consider that the "competition" had either resigned, been demoted, or also promoted because of the sudden abundance of admin spots. Becoming an admin at a time like that was definitely an unusual experience for me, and I hope no one else has to get promoted in a situation like that.

Here were are ten months later, with me being the third-longest running staff member. ( Noob and Cafe are actually three individual people sharing accounts, that's why they've stayed on the staff team so long ) Being part of the administration team has been a great opportunity, although there have been moments that have left bad taste in my mouth. I haven't always agreed with certain rulings, but I've always had the chance to voice my opinion. The pros have outweighed the cons by a long shot, though. I was able to carry on @Lemon and @Machinekiller00's legacy too, so that's a plus.

I don't really know how people will have seen me as an admin, nor do really know what my legacy will be. When wink resigned, there was a running joke on who the new "wink" would be, implying that wink was the scapegoat for many reports. Well, I'm not wink. I'm also not going to reapply in a month or two, and I'm pretty sure I'm not going to get a COI ban an hour after making this thread. I hope people have just seen me as the staff member I've always striven to be: a memer who's tried to balance fun and fairness equally.

Thanks for all the memories everyone, and I hope to make many more in the future.

• Friendly Friendly x 47
    • Winner Winner x 7
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Hyper ✿

Hyper ✿ peace lata VIP Bronze

Whoa.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Skyrossm

Skyrossm Ideal Female Moderator? VIP Emerald Bronze

someone should continue the legacy~

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. ink

ink Genuine Happiness VIP Silver

Does clickbait violate community guidelines? @HelixSpiral

• Useful Useful x 1
  5. Agent Knockout

Agent Knockout Шуми Марица, окърваена! Плаче вдовица, ранена! VIP

There goes one more staff member, this time an admin that I rarely meet(except on the boss fights)Take care and good luck in whatever you need to do, despite the fact I never met you.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. .shirt

.shirt VIP

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    SORRY IF ITS SUPER LONG

• Agree Agree x 4
  7. Machinekiller00

Machinekiller00 I <3 Gunter VIP Silver

Honestly I didn't think id miss the real memer hours as much as I did. It was one of my favorite things to do but I'm glad that you carried on the meme. I don't think there could of been any other person that would be able to do it. You're a really funny guy and I always enjoy joking around with you. RIP the meme of the month though but can't wait for you to pop out more memes :sneaky:

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  8. Zack

Zack Shepherd of Fire VIP

About fucking time I got my news letter. I'll miss having you around buddy, take care. :>

• Friendly Friendly x 5
  9. Panda With a Gun

Panda With a Gun CHINA NUMBA ONE Administrator VIP Emerald

Thanks for all the memes and the opportunity you gave me when you picked me up.

Good luck with whatever you got planned ahead of you Han ;)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. Dolph1n

Dolph1n Time is an adventure- if you know when to look. Banned Elite

Han-

Dude, you're a fuckin' legend. You made the staff team so amazing to be on and just to be around. Even before I was picked up you were the OG admin. And don't think I'll forget when you picked me up. It may have only been 2 days, but I'm proud as hell to be able to say I was a part of your team. Thanks for believing in me and giving me that chance.

So come back, and do more SGM monthlies, ye? I'll be welcoming you in open arms, and I'm sure the rest of the staff team will be too.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Timo654

Timo654 EU BEST VIP Silver

life won't be the same without real memer hours

• Agree Agree x 4
  12. Agent Knockout

Agent Knockout Шуми Марица, окърваена! Плаче вдовица, ранена! VIP

Did you think im making a farewell? Or did I alert you of Han's farewell?The first option is non-sense though.

13. Opalium

Opalium Stay Awesome Banned VIP Silver

I'll miss you so much. You have no idea. I already told you what I wanted in private, so I'll just leave you with this petty attempt to praise your legacy:

[​IMG]

I tried.

• Friendly x 6
    • Optimistic x 5
    • Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Winner x 1
  14. Azaelus

Azaelus I want to break free VIP Silver Emerald

Bloody fack. I thought you actually made the last issue. Goddamit.

Shoutout to you my friend. Thank you for taking me under your wing back in March when I was on the brink of resigning from the stress and early rises I had to do from staffing in the night team. You did it a second time a few months ago.

Peace out mate. Hope to see you back soon.

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  15. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

wait who were u

jk u werent a shit admin

• Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. Adrian Shephard

Adrian Shephard VIP Silver

Rhienor has 1 years non stop staffing or more

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  17. Falcor

Falcor ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ VIP Silver

I snagged you when I could for a reason.
    You did great Han, you were one of my Mods and later Admins I knew could do it all on there own, no hand holding here. :^)
    I feel we had an unspoken understanding of each other. One of the most solid dudes and staff members.
    It was a pleasure to have you join my team and be my longest running Mod and then Admin. Honestly I was so happy when you said you would join me.
    Thank you for all the help, thank you for always speaking your opinion and thank you for all the understanding through the trickier moments.

a man of my own heart:
    A memer who's tried to balance fun and fairness equally.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. (ØČĐ)™ Atlas ︻デ═一

(ØČĐ)™ Atlas ︻デ═一 Always Gray ︻デ═一 VIP

Damn now i am the only one with a Star Wars Theme name :( Han, love ya man and keep shooting first. Just dont rdm because you do not have discretion any longer.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. Acnologia

Acnologia modern desperado VIP Silver

You did a good job considering how long you were staff

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  20. CrownedWings

CrownedWings Quirkless but still kickin VIP

Farewell Han, I didn’t know you much but I had a respect for you (doesn’t mean I don’t respect you now) as a admin, but I hope you do great on your future endeavors!

• Friendly Friendly x 1