The Hobbies of SGM

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by Tankor Of Finland, Apr 27, 2017.

1. I was not sure if this kind of thread existed so i thought i'd make one. So, what sort of hobbies do you people have besides gmod? I personally am a massive mega nerd and collect transformers action figures. I suppose i should add reading of both books and comics as a hobby here too.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  2. zomborg

zomborg "She's like a little Satan." - CDriscoll 2015 VIP

Hobby/part time job during the warmer months is hulahooping. I got big ones, little ones, plastic ones, LED ones... I've spent a lot of money.

• Creative Creative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Santa Claus

Santa Claus Best Member VIP Bronze

I like building shit. Computers, drones, engines. I'm also a machinist.

Oh, and I like playing video games.

I've only built the frame for this bad boy so far. It'll weigh around 190lbs and lift about 250 for up to 15-20 minutes. no load flight time is calculated to be around 40 minutes. Farming, pipelines, and I guess just flying my ass around for fun would be the uses. Its got 13hp electric motors and about 90lbs of LiPo batteries. Waiting for next gen batteries to come out, since theyre the majority of the cost. Cost is about 6 grand

7 foot end to end with 32" props
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 27, 2017
    • Like Like x 6
  4. Noctorious

Noctorious Your Best Nightmare VIP Emerald

I used to be in bowling league in high school

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. andrewca79

andrewca79 Malteser Forever VIP Silver

I'm into video games, computer programming, game development, reading and physics (nuclear and quantum in particular)

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  6. Here is a picture of my small transformers collection. It nicely shows how shit my cellphone cam is. [​IMG] They are all decepticons because autobots suck.[​IMG]

Last edited: May 2, 2017
    • Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  7. Chastity4lyfe

Chastity4lyfe *Eye roll* VIP Silver

I crochet - and make stuff like this :
    [​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. That mermaid blanket is glorious!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. Kyül

Kyül Caged Bird VIP Bronze

Apart from playing games and Kitesurfing:

[​IMG]

I have an unexplainable passion for collecting Snapback caps. Most of it is in Germany, and when I get back ill start collecting again. My goal is to someday have 365 caps for every day for some stupid reason. IDK, I just love them-

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Grace

Grace 真夜中 VIP Silver

I like building pcs, programming, playing sports and playing instruments.

• Like Like x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  11. ECHO-6251

ECHO-6251 The insectoid alien. VIP Silver

Writing, 3D modeling, drawing, 501st legion, cinematography and the sort, PC building

Edit: oh yeah and play bass, drums and keys/synths.

Last edited: May 3, 2017
  12. STONEY

STONEY I AM FIRE, I AM DEATH. VIP

Gaming, listening to Metallica, drumming, watching good cinema, creating wishlists on amazon/newegg, hot sauce collector, bit of a horror geek, and The Walking Dead.

13. Mr. Disco

Mr. Disco Jeff Lynne is a musical genius. VIP

i like to sing and like produce small music tracks xd i do it as a hobby and only a hobby. its a fun thing to make and helps with stress. i really don't plan to be like too serious with it, just something for fun.

14. (ØČĐ)™ Atlas ︻デ═一

(ØČĐ)™ Atlas ︻デ═一 Always Gray ︻デ═一 VIP

I disc golf.

• Informative Informative x 1
  15. ArcticFox29

ArcticFox29 Creator of lag. Silver

Here's a few of the ones I have in my house (pinball machine was behind me), and the frame in between these ones here is a framed scoreboard from an old pinball machine.
    [​IMG]

Then here's some I've been working on in our storage unit.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    But my brother is the handy one! He's the one checking out the Ferrari and passing the Lambo when we went to Las Vegas.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 10
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Siddo

Siddo Banned VIP Bronze

It's not really something I ever truly pursued to the point of developing a skill, but I really love bows and archery, it touches my soul somehow. I've always been fascinated by bowmen and archery, in games particularly, and often I'll opt to play bow-based characters (e.g. in MMOs, RPGs, etc.) and I do have a compound bow of my own with arrows, but I rarely to never use it.
    For those with no fancy for bows, a compound bow is a modern kind of bow that makes it really easy to hold the string once it's pulled back, but it's harder to pull it initially. Gives you more time to aim without getting tired from holding the string back :3 It looks really fancy, you should look some up.

Other than that, if it counts, exploring the human psyche as it intrigues me immensely. Concepts of good and bad, why we perceive them as such. Why we behave as we do. I originally wanted to become a psychologist, but I've opted to go down the road of a teacher but my fancy for psychology and philosophy is unchanged :3

Last edited: May 2, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Dolph1n

Dolph1n Time is an adventure- if you know when to look. Banned Elite

I'm a knife enthusiast and semi-collector, I'll take pics of my "collection" when I get home.

EDIT: nvm too lazy

Last edited: May 3, 2017
  18. Sleepy

Sleepy sleepy head VIP Silver

I love drawing and I play instruments (flute, clarinet, and piano), I sing sometimes too.

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. Togo ✿

Togo ✿ Nobody Gets it VIP Silver

i golf and go to the beach

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. Cafedemocha

Cafedemocha 2319 VIP

I like to play guitar, I'm in a band with some buddies of mine and we like to play for fun. During summer I like to play a lot of paintball but there aren't any good places near me, the only place that's close has shitty fields and the refs are pretty ass but I still enjoy it. (y)