Answered 'The Hidden' And Prop killing.

Discussion in 'Questions & Answers' started by Communist Rick, Nov 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. * This isnt a rant, or a post because ' Im Angry that I died' its more of a clarifications*
    So basically, It was the Hidden round on 67thway, and a bunch of players, 3 or 4 I think, had placed the stone chip into the water by the gunstore , so any players ( hidden or not) that fell by the water would die. This had included my death. I had kindly asked one of our moderators on the server whether it was permitted or not, whether it was considered exploiting, and he/she replied saying that '

not really, theyre doign it so a hidden will die when they fall
    (Me) :
    though its also killing non hidden, such as me

(mod)aah, ill warn them, however we dont have a set punishment/protocol for prop killing in fun rounds'
    So, what im pretty much wondering is if prop killing or map exploiting as such applies to fun rounds, and if not, should it? ( Also, I didnt name the moderators name incase they didnt want to be mentioned)

2. Noctorious

Noctorious Your Best Nightmare VIP Emerald

This has been asked before, give me a moment as I don't remember if an admin or above commented on the previous thread

3. Kyogre

Kyogre Ayuda VIP Silver

As the Moderator told you, there isn't really a set rule as the same rules of TTT don't apply to our Fun Rounds I'm afraid. But as far as your problem goes, I was the other Moderator present and can compare the situation closely to that of the Diamond Sword in Jondome. There really isn't such a thing as "RDM" in our fun rounds.

So I can tell you this, the players were trying to hold the prop with their magneto stick to ensure that people died to the fall during that, that we can do something about. As that is considered prop blocking and it isn't allowed. But the act of doing the things you listed above, that doesn't really fall upon us, doing this to intentionally kill and deter from other's experiences though is more questionable and can even fall into trolling category. But for that we'd need Admin discretion for a Trolling ban. A Moderator cannot slay for RDM during fun rounds because it isn't really essential to the game. I'll go ahead and let others respond though as this is just what I've got to say personally.

4. Noctorious

Noctorious Your Best Nightmare VIP Emerald

http://www.seriousgmod.com/threads/the-hidden-clarifications.23449/

Okay, this was the previous thread on this subject. There were 2 different types of answers from mods. I'll tag the leads for an official decision on if working around the lack of team damage to kill your teammates on fun rounds is a punishable act. Especially if it bothers or affects the players that are killed. Also, Should the use of that strategy be allowed as it makes it to where the players down the hole are unreachable to the hidden as there is no other access except the one which has been made to auto-kill?

@Disruptionz @Darktooth

5. It's not allowed. I was an innocent and saw another player put the stone chip there. I called @CDriscoll to spectate him. When a player died, the innocent who placed te rock was slain.

It's considered prop killing, it's 100% impossible for the hidden to win in that situation, idk why there's even a debate about this, it shouldn't be allowed

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. BlueCore

BlueCore Onward and Upward Banned VIP

If in the scenario you mentioned there is no possible way for the hidden to kill you without falling down and killing themselves via the stone chip; this scenario would fall under exploitation. Understandably, the Non-Hiddens are trying to survive, but using a feature that puts all Hiddens rendered useless is not an acceptable action. In terms of prop killing your team-mate, it can all depend on the situation. I'l get clarity when I can for you in regards to Prop killing your teammates unintentionally in the Hidden should be a punishable offence. Of course, intentionally killing your teammates with props is punishable.

• Winner Winner x 3
  7. Darktooth

Darktooth I was #1 VIP

Me and @Disruptionz have ruled prop killing teammates, intentional or not, as RDM and a slayable offense.

• Informative Informative x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 2
    • Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.