Important The Crashes and Our Progress

Discussion in 'TTT Discussion' started by Opalium, Apr 15, 2018.

1. Opalium

Opalium Stay Awesome Banned VIP Silver

Hey SGMers.

Following the questions of some players earlier, I'm making this statement to ensure no one is left uninformed and to help clear out some of the questions you guys may have. This is mostly a summary of all the details given to the community so far.
    • For the last few months, we've been investigating the crash issues in our TTT servers. This is an ongoing investigation by our developers. Unfortunately, the crashes in question are unusual in that they leave no logs/dumps/traces behind, leaving us with no leads on what could be the cause.
    • We therefore have been going the long way about this, going step after step and figuring the issue out by method of elimination (checking and eliminating what is not the cause of the issue). We have made a fair amount of progress in regards to these during the last month, eliminating many different options.
    • Our current focus is investigating our server infrastructure (the hosting machines and the hosting datacenters), as we suspect the crashes may not be coming from GMod itself. We have also consulted Facepunch, the developers of GMod, who are also assisting us in this matter.
    • Unfortunately there is no ETA on when will this be resolved. This is a fairly complex issue that can be the result of countless things. While we've already scratched off many possible reasons, there is still some more work to do.
    • Myself and the administration would like to thank you for sticking with us even with the current state of things. We hope to resolve the issues as soon as possible to allow us all to enjoy playing as we always used to. I will update this thread as soon as we have some more details to give.

I hope this clears it up. If you have some more questions, ask here and I will do my best to answer them.

~Opalium

• Winner x 10
    • Like x 3
    • Informative x 3
    • Friendly x 2
    • Confusing x 1
  2. tz-

tz- feelin it VIP Emerald

dude why dont you just fix them??? like honestly youre the fucking owner do something

• Winner x 11
    • Funny x 9
    • Dumb x 4
    • Agree x 2
    • Confusing x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
  3. Pacifist

Pacifist Cynically Insane VIP Bronze

Have you tried turning it off and then back on?

• Winner Winner x 7
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Opalium

I can't find the "stop crashes" switch, it's too dark in our server room. The lightbulbs went out a few months ago and we can't buy new ones because we spent all our money on a golden bathtub and 1:1 scale Grimwon and Reapalium replica statues.

• Winner x 15
    • Funny x 8
    • Informative x 3
    • Like x 1
    • Dumb x 1
  5. Siddo

Siddo Banned VIP Bronze

Just delete the servers; how can they crash if they don't exist
    [​IMG]

I hope you fix 'em soon, since it's self-evident that server stability is important for server health and population.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  6. tz-

tz- feelin it VIP Emerald

understandable, but that still doesnt address the fact that the mods are still too robotic.

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  7. Scotty

Scotty Heroes come and go, but legends are forever. VIP Bronze

Why a bathtub?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Confusing Confusing x 1
  8. Siddo

Siddo Banned VIP Bronze

Obviously because they need somewhere to bathe in the tears of our community

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Opalium

Where else will I be able to swim in cash and the tears of slain TTT players?

EDIT: Wow. Siddo please.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  10. Siddo

Siddo Banned VIP Bronze

I can't snipe you in-game, but forum-side you'll never beat me :cool:

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Opalium

That was one of our initial thoughts. However, that doesn't seem like the cause.
    Ragdoll crashes usually result in a srcds crash that shows up in the logs, while none of the recent crashes do. Also, the crashes sometimes happen even when there are no ragdolls present (like right after the round starts).

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. sam.

sam. VIP

How are we to expect a lizard to operate our servers...

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Han

Han       VIP

this is what opalium is doing instead of just fixing the servers

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Agree Agree x 6
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. Cash

Cash I staff the proper way Banned VIP

(y)

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Sha

Sha VIP

:greedy:

16. Fregley

Fregley ThErE aRe StOrIeS wAiTiNg To Be MaDe VIP Silver

ttt sucks anyways

• Dumb x 4
    • Like x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • Disagree x 1
    • Old x 1
    • Bad Spelling x 1
  17. NeverGhostin

NeverGhostin Mod to remember VIP

SGMers is about as bad as Jake Paulers, How about "Hey tryhards, backseat moderators, and people who get banned for 100% good reason but appeal because they think that'll actually work" XD

Wild guess but I bet the server crashes because people who have bad ping try to connect to the server and the server has to send info to them with a weak link and gets overwhelmed with sending info to said person and just gives up with everything.
    99.9% that's not how it works, that's impossible, or just straight up wrong.

• Confusing Confusing x 5
  18. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

I'm here just for a place to meme, I got bored of TTT, some changes need to be made to suck people back in or a new server launch, otherwise the community will die eventually, the thing is though it could take years to "die" if you define death as 0 users. But if you feel like the community isn't fun, leave, no reason to be toxic to those still trying to enjoy it? Do you mock someone who visits a dying relative because "it'll die eventually"? Of course not, (inb4 stupid ass jokes) you just let them do their own thing. Grow the fuck up haters

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Friendly Friendly x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

Is there a public facepunch thread that we can read @Opalium

• Agree Agree x 1