The Corona-virus and its Fuckening

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by Irish, Mar 13, 2020.

1. STONEY

STONEY I AM FIRE, I AM DEATH. VIP

Been having to wear a mask all day at work, we've limited how many people can be in the building at one time, my mom has taken a leave from work for a month, my girlfriends parents have separated, I've been playing a fuckton of Animal Crossing to help escape all the stress (it actually helps), Disney just laid off 40,000 employees from their theme parks, rumors saying the virus can stick around till 2022.

Welcome to to the worst year of the decade, century, millennium, and possibly in history depending how you look at it.

2. My Dime Is Up

My Dime Is Up Its my dime to code VIP

I'll just paste what I posted on another forum

As of right now, I can say that there are definitely places that have overreacted and places that have underreacted like governor of Georgia is just an idiot. If you didn't hear about that, around April 2nd he made an announcement saying it "came to his attention" that COVID is highly transmittable, and is asymptomatic. As if the documentation from the CDC from even early February wasn't enough. So there are 2 ends here, the really dumb of underreacting and the really extreme of overreacting. There needs to be a middle ground.

As per what I THINK we should and shouldn't be doing. It's not really my place. I'm not a medical professional. I'm an aspiring pilot. Along with that, even my mom, who is a Nurse, has agreed partly that it may not even be her place. She isn't an advisor or a person with direct access to raw data, who is analyzing this on a daily basis. What she gets is snippets from friends and news that has played whisper down the lane God knows how many times. That doesn't mean to blindly follow political leaders who are directly advised to by these medical professionals (Refer to Georgia or New York/MI/PA), but take what they say with some advice. Just social distance, it isn't that hard and it'll make everyone you're around comfortable. Wash your hands, and just limit contact for now. For many they are suffering, but we have people out there donating money and the Gov. adding the stimulus bill.

And for me to blindly say "its like the seasonal flu. It'll come back". Not my place, I'm not directly advised to nor a professional. I'm not going to say it is or isn't. I'll wait to hear from multiple sources on their results, who spend their entire weeks, months on COVID, and years in that field.

https://www.pilotsofamerica.com/com...might-last-to-2022.125464/page-2#post-2904720
    As per this, I'll say it that I am Catholic but to support an argument with Gospel passages is bad. Its something I learned in Debate club and from multiple English teachers. Someone can just come out and say "well I don't believe in the Catholic Church/Christian faith" and boom, those arguments are gone; you no longer have a basis.

Anyway, those are my thoughts. A long post but what else do I have to do while self-isolating :p

Pete

3. Jabba the Slut

Jabba the Slut That's Kinky! Lead Admin VIP Silver

Apparently there are toe rashes (COVID Toes) that are appearing in corona cases among younger patients.

This is very unsettling for me because I had the exact same rash a few weeks ago. I ignored it. It's almost gone away now except for some tenderness in a few new areas. I dunno if this means I need to get tested for it or not.

The community is weighted towards younger members (teens to 20s), keep an eye on your toes. I didn't even know about this until the video caught my eye on the YouTube homepage for obvious reasons.

• Informative Informative x 2
  4. Twitch.youtube.com.ttv/AAAAAAA911

Twitch.youtube.com.ttv/AAAAAAA911 Now you just somebody that I used to know VIP Silver

Idaho is a literally shitshow. 100 people went to kliener park [will post google maps place later], tore down the caution tape of the playground, and started making a protest on the play equipment. A few people got arrested, including one of my friends mom [he was over at his dads during this]. The worst part about this being, there were karens holding their babys in the middle of 100 people in a FUCKING PROTEST TO STOP THIS SHIT. At this rate stay at home shit never gonna stop. :[

5. Frost

Frost Frosted Pun King VIP

To be honest, before there was a lot of information about COVID, I was struck down with a flu for a solid week or two. Worked thru some of it like an idiot. But they have been predicting that corona was in Florida sooner than we thought because of the Super Bowl (people from out of country here as well) and there's popular malls I do work in. Wondering if I got it from there, or it was jus a bad flu.

Who knows, there's a percentage of young people who carry the virus, and never show any symptoms at all.

Crazy.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2020
  6. Irish

Irish SGMs Residential Frog-min VIP

wow for real this thread took off, tbh by now i assumed all this would be over but i was just lying to myself lmao, my schools still closed and obviously is gonna stay that way, i’m falling behind on everything, online classes don’t work and we can’t learn stuff on our own i mean i speak for everyone who’s currently complaining, whilst the irish government are doing all they can, this still feels like there isn’t enough, some people are still being idiots and ignoring all regulations that are in place and it’s annoying smh, i hope this ends soon though

EDIT: rn ireland has 16 thousand cases and and about 730 deaths.

• Informative Informative x 2
  7. Santa Claus

Santa Claus Best Member VIP Bronze

Fuck still no quarantine

8. Vent Xekart

Vent Xekart VIP Bronze

9. Indy226

Indy226 Banned VIP Silver

:Update: In Minnesota the rate has gone down and everyone is starting to resist Tim Walz ( the gov'na ). My CIT session at a boy scout camp are still on.

10. Dodley27

Dodley27 Dolfin VIP Bronze

We are returning to school on Tuesday

• Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Vent Xekart

Vent Xekart VIP Bronze

That's my last day of this semester of community college.

12. My Dime Is Up

Last day of school is on May 22. I haven’t gone to school since March 11, with online classes startin on the 13 of March. Lost like one day of school that’s it.

I wonder how they will get their textbooks back and if we will be able to get stuff from our locked (if we had stuff there). Sucks that I never got to finish my junior year of crew with my friends. Really sucks for the seniors who not only missed their last crew season, but also kairos and maybe even graduation. I can say that my GPA went up a lot this semester and that my sat will most likely be really good since I’m taking it in September but the seniors of this year lost so much more than wait I gained and that is what is important to realize.

13. Vent Xekart

Vent Xekart VIP Bronze

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  14. My Dime Is Up

Its from the independent tho. I'd like to see other sources. They were also the ones who wrote that manspreading while running is a new problem. https://www.independent.co.uk/life-...tancing-jogging-men-coronavirus-a9491926.html

But yes, this is a real story since I've read up on it on other sources. Just the Independent is full of tards.

• Informative Informative x 1
  15. Vent Xekart

Vent Xekart VIP Bronze

True, but my other choices for sources at the time were The Washington Post and/or Business Insider.

OT:
    Trump has been taking Hydroxychloriquine for some time now.

I would like to point out that the FDA posted a warning about using it for COVID-19. Especially after a study linked it to a number of deaths and poisonings.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. Vent Xekart

Vent Xekart VIP Bronze

17. Twitch.youtube.com.ttv/AAAAAAA911

Twitch.youtube.com.ttv/AAAAAAA911 Now you just somebody that I used to know VIP Silver

Jeez it's been too long since this thread has been used. Still getting ass fucked by covid

18. Moleman

Moleman Dr Pepper Enthusiast VIP

We gave up
    I want my job back :(

19. Lady Cloudia

Lady Cloudia VIP Silver

This virus wasn't kind to me that's for sure.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. ChiefQueef

ChiefQueef Banned

Just don't go outside lol

• Agree Agree x 1