The Corona-virus and its Fuckening

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by Irish, Mar 13, 2020.

1. Irish

Irish SGMs Residential Frog-min VIP

Hey guys, Irish here.
    I'm currently 69 slides through my 103 slides of genetic crosses biology notes, so I decided to take a break and it made me think. I know nobody asked but fuck it I don't care. How has the Corona-virus affected you if it has at all? Currently I'm off school and I'm doubting that I'll be back before Easter, This concerns me as I'm in my second last year and have important course work to cover for the final set of exams we have here in Ireland if I want to get into the college courses I'm looking into... I'm also afraid to leave my house, I had planned to visit my grandparents before St. Patrick's' day even though the parades and celebrations have been canceled but I don't think I will as I'd be afraid to bring anything into contact with them that could potentially be harmful.
    So yeah.. Let me know if you want, or don't :)!
    And to everyone out there reading this, where ever you are, Stay Safe!

-Irish

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  2. Coinston

Coinston "But what if Robots" - Chris Wedge VIP

Today our governor closed all schools here for 2 weeks so it aint bad but it's dumb cause so few people have it here and everyone is freaking out

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Noctorious

Noctorious Your Best Nightmare VIP Emerald

My school is considering extending spring break an extra week. My job has a plan in place where if there are over a certain number of cases in the area the majority of staff will switch to working remotely. The city next to mine has banned gatherings of over 500 people

4. RhazhBash

RhazhBash Professional Button Presser VIP

The panic is doing more damage than the virus itself at this point.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  5. danstorm

danstorm Caaaaaaaarl, that kills people! Moderator VIP

I hate this Corona Virus, but more because of the panic it spreads rather the damage it caused (because it isn't nearly as deadly as other viruses we've experienced the past few years).
    I'm off school, but when I return I will be quarantined in my hostel for two weeks, because of Slovaks being so scared of it, but they are probably the least infected country in the region.
    That is what pissed me off.

• Dumb Dumb x 2
  6. Dodley27

Dodley27 Dolfin VIP Bronze

School has been cancelled for everyone all across israel for the next few weeks

7. My university gave us an extra week of spring break, and all classes are to be moved online.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. LouisTheFox1997

LouisTheFox1997 New Member

Honestly this fucking virus is fucking a lot of things up. Alright where I live in New Jersey, people are stocking up on supplies and my mother today told me when she went to the store they had so many employees on guard to make sure nobody went violent or fought over products.

Not to mention one of my favorite actors Tom Hanks has it too along with his wife. I hope to god he doesn't die since he pretty much made my childhood for voicing Woody in Toy Story, and also being amazing at playing Forrest Gump.

I only dread when more important people like Queen Elizabeth II of Britain gets it. I mean it just goes to show that this virus doesn't discriminate anyone and that it will infect anyone regardless if your rich, poor, middle class, etc.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. LouisTheFox1997

And to make it worst for us Americans, due to our shitty healthcare and insurance companies being assholes were going to see a lot of people getting screwed over financially by this pandemic and by many I mean millions of Americans. Here in America most people cannot even afford to take many sick days otherwise they get fired from their job and when that happens you'll be close to becoming homeless when you can't pay the bills.

Simply put due to my nation's stupidity, it going to result in a clusterfuck of problems.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Frost

Frost Frosted Pun King VIP

Just watching the chaos while I've already been taking said precautions, and chillin n workin
    20200313_133547.jpg

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  11. LouisTheFox1997

I legit wonder what it going to be like 6 months from now.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Frost

Just like any pandemic, things will go back to normal, and damages will be fixed up. We've seen it before, it's not like it's a mass extinction, we good

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Pacifist

Pacifist Cynically Insane VIP Bronze

All my classes have been pushed to online. My girlfriend is off school for the next month. All and all? Coronavirus gives me the opportunity to go home and spend time with loved ones so i'm not complaining at all.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. LouisTheFox1997

Well yeah this virus is not going to wipe humanity out of existence. I mean we humans been through many disease outbreaks before and yet were still here. Hell we even wiped out some diseases like smallpox (Fun fact the person in human history to be infected and recover from smallpox was a guy in Somalia in 1977. Since then smallpox basically became extinct). So in other words humanity isn't going anywhere.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Rozboon

Rozboon Forgive and Forget, or just forget. VIP

It forced me to buy a bidet because some fucking retards are hoarding all the toilet paper and I was tired of waddling over to my bathtub to wash it that way.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Dumb Dumb x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. Noctorious

Noctorious Your Best Nightmare VIP Emerald

Fortunately, my girlfriend's job has guaranteed that if you have a sick note you will not be fired no matter how many days missed. My job is considering increasing the amount of negative PTO we can accrue (paid time off that is made up for over time) to up to 2 weeks (80 hours) and beyond that we qualify for company paid short term disability after 2 weeks. I am in America btw. Finding a company that gives 2 shits about its employees is hard but goddamn is it worth it

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  17. Wolfy53

Wolfy53 VIP

Every store in my town is out of TP, hand sanitizer, and anti bacterial soap. Back in January when this thing first started i stocked up on beef jerky, canned stuff, and water bottles. I live in an area that has some confirmed cases and have not left the house in 8 days. I work from home so it doesn't really affect me too much. I am anxious about when i have to actually leave my house to get more food though. That shouldn't be for at least 2 more weeks hopefully. The last day i was actually outside and stocking up on supplies i saw some lady push over an old person to get some toilet paper. seriously why do people have to take all the toilet paper. I am legit going to wear my Russian military surplus respirator next time i have to leave the house for anything. Good thing i stay stocked up on ammo, you never know when a riot will break out. Multiple people in California have been hospitalized over just trying to get basic household stuff while the undesirables of society wait outside to steal it from you by force. I don't live in California, but my friend who does says it is way worse than people think it is. Always prepare for the worst and hope for the best.

• Useful Useful x 1
  18. Dodley27

Dodley27 Dolfin VIP Bronze

Imagine not having toilet paper

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  19. My Dime Is Up

My Dime Is Up Its my dime to code VIP

Do you live in Philly? Governor Wolf? Just had my crew meets canceled.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Frost

Florida is forcing employers to pay employees if we can't work and have corona or if they're forced to close for a week or two.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 1