The border between RDMing

Discussion in 'TTT Discussion' started by Dead Man Laughing, Oct 2, 2013.

1. Dead Man Laughing

Dead Man Laughing Regular Member

As of recently from browsing a few posts in different forums, I've come across topics that argue whether or not this situation is RDM. At times I have been told by Mods that it is not RDM, however I have read that some people (even mods) would consider it RDM if it happened to them.

Situation:
    You are a Traitor, and no one knows this except your traitor buddies.
    A Detective or Innocent calls a KOS on another innocent for Traitorous acts (Throwing grenade, traior baiting, etc.)
    A KOS has been called on them, and people shoot at them, but you are the one to kill them because Easy Kill when they're marked for KOS right?
    Upon identifying the body, the person was innocent
    As a result, someone shoots you because you killed them and everyone discovers you were a Traitor.

Was this a legitimate reason to be killed, or were you just RDM'd?

If a person had a KOS on them for a traitorous act, it is their fault for getting themselves killed for acting that way.
    So how come people can get away with killing you when it was bluntly obvious that the Inno that got themselves killed was acting traitorous?

If someone acts traitorous and gets killed for it, then that means you can kill the person that killed them, and then you can get killed yourself, then the person that killed you can be killed. Now all the innocents have killed the other innocents because one inno was acting traitorous.

So if a Traitor kills an inno that has been marked KOS because of a traitorous act, and then gets killed because of it, was he just RDM'd or not?

I'd like to hear people's opinions on the matter

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. DieKasta

DieKasta :Blackalien: Forever VIP

No, he was not RDMed. Regardless of KOS or not, if you kill someone who is innocent you can be killed because killing in innocent is about as traitorous as it gets. It's your job as the T to point out who called the KOS and divert the blame off yourself and on to that person.

3. Snak

Snak Banned

not to mention the traitors that like calling false Kos's, with your logic kingtest, Id beable to call out all the innocents and you could kill them all without punishment. Obviously this is not true

4. Dead Man Laughing

But if innocents knew that the person was a t-baiter or they saw that person kill an innocent and you kill them because of that as a T, killing them was a legitimate reason because they acted traitorously.
    How can you claim it's not rdm when the innocent who acted traitorously had the right to be killed?

It's a loophole in the system.

I'm not saying that you can just yell out that an inno was t baiting you and then kill them when no one saw.
    I'm saying hard evidence that an inno acted traitorously and other people saw and a T killed them because of it, then someone can kill them without risking rdm?

This completely defeats the purpose of innocents taking responsibility for traitorous acts.

5. DieKasta

It depends if you play it off the right way. They would have every right to kill you though regardless of the innocent RDMing. When i'm a T and this situation arises I just get an innocent to kill the guy so I don't risk getting killed.

6. Dead Man Laughing

So the basic assumption would be that if someone was t-baiting or acting traitorously as an innocent, the smart thing to do would be to just let the inno's handle it in the case that they kill eachother over it.

Good talk.

7. Angelx

Angelx Always Innocent VIP

Kasta(innocent) goomba stumped a detective by accident, I killed him by throwing a harpoon(I was inno), I got shot by 2 innos, hell broke loose after that, like 10 innos killed each other. :twisted:

8. DieKasta

Was this in the basement of 67th by any chance?

9. DocFox

DocFox The Best Is Yet To Come VIP Silver Emerald

So here is my input, because I just went through this. It's RDM if you kill an inno that killed an inno who had a KOS on him. The person who called the KOS is the person that should be killed; not the inno that followed through with the KOS. It's in the rules that calling a KOS on inno is traitorous and even though so is killing an inno, the person who called the KOS is the person who got them killed. So, proof if they're a T or not, the person who called the KOS on that person should then be killed; that's what the rule states.

-Mango

10. Skyrossm

Skyrossm Ideal Female Moderator? VIP Emerald Bronze

Last night I got a RDM report because of this problem. I agree the person that called the KOS should be the person getting killed, but since the person did kill and innocent, it is not RDM to kill them.

• Like Like x 2
  11. DocFox

Either way, I would like some input from one of the admins on the subject.

12. Dead Man Laughing

I'm not an admin or a mod, but here's how I see the problem.

If someone is T-baiting or Acting traitorous as an innocent, then them getting killed is on themselves.
    There is no reason at all why a Traitor should be KOS'd for killing an innocent with a LEGITIMTE KOS on them, why?
    Because if you were to just completely ignore an innocent for T-Baiting or acting traitorous, then that completely defeats the purpose of having rules.

As long as the KOS is legit, then it shouldn't matter if another Inno or a Traitor kills that person. If you kill the Inno or Traitor that kills the KOS'd guy, it should be RDM. They were only enforcing rules.

By saying that a traitor or innocent can be KOS'd for killing a person with that KOS on them, you might as well just throw the rulebook out the window.

13. DocFox

KingTest is right. The person that should be killed is not the person who carried out the kos, but rather the person who called it; just as it states in the rules. If I catch this happening while I'm on, the rule will be enforced; especially if the innocent had a legit KOS and someone killed the guy who carried it out, rather than the guy who called it.

14. DieKasta

I will still be killing people for killing KOSed innocents if they have been acting suspicious beforehand. It is within the rules

15. DocFox

Actually Kasta, that would be RDM because you killed on suspicion and no proof. If you were an inno and killed an in no that killed a kos'd in no, then by your logic, some in no could kill you, and then one could kill them and it would be a chain until the traitors won due to mass rdm by all the innos. Nowhere in the rules does it state that killing an in no is z traitorous act. Now, if someone called a kos on an inno and that in no was doing something traitorous it's not RDM. However, if the inno was not doing anything traitorous and a fellow inno called kos, then that is RDM. That is why you kill the person who called the KOS and not let a chain rdm happen.

-MangoTango

16. DocFox

Sorry for the separate "in no" I'm doing this from my phone and that's what the autocorrect changes it to; can't use government computers for things like this lol.

17. DieKasta

It is within the rules to kill someone who killed an innocent. Chain RDM happens. Gotta be smart enough to not let it happen when your an inno, and try to make it happen as a T.

18. DocFox

Then the rule system would be broken if everyone interpreted that way. You can't kill someone for carrying out a KOS. Less chain RDMs would happen if so many people played the way the rules state. Regardless, I would like to see what the Admins and Highwon say on the subject.

19. Dead Man Laughing

I'll be posting this situation in this forum because it's a perfect example of borderline RDMing, yet according to an Admin, the rules state that it wasn't.

Mattheiu was a traitor that was already called out for a KOS.
    Me and another inno found Mattheiu and he started shooting at the two of us.
    We shot back at Mattheiu and the other inno was killed by him, and before I could finish Mattheiu off, another inno shot me in the back with a shotgun.

In my defense, I feel as if I was RDM'd because another innocent shot me while I was attempting to kill a Traitor.
    According to the Admin, the rules state that because I was shooting at someone, I am KOSable.

Instead of assessing the situation and seeing that it was someone who had a KOS on them that we were shooting, the inno shot first and asked questions later.

What annoys me is that the rule that was stated was "Shooting another terrorist", but the Inno that shot me claimed it was from "Not IDing a body"
    As if there is time to ID a corpse in the middle of a fire fight with a traitor...

Was I RDM'd?

20. DocFox

Unfortunately on that one, King, if they guy walked in and didn't pay attention to look at the name of the traitor who shot at you, it wouldn't be RDM. That is a case that I would call bad luck.

As for innos with KOS called on them for doing something traitorous, the person who called the KOS should then be killed; lately that has been the served wide agreement which I have seen. As a mod, I want everyones playtime to be enjoyable, so I would slay the person who decided that they'd just RDM someone because they killed an inno who had a KOS on them; them acting suspicious is not enough reason to kill them.

Now if it were an inno that called a KOS on an in no with no proof then that person would be slain.

Killing an in no who did something traitorous is not a reason to kill someone. Saying that "chain rdm" happens for that specific reason should never be a staff member's excuse, as we are held to a higher standard.