The best ride I could ask for

Discussion in 'Farewells' started by Koba, Jan 8, 2017.

1. Koba

Koba Give your all VIP Emerald

Hey everyone. As you al probably already know, I will no longer be able to perform my moderation duties, so this is my formal resignation from the staff team. Before I get into the real farewell, this has nothing with me disliking the community or even Garry's Mod. I still love Garry's Mod, but unfortunately, like pretty much everyone else, real life pays the price, and well, it got me apparently. Exams are right around the corner for me, and I simply can't afford to give that time to Garry's Mod, and I also can't be taking up a moderator slot if I can't meet the requirements. So that is why I am leaving to begin with.

In August, when I got back from my summer home, I planned on making another run at becoming a moderator again. I actually laid out a plan in fact, that I would manage hours with other real life things, such as school and cross country. So, I got back on the servers and started my journey to become a mod again. Everything was going well, until Lemon came to me and asked me if I would like to be a mod on his team, and I was pretty shocked by this being so soon. So that is where the road began, and I can't thank @Lemon enough for giving me another chance, and being the best leader I ever knew in this community.

But after a few months, I started to know hours dropping, my interest losing in Garry's Mod, and even grades dropping. I knew that this had to be the end of the road, and I couldn't do 20+ hours every 2 weeks anymore. So that leads to the present, which is where the road ends. I'll probably be back when I find a time that fits my real life stuff, wo this isn't a permanent goodbye. Now that that is all done, I will tag a few of the people that made my journey the best journey I've ever had here.

@Lightning Only team member I was with for my entire time here as staff. I know we didn't talk or play much, but I do know you were a good guy to work with
    @CDriscoll By far you were the person that guided me in the tough scenarios. This may only have been a few times, but I can't thank you enough.
    @Ragman, @Opalium, @Thistle, and all others: Thanks for the training during my trial phase. I wouldn't have been a mod in the first place if it weren't for you guys
    @Highwon Thanks for the second home, and an awesome community of people
    @ryan4win My second admin, and the friendliest guy I know
    @Lemon I know this is like the third time, but thanks for being a great leader and giving me another chance. You may not talk that much, but it's ok though.
    @Butterback @Jigat #Wincredibles

Thanks again everyone, I couldn't have asked for a better community to chill in,
    Koba out :)

• Friendly Friendly x 20
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Sith Master

Sith Master An individual may die, but the Sith are eternal Banned Gold VIP Emerald

I appreciate your dedication to this community Koba! Best of luck with your future!

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  3. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    It was fun to play with you. I hope to see you in the servers again soon!

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  4. Lightning

Lightning Bringing the Thunder VIP

From the SourSquad to the Wincredibles. You were always a chill dude and was great to have on the team. I wish you luck on your exams and hope to see you return someday.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  5. Agent A

Agent A Veni, vidi, vici VIP Silver Emerald

Another bite the bullet. Anyways, it's a shame that I never got the pleasure to meet you or interact with you in any way, but thank you for everything you have done. Good luck with your future endeavors.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. Lemon

Lemon ideal male moderator VIP Silver

Thank you for sticking around for as long as you did. I appreciate the fact that you asked questions when you were unsure, always trying to gain knowledge and be the best moderator you could be. Take care.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  7. ryan4win

ryan4win I was supposed to do great things Banned VIP+ Silver

Good mod, great mod actually. If there was an example of what a great staff member looked like it was you.

When I first inherited you from Lemon I knew you were something special. You had 40+ hours, you knew the rules, you knew how to handle a server, and you were by far one of the friendliest people I knew.

As time went on, staffing became harder for you and I felt so bad for you. A great moderator with tons if appreciation for the community didn't deserve to have such a hard time trying to find time to play on the server.

A week ago, when you told me you were planning on resignation my heart sank, an original Wincredible (You came up with the name :) ), (or Team4Win, or 4 Winners, or Winfinity, you get the point.) was going to have to leave me soon and I wasn't ready for the harsh reality.

Today I came to you and you told me the decision was final, and I thank you for keeping me in touch with your problems and whatnot. And now that it is all done and over with, just know, that I will always have some positive reinforcement waiting for you when you decide to come back.

[​IMG]

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Skyrossm

Skyrossm Ideal Female Moderator? VIP Emerald Bronze

:eek: Koba I never really got to play with you other than at the staff picnic but I hope to see you around still to get to know you more :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. Walker

Walker Hell yeah VIP

Farewell! Good luck on your exams!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. Mr. Disco

Mr. Disco Jeff Lynne is a musical genius. VIP

Dude no. :( I played with you a bit when you were mod. Great mod & person.

Thanks for your service to this community! :love:

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. Acnologia

Acnologia modern desperado VIP Silver

I've played with you numerous times, and I have to say, you were a great mod.
    Farewell, Koba.

12. LegitCake

LegitCake Loyalty Banned VIP

It's really too bad you couldn't stick around as long as you were hoping.
    I wish you luck for any IRL priorities you need to attend to, see you around!

13. Ragman

Ragman hool-moh-goh-bow-bigga-bogga-walnum-bodgish-misjoo Banned VIP+

Best of luck with everything you do! We had good fun when we trained together. Take care Koba! :love:

14. Zack

Zack Shepherd of Fire VIP

Dang Koba. I really enjoyed staffing with you the few times we got to! Have fun doing you out there buddy.

15. Igneus

Igneus VIP Silver

Wow I never saw this coming bro. Never really got to meet you in-game but your contribution to this community has been outstanding.
    Good luck with whatever you do in the future:)

16. Togo ✿

Togo ✿ Nobody Gets it VIP Silver

rip dude

17. Steve Mason

Steve Mason Honesty. Banned Gold VIP

I remember staffing together when we were both mods memeing in admin chat while doing a great job at staffing. It was the only time we talked but that time together was really fun. It's a shame we didn't staff/talk often as you were really a great guy. School is tough but ultimately that's the number one priority.

I wish you the best Koba with everything and drop by whenever possible. Take care my man.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  18. Pacifist

Pacifist Cynically Insane VIP Bronze

Rip.

Seeya later alligator.

(also, i know you didn't tag me but it's ok, we haven't spoken in awhile but ur still cool so)