The amount of staff SGM has is a joke

Discussion in 'TTT Discussion' started by Python~, Jun 14, 2020.

1. Python~

Python~ Young Bard VIP Silver Emerald

Only vanilla is populated at peak hours, so could someone explain to me why we need forty members of staff? It's absolutely insane. The funny shit is that, even with all these staff, Vanilla is unstaffed for the majority of the day. There's no reason for there to be this many staff, seems to be quantity > quality anyway.

Stop accepting trail mods. I understand that admins like having full teams, but there are 6 trials right now that need to be trained and even out of the 30+ staff there are, we'll still see them alone on the only populated server. Not to mention that at this point, it's a waste of time to train new staff, for everyone involved.

Lordy is supervising 8 mods. We haven't had a new admin in 2 months. What're yall thinking? lmfao

:confused:

Prepared for the triggered staff ratings

Last edited: Jun 14, 2020
    • Dumb x 12
    • Agree x 10
    • Like x 1
    • Dislike x 1
    • Disagree x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
  2. Ted

Ted The knight in white armor! Silver

Why is the promotion of a admin every so much months so important?

If quantity > Qaulity then why are there not a lot of valid reports?

Why is it a waste to train new staff right now when most of us have the time to train them extensively?

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  3. Python~

1. it's not important i was just stating a fact. the fact that nobody is worth being promoted because quantity > quality

2. a quality staff team could easily staff a server 24/7 given 40 mods, yours cannot.

3. it is a waste. just because you have time doesn't mean you arent wasting it.

• Dumb Dumb x 3
  4. Pokeben10

Pokeben10 tell me pretty lies Moderator VIP Silver

Yeah, there are definitely a lot of staff members that barely play. If you're going to be a staff member on SGM you should meet the hour requirement, and I can tell you that several people did not meet it when I was a mod. Admins should step up and tell their mods to pick it up or they're out.

• Agree Agree x 4
  5. Ted

Ted The knight in white armor! Silver

It is funny how you know more information then the admins #fact #bullshit. Maybe lordy hasn't come around to do a promotion or has multiple candidates.

If you have a lot of quality doesn't garaunteed time available. #fact.

It was a waste to let you go to school #return it is always good to learn new things. A lot of people (new staff*)now have the time and are willing to learn. We never turn down people eager to learn.

• Confusing Confusing x 3
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
  6. Python~

how you gonna compare school to learning how to use ban commands on a TTT server lmao. #whatthefuckareyoutalkingabout

nice 12 hrs a week tho

7. Emily❤

Emily❤ The strongest light is the one within VIP Silver Emerald

Apply so you can show them how its done Python

• Funny Funny x 11
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. Python~

nah boo i dont need mod power to feel complete

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
  9. Jabba the Slut

Jabba the Slut That's Kinky! Lead Admin VIP Silver

I just want to comment and say that you're wrong to say that our servers are largely unstaffed throughout the day. We have the statistics available to show you the opposite. Our servers stay staffed the majority of the time, with small gaps. I'm on mobile right now, but I can post one of these graphs for you later.

As for your quantity > quality, I'm gonna be frank and tell you to shove that comment. We have a great bunch of staff members right now.

• Winner Winner x 9
    • Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. Python~

Face the music, Jabba. Your time has come.

• Dumb x 7
    • Optimistic x 2
    • Dislike x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Confusing x 1
  11. Pacifist

Pacifist Cynically Insane VIP Bronze

I mean, I don't see why it matters. There aren't more staff than there are players, and for the most part we need them (you said yourself, there are huge stretches of the day that the servers are understaffed). I think the true issue is that staff don't spread out and staff at different times, rather, they all staff at once. :)

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. i dont hear any music and there is no mp3 file in sight! bad comment!

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Python~

There are tho

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  14. Lady Cloudia

Lady Cloudia VIP Silver

I guess getting reported over and over again doesn't give much encouragement when it comes to joining the server and actually moderating.

Petty people don't deserve to be moderated.

If you're confused about what I said I advise you to look over the staff reports written each time they actually joined to moderate the server.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Confusing Confusing x 1
  15. degolfer222

degolfer222 I finally changed my title VIP

Im not sure what youre trying to argue for here Python. "The servers are constantly understaffed! Lets fire some staff, that'll fix it!!1!"

Like, come on lmao. Terrible argument

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Confusing Confusing x 1
  16. john redcorn

john redcorn strangers like me VIP Emerald

I think he's arguing for more transparent accountability of staff members; right now it's easy to look at the server list and see "Oh, I always see 2+ staff on or no staff on, why never just one staff member on to effectively spread coverage better?"

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  17. Cash

Cash I staff the proper way Banned VIP

I mean he has a consistent argument in shoutbox of "oh sgm is going to be dead within a year why try?" and such

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. Python~

I honestly made this thread for no reason other than to point it out. Take it as you will ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  19. Voca

Voca o.o Administrator VIP

Double the Incorrect bud, Lordy is supervising 4 mods, the discretionary team is not supervised by Lordy alone (hence why there isnt any "temporarily supervised by"
    And well there has only been an admin spot open for about 2 weeks, so its understandable why there havent been a new admin for 2 months.

You havent even been back for 2 months and you already starting this, mister snake o.o

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  20. Noctorious

Noctorious Your Best Nightmare VIP Emerald

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1