Denied Telora's Appeal

Discussion in 'TTT Ban Appeals' started by Telora, Feb 2, 2021.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Telora

Telora VIP

Your In Game Nickname:
    Telora
    Your Steam ID:
    STEAM_0:0:449415386
    Which Server:
    East
    Why you should be unbanned:
    I was banned for pming Pierogi some random name was a traitor. I understand why I was banned, but the person I said was already dead that round. He couldn't have used that info even if he wanted to.​
    Evidence of Innocence:

2. j3kawesome

j3kawesome "mestimate" - Indy226 Administrator VIP Silver

@Pierogi banned you for ghosting, I gave the discression for a Global Ban

3. Python~

Python~ Young Bard VIP Silver Emerald

You also PM'd me while I was still alive trying to get me to KOS someone

[​IMG]

4. Telora

Telora VIP

That doesn't really count considering it was a joke, and for the fact I simply typed kos and never said any names or anything further.

5. Python~

Python~ Young Bard VIP Silver Emerald

"it was a joke" can literally be said about anything. Nothing about your message indicated it was a joke so why would I assume it was?

Either way it's just a bit of extra evidence

6. Telora

Telora VIP

It literal just says kos. I said no names. It literally means nothing.

7. Pierogi

Pierogi Special Properations Administrator VIP

I've seen this and am drafting a response. I am commenting to say this thread will be locked until I do so.

8. RyanHymenman

RyanHymenman Conscript the women and kids Administrator VIP Silver

Without any context, this message isnt ghosting. Its just a word

9. Pierogi

Pierogi Special Properations Administrator VIP

After consulting with @RyanHighman and @j3kawesome, I banned you for ghosting due to the fact that you made a round-influencing communication to me.

Evidence
    [​IMG]

Full context: https://streamable.com/i2a7p5

Justification
    So, let's take a look at what the extended rules have to say about ghosting:
    "Ghosting is the act of providing current-round-related, game-influencing information to an alive player, or players, through means of communications other than world or team chat."
    "False or misleading information may still be considered ghosting if it affects the round."

I can think of at least two scenarios where this could influence a round:
    Scenario 1: I am with player A, who called a KOS on frog doggo earlier. I can use this information to deduce that player A is proven for calling a valid KOS.
    1a: If player A is innocent, this has narrowed down the list of suspects, influencing the round.
    1b: If player A is traitor, this has caused me to let my guard down and potentially get killed by player A at some point, influencing the round.​

Scenario 2: I take the information at face value. I then spend the rest of the round on a wild goose chase trying to find this mythical gauss-wielding entity. This also influences the round.
    The actions you took meet the criteria for ghosting, although it's certainly a more minor offense.

Additional Factors
    This is indeed a minor ghosting offense. If this was a first offense, I could see you getting a reduced ban, or maybe even a stern chit chat. However, this is your third ghosting offense in three months (and your second one in two weeks!). You also knew that what you did was wrong:
    upload_2021-2-2_23-15-27.png
    You've admitted to trying to get yourself banned at various points over the past few weeks, being incredibly toxic on the server in various ways. You knew you were playing with fire, and the consequence was exactly what you expected.

Thank you for flying Pierogi Airlines, appeal denied.

10. RyanHymenman

RyanHymenman Conscript the women and kids Administrator VIP Silver

I will also say that before looking at your bans, I initially said to just warn you. But given the fact that you currently have another active ghosting ban, and this is your 3rd offense, I told him to go ahead with the ban.

Just thought I'd throw in some context behind what I was thinking when I gave the green light (y)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.