Team Deathmatch should have 3 teams

Discussion in 'Fun Rounds' started by Aquast, Mar 1, 2021.

1. Aquast

Aquast lordy was here :barefoot: VIP Bronze

Title. Before the skins and shirts update it used to be a lot of fun. Now it's just a clusterfuck cus it only has 2 teams

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 4
  2. wubby

wubby balls Administrator VIP Bronze

What would the 3rd team be called?

3. Orion

Orion He is Exalted Administrator VIP

Shirts vs Skins is funny but it's not the same because it's always 2 teams, true. It would be cool if it was two/three teams of skins we already have on the server, or just new skins that are exclusive to it.

Just imagine, Darth Vaders vs. Wolverines vs. Moxxis. +1

4. Aquast

Just go back to using colors but instead of red, green & blue use more colorblind-friendly colors.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. dazza

dazza Banned VIP Bronze

having just 3 colours doesnt solve the problem, thats not how colour blind works , there are many different forms of colour blindness so no amtter what you change the colours to there will be someone who struggles, i like the idea we currently have but the shirts and skins models just do NOT stand out enough its so hard to tell especially at range who is/isnt an enemy we just need better models but i dont see why we cant make it 3 teams again although i believe that the old bug where someone would be unassigned a team and therefor was able to kill/be killed by anyone on any team since its down to 2 teams

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. waffle

waffle VIP

Flesh

7. Aquast

99% of all colorblind people suffer from red-green colorblindness. Using different colors would definitely solve the problem for the most part, we'd just need to be using something else than red/green.

8. waffle

waffle VIP

If you really think colorblindess is a huge issue (which it can be) You could just set up an indicator like above the head or something orion also has a good idea with identifiable playermodels

9. Indy226

Indy226 Banned VIP Silver

uh, it was changed for one type of colorblindness...

10. danstorm

danstorm Caaaaaaaarl, that kills people! Moderator VIP

The biggest issue used to be that there was green and red team, most colorblind people mix those two colors. Because of shading, whenever green was in a dark area I thought it was red as an e.g.
    I have long suggested just to replace green with white or black, or red with pink (not purple!).

11. Indy226

Indy226 Banned VIP Silver

we could add a third skin of some kind, like another based gmod player model

12. RyanHymenman

RyanHymenman Conscript the women and kids Administrator VIP Silver

Shirts skins and detectives?

• Like Like x 1
  13. Yellow

Yellow VIP

haha white and black racism quotes go brrrr

14. Titan

Titan SGM's official music nerd Administrator VIP Bronze

Why don't you just hide names for enemies so you know who to shoot at and who is friendly? Secondly, I think just changing it to three models would be perfectly fine.

But all this is moot, because Coinston had a great idea in the last thread, which was to add a customizer (in the point shop I suppose) so you can choose what colors the three teams are to best suit you and your ability to discern different colors, and in order to limit confusion caused by client side colors, add numbers over the heads of players according to their team (Team 1, 2, 3).

I thought this was the best solution, I still think this is the best solution, if someone else can pick it apart and find a problem go ahead but I thought this was great.

• Like Like x 1
  15. RyanHymenman

RyanHymenman Conscript the women and kids Administrator VIP Silver

The customizer will always be the best outcome. This would, however, involve changing the base code of team DM, and possibly a total rewrite. The colors were different player models, they weren’t generated client side. In order to do this we would have to make the models all be the same and then have colors generate in each individual client (not to mention trying to find a way to do this). We would then probably hook this into a setting under the f1 menu, rather than the point shop menu. So while this would be the best outcome, it might not be the best solution due to the difficulty of implementation

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. Robyn

Robyn Floof Moderator VIP Silver

Shirts, Skins, and Skeletons?

17. Jabba the Slut

Jabba the Slut That's Kinky! Lead Admin VIP Silver

I don't think it'll be that hard, just like the Tron skin for example or any other Rank weapon. Instead of pulling your rank value to apply to the model it pulls your TDM Color Setting values to apply to the models.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Jabba the Slut

Jabba the Slut That's Kinky! Lead Admin VIP Silver

I'll talk to Highwon about this idea. I'd suggest team names Alpha, Bravo, and Charlie.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1