Accepted Team deathmatch colors

Discussion in 'Fun Rounds' started by Yellow, Nov 15, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yellow

Yellow VIP

Can we please change the team deathmatch colors from green, red and blue to something like white, red and blue. Because some people (like me) are red-green colorblind and have to waste half their ammo on their teammates to check if they actually aren't red instead of green. On lighter maps I normally don't have a problem with red/green but on darker maps it's quite hard to see.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  2. Lunar

Lunar 8:00PM VIP Silver

The cum team

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Jabba the Slut

Jabba the Slut That's Kinky! Lead Admin VIP Silver

We could switch to Shirts and Skins.

• Agree x 5
    • Funny x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Creative x 1
  4. Makoto

Makoto VIP

Black team against white team :oops:

(pls don't take it seriously)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Yellow

Yellow VIP

That would be even better.

6. food

food VIP

Is cutting it down to two teams (just red and blue) a bad idea?

7. Coinston

Coinston "But what if Robots" - Chris Wedge VIP

@Jabba the Slut do you know if it's possible to have custom settings where you get a roster of colors that you can choose for team 1, 2, 3?

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. Lovisa

Lovisa His queen :3 VIP

+1 for only two teams, also why is that your font :vulcan:

9. food

food VIP

Because THIS:
    :3

Looks better than THIS:
    :3

• Like Like x 1
  10. Jabba the Slut

So if we are to tackle this issue, we'd prefer a singular suggestion that would work for everyone across the board, regardless of their colorblind type. Is there a color set that would work for this?

11. Could we add symbols above the player's heads almost like hats? Circle, Triangle, etc.

Might change gameplay slightly, but would be a clear visual indicator of which team you're on. And since you can't hide/camp I don't think it would give too much away from increasing the visual size of the player.

12. Chad

Chad Banned VIP

Set everyone to traitor instead of innocent. would show traitor icon above everyone's head and is easier to code.

Edit: Didn't look at context of thread.
    Just make custom roles for each specific team, add code for what ever adds traitor icon above traitor head to those custom roles with custom icon. Remove the functionality that only shows traitor icon to other traitors and instead shows to everyone in the context of only those roles.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2020
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. Yellow

Yellow VIP

The most common color blindness is red/green and blue/yellow

I think black & white + a 3rd color would be the best

But this might cause some (un)intentional racism if you say things like 'white team is the best team' 'kill all the black people'

because everyone sees color differently it would be much better to add something that isn't color related and add something to the skin/player.

another option is changing team names to like team 1, 2 and 3 and make you able to choose from a couple of colors. (by coinston)

and if the options above are both to hard to code changing it into 2 teams and making them red/blue could also work. (by food)

Btw, there will always be someone for who it's hard to see colors in every possible color set you can think of. This is why having a roster of colors you can choose from would be the best

Last edited: Dec 9, 2020
  14. Titan

Titan SGM's official music nerd Administrator VIP Bronze

I think this is the best idea. Team 1, 2, & 3 with a changing color option entirely negates a color blindness issue, and a numerical team name completely eliminates the color confusion accompanied by having client side colors. Good job @Coinston

15. Twitch.youtube.com.ttv/AAAAAAA911

Twitch.youtube.com.ttv/AAAAAAA911 Now you just somebody that I used to know VIP Silver

There's also a known bug where if you connect to the server during this fun round you have no team and no color. Really fun to play basically juggernaut.

16. j3kawesome

j3kawesome "mestimate" - Indy226 Administrator VIP Silver

+1 for this idea because it will be beneficial for players who are colorblind to make their experience on the servers better

17. Jabba the Slut

So I wanted to include this in the Christmas Event, however we didn't find a great solution. We would rather do this suggestion right rather than doing it poorly, so we hope to have it implemented sometime in the future.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Indy226

Indy226 Banned VIP Silver

Some games support colorblind people, not sure if gmod does tho since it's so old

19. I have a suggestion
    Try to see red and blue

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  20. Yellow

Yellow VIP

I can it's just hard to distinguish red with green

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.