Tazer Usage

Discussion in 'TTT Discussion' started by Enemy "Rule Bot" Below, Jul 26, 2018.

1. Ted

Ted The knight in white armor! Silver

If you kill as soon as you are able to it is still considered self defense as you were not able to defend yourself during the time that you were tazed and the attack takes as long as you are tazed as it is a side effect of the attack. But when the D walks away and it forces you to search for him it is no longer considered self defense. as he is not attacking you anymore.

2. Lordyhgm

Lordyhgm Spiteful smells Lead Admin VIP

however shooting at or near a player is a kosable act particularly if it causes damage.. therefore you could argue that they are kosed and the time is irrelevant. Ofc if theyre a det you can't argue that since they can't commit a t act or be kosed for it, but anyone else..?

3. Doctor Smurfenstein

Doctor Smurfenstein Active member Banned VIP

Well yes, you're right, but that's a whole different situation. There is no time limit to speak of after being dmged by another player, exactly because they are not a detective.

4. Santa Claus

Santa Claus Best Member VIP Bronze

if the detective damages you, fuckin kill him and take his dna scanner.

everybody wins!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Carl

Carl Kachow! VIP

Yeah I know I’m mod silly

• Confusing x 3
    • Optimistic x 2
    • Dumb x 2
    • Disagree x 1
    • Informative x 1
  6. Jmanp

Jmanp Member

As this is still being argued about in the Shoutbox I wanted to take the time to give my reply and opinion.

Lets first talk about the rule about self defense first. The rule states that if you someone is in "IMMEDIATE" danger they may kill the player attempting to kill them no matter their role. This means that if they are currently shooting you. If they are not shooting you unless you are a detective or innocent and the other player is either an innocent or traitor you cannot kill them as its not a traitor act. In this case is was Vel (an innocent) vs a Detective someone who is clearly on the good side and cannot preform traitor acts no matter the case as stated in the rules.

With Vel's case the detective tazed him once (Doing 10 damage) and then running off, after Vel got off he went after the detective and killed a innocent in crossfire. Back to the rule above not only was he not in IMMEDIATE danger like the rule says but Vel went out of his way to chase him (though not far he still did). In this case this IS WITHOUT A DOUBT RDM which means the crossfire is cancelled and it is considered RDM. Though the detective IS ALSO in the wrong and should have gotten slayed for RDM Vel didn't stay to report him instead he swore and left while having the slay causing the ban for "RDM And Leave" because he wanted to justify his RDM on the forums when he could have easily waited the round and done it anyways.

He was clearly in the wrong for this and so was the detective. Opal himself even confirmed this was the case to Pacifist. If that is not enough to convince people it is against the rules and that Vel was in the wrong I don't know what is. I don't think Vel's ban should be lifted, revoked or shortened nor do I think a rule should be added to clarify this as there already IS the rule that states it as mentioned above.

With all of that being said I DO think the tazer doing damage is kinda stupid. I think it should have the damage removed so then it would not be considered RDM if someone is tazed. If the detective is dumb enough to waste a credit just to taze someone randomly that's his fault and don't think it would cause any serious gameplay issues.

Hope this gives some insight into the situation.

• Dumb Dumb x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Old Old x 1
  7. Jmanp

Jmanp Member

@daniel Why not explain why you think my post is dumb rather then leaving a silly emote. Defend him and argue all my points, prove me wrong.

• Dumb Dumb x 5
  8. tz-

tz- feelin it VIP Emerald

• This behavior is totally uncalled for.
    you have too much fucking text shut your dumbass up

• Dumb Dumb x 5
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  9. Pacifist

Pacifist Cynically Insane VIP Bronze

Guys. Keep this civil or I will lock this thread.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  10. jshore

jshore VIP

• ... Yeah. Don't do this.
    fuck the other opinion bunch of cock suckers

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. neutral

neutral Banned VIP

Thanks, Jayshore.

Locked.

EDIT: Actually, nah. I'll just give Jayshore a break for a day. Unlocked. Lets keep it civil.

• Like x 2
    • Winner x 2
    • Confusing x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    • Creative x 1
    • Dumb x 1
  12. Rozboon

Rozboon Forgive and Forget, or just forget. VIP

Confirmed, acno tells helix what to do

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  13. Jabba the Slut

Jabba the Slut That's Kinky! Lead Admin VIP Silver

[​IMG]

If you get tazed you better sit there and take it like a man boyos. Let them get slain after the fact.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. veL

veL VIP

So this "active threat" thing:

For all I know, he could've been running away so he can get distance on me if he had a long-range weapon like an SL8 or any sniper rifle... Why does this distance thing matter? Guns shoot bullets across the map, why does it matter if he was right next to me with a shotgun or if he backed up 10 feet away to line up a headshot with his sniper rifle?? Why is the detective's distance from me even being considered? And no he wasn't behind any walls, this happened on ttt_metropolis on an open rooftop.

What if he was running away to go pick up ammo, or take cover to buy a detective weapon that he would use to kill me? What if he was reloading? Do I have to wait for him to finish reloading before I can return fire?? lmao

And everyone has this "chasing down" situation all wrong. I didn't have to literally "chase down" the detective for many minutes. Again, this occurred on metropolis so the detective never went behind a wall or wasn't visible to me. I saw him the entire time. As soon as I was finished being tazed (as soon as I had a gun in my hands again), I began returning fire in the detective's direction. This was on the construction rooftop part of the map metropolis, so there were many white poles in the way of my bullets. So I had to take TWO (2) SECONDS to run between the poles to line up my crosshair back on his body and start shooting again. How is this not a correct response to the situation?

15. Santa Claus

he was trolling you probably. but HOW DARE HIM deal 10 damage, go kill his ass!

for real if it was an inno you would've been alright. but that nigga was proven inno and just trollin with the taze. still thought you would've been in the right though, because i used to do the same thing, but with innos. @WintrPlays is the king of this. I'd damage him on accident early in the round, and like 4 minutes later he'd go "i really think youre a T panzer" and just pop me in the head lol

16. Jabba the Slut

Jabba the Slut That's Kinky! Lead Admin VIP Silver

I do stuff like that. Someone will do a pretty small T act. But nothing crazy, so I'd mark them suspect, and if I needed to kill them later I would. Favorite time was killing a guy for GBA for witnessing a guy put props in the pool on lifetheroof two minutes beforehand.

• Winner Winner x 1
  17. Santa Claus

thats GENIUS!
    [​IMG]

18. iii

iii eye-eye-eye or triple eye is fine VIP

But what about the general questions of
    "Should it be self-defense to kill a detective for tazing you immediatly after you get up from being tazed? (without the chasing)"
    "What is a good mark point after the detective has tazed you for it to not be self-defense anymore?"
    I think that is the intent of the thread.

As has been previously said along the first shoutbox discussion, if a detective attacks you(I'm not considering the tazer as that's what is being discussed, but if they shot you in general) and then starts reloading, then the reloading is still considered part of the attack and you can still shoot the detective in self-defense while they're reloading, you have to see them reloading though.

If you watch the deathscene in question as well as check the logs in the appeal you will see that even though you shot at the detective twice and the detective didn't shoot back at all, you only ever actually hit someone ~18 seconds after you were tazed and when there was no fight going on, that is not self-defense regardless.
    (Edit: Removed an "and")

Last edited: Jul 27, 2018
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1