Taser and Silencer

Discussion in 'TTT Discussion' started by ZaneLoehr (Masochist Ver.), Aug 26, 2018.

1. ZaneLoehr (Masochist Ver.)

ZaneLoehr (Masochist Ver.) Warehouse 13 Next Generation VIP

Ok, so every time I use the silencer or the taser I go into holstered mode and can't switch to any weapons, can't pick up any weapons unless i buy something from the traitor/detective menu or from the point shop...help.

EDIT: This also applies to Hex Shields

Last edited: Aug 26, 2018
  2. Han

Han       VIP

This would be better suited for the bug report forum, hope you find a fix

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. ZaneLoehr (Masochist Ver.)

It only seems to happen to me and not anyone else so I figure it's not a bug

4. The Cuddle Team Leader

The Cuddle Team Leader Banned Elite

it may be your skin. try using another one and if you don't have a skin. well idk

5. ZaneLoehr (Masochist Ver.)

Tested it with Kat skin and default skin, same situation occurs.

6. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

I believe they meant weapon skin if thats a thing. But IDK

Rebind your keys and be careful when using ttt_quickslot if so

7. ZaneLoehr (Masochist Ver.)

What's the command for the normal slots? Rebinded to "ttt_slot 8" and "ttt_slot8" and neither worked.

8. iii

iii eye-eye-eye or triple eye is fine VIP

It's just slot8, i.e. slot followed by a number from 0 to 9.
    Out of curiosity, what did you have it binded to before, if it was not on default?

While I'm not sure if it's the same bug you have, I know that ttt_quickslot breaks if you use a hexshield (is this what you meant, xpro?), and that it will also go back to working if you have a normal bind that opens the equipment menu and use that to change to weapons.

If you are using ttt_quickslot to change your weapons instantaneously, you also have the option of using F1>Settings>Fast weapon switch instead, which works the same way while still using the default binds.
    Using F1>Settings>Enable menu with fast weapon switch along with that option will allow for you to still see the equipment menu when you press a number, but without having to click to choose the weapon.
    Alternatively the command for those options are:
    - ttt_weaponswitcher_fast 1 (fast weapon switch) and
    - ttt_weaponswitcher_displayfast 1 (still show the menu).

9. ZaneLoehr (Masochist Ver.)

I was using the quickslot binds before. I changed back slot 7 and 8 to default, swapped to fast weapon switch in the menu and used the silencer, still didn't fix the problem. Will try the enable menu one next, then i'll try changing everything to default and using both again and see if that works.

EDIT: Got the hex shield to work after resetting all the number binds back to default then having both fast weapon switch and enable menu selected.

All systems are good now, this still a bug with quickslot though >.>
    Thanks for the help @iii

Last edited: Aug 27, 2018
  10. ZaneLoehr (Masochist Ver.)

New problem though, every time I restart the game it goes back to my old settings and I have to rebind them again

11. The Cuddle Team Leader

The Cuddle Team Leader Banned Elite

try doing that with options, it happens to me but with the ''say'' commands.