Answered Targeting Definition

Discussion in 'Questions & Answers' started by Enemy "Rule Bot" Below, Apr 2, 2018.

1. So, I got an awesome warning for targeting. Look at the thread linked below and give me your opinion if this constitutes targeting. A lead response would be awesome since this is discretion territory.

https://www.seriousgmod.com/threads...756-about-treefiddy-steam_0-1-37644936.47817/

Now, for my take on it. KOS was pre-round, anyone with half a brain knows not to follow it. Unknown and I have done this to each other in the past. It isn't my responsibility to deal with that KOS if someone (A T in this instance) decides to run with it.

Now for full disclosure, I'll do this to random people 1-2 times a map, and they usually do it back to me. I don't give a fuck, and these are never acted on unless a T decides to run with it.

If this is deemed targeting, can we get a clear definition instead of the standard "its discretion" crap?

2. Agent A

Agent A Veni, vidi, vici VIP Silver Emerald

Have we, administrators, treated targeting a bit different?
    Yes, we have. We treated with actual bans or harsher warnings if the situation calls for it.
    However, the current rules enables mods to treat targeting as a form of harassment (but not as its own individual thing).
    [​IMG]

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. This is listed as Answered without actually answering the question.

4. Graze

Graze Zzz... VIP Silver

To put simply; targeting is discretionary. Admins are able to handle situations like this as they see fit. A warning is the lowest form of punishment, and is exactly what is done for the first offense of harassment. Kosing pre-round can be considered targeting and harassment, and thus you getting a warning for doing so is exactly what should have occurred here as it was a moderator who issued the punishment. Agent gives a clear definition in his post, so I'll consider the question as answered now.

• Funny Funny x 1