Approved Taremz's Appeal

Discussion in 'TTT Ban Appeals' started by Taremz, May 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Taremz

Taremz Member

Your In Game Nickname
    Taremz
    Your Steam ID
    Taremz
    Which Server
    West 2
    Why Should I be Unbanned?
    I've played dozens and dozens of hours (I think I've broken a hundred recently) on your servers, and have never hacked once. I don't even know how to hack Gmod. I have only had good intentions and played fairly, just like everyone else, and I'd like to continue to do so.
    Evidence of Innocence
    I don't really know how to prove I'm innocent. I mean, I was not hacking. I know that.

The details behind the round:
    I was playing T. I'm fairly certain I was involved in only one fire-fight, and it was a long one. I had an M16, he had a rifle. I sprayed for a while because I am shit with that gun, and eventually got him, with a bunch of jumping around and panicking involved.
    At the end of the round, it was a bunch of Ts and an innocent left on the roof. I threw an incendiary grenade and I think I was the one that killed him.

Ask anyone who has ever played with me. I don't hack. I play fairly. The Seventh is one of your mods, and I would consider us friends. Ask him. He can tell you I play TTT just to have fun, not to win.

Here's a screenshot of my console from that round if it helps at all:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 3, 2015
  2. Espurr

Espurr #AlwaysStabEspurr Administrator VIP

Hello Taremz, I banned you for Hacking first offense. I have evidence. But I'm currently editing it so I can put it on youtube. I'm going to tag @La Vie because he also was a witness to this. I will respond with the video evidence when it is ready.

3. Taremz

Taremz Member

Do you happen to know what my ping was at the time? Perhaps it was high enough that it was causing video lag between us. I assure you, I am quite a shit shot.

4. paper

paper legends never die VIP Silver

Hey! As I was tagged by Espurr as a direct witness I'm gonna explain what I saw;
    After a round or two playing on West two, I noticed you were "snapping" at player's positions almost instantly after being shot at. Espurr even told me he suspected you of hacking. So Espurr asked me if I can "provoke" you to kill me so I t-baited you while you were facing the opposite direction and you turned right around and instantly killed me as if you knew where my position was as soon as I shot near you.

I wish I have recorded this myself but my gaming computer is at home and I'm on my laptop currently. Espurr said he's gathering up his evidence so you'll have to wait for him.

Last edited: May 3, 2015
  5. Taremz

Taremz Member

I have semi-high mouse sensitivity (1050 DPI on mouse, 2.97 setting in GMOD)), and I've been playing with it for quite a while. You are mistaking skill, habit, and practice with aimbotting. Spectate any good player for a few rounds and you'll see the same thing. I know exactly how far to move my mouse to do a 180. It helps a lot when people are shooting behind you. It's just a habit I've picked up after hundreds of hours on TTT.

I'm assuming you were level with me at the time of the incident. Since heads are on the same Y-Axis level, it's just a matter of stopping at the correct spot on the X-Axis. It's just quick reaction time, not cheating.

6. paper

Sorry I meant positions rather than head.
    And I've played with a lot of skilled TTT players, none of them had that fast of an reaction time.

Also:

7. Taremz

Taremz Member

Please don't try and mix up my words to trip me up. It's rude and unnecessary.
    There's a difference between being able to put my cursor on a player and actually killing them. Put a rifle in my hand and I will never hit them.

And the fact that I'm moving my crosshair to your POSITION and not even your HEAD should be a big indicator that it's not a hack.
    Your body is a much larger target, and it only makes more sense that I can put my crosshair on you.

My high sensitivity can explain the speed. I assure you, I have one on the higher end of the spectrum. I've been meaning to lower it, but it helps in cases exactly like the one that occurred here.

I would like to see this video before I make too many more claims, but I assure you it's simply habit. I need to see how far away you were from me, and where my crosshair landed. It may have just been luck, but I'm going to give myself the benefit of the doubt and say it was purposeful.

8. paper

I wasn't trying to mix you up or be rude but instead showing the inconsistencies in your story.
    I'm gonna stop replying now and will wait for Espuur to reply.
    I recommend you to do the same.

9. MrEvanJ

MrEvanJ On my grave I want VIP not RIP VIP

How about we do not argue over this ban. Since you feel it was unjust you decided to appeal, @Espurr will respond with his evidence shortly.
    This thread is Locked to remove any more confrontation. If you want to discuss this further start a conversation.

10. Espurr

Okay, just a quick update Taremz, My computer is optimizing this video at a snails pace. I'm probably not going to finish/upload this to youtube till tomorrow morning. This thread is going to remain locked until the video evidence is posted

11. Espurr

Okay Taremz. I have the video uploaded (Sorry for the crumby first edit).

In the first clip, I see you locking on to andy, but with your T buddy there, I saw you lock on. My first suspiscion was when a person on the Headshot wars said you were aimbotting. I had watched you for a few rounds. The most Evident parts of you locking on in the video have been slowed to 25% normal speed.

I will unlock this thread for 12 hours to allow you time to give a counter argument. If no reply has been given by 7:45 PM CST. This appeal will be denied automatically

12. Taremz

Taremz Member

I am currently at school right now, and do not have time to type out a full response, but I assure you I will get around to it in about 6 hours from now.

I did view the clip entirely a few moments ago, and I do not see anything that could be considered an aimbot. Everything in this video can be explained by my high-mouse sensitivity. Hell, I'll go on Gmod after school and make a video with my sensitivity and try and repeat the situations if you want me to.

I'll add exact timestamps and fuller explanations later, but I see no reason as to why you think I have an aimbot. I'm not sure what all an aimbot can do, but I know it's basic purpose is to move a crosshair onto a person and keep it there so you can shoot them. I've seen videos of people using them, and their crosshairs remain on the person until they're dead. I used to moderate and admin TTT servers, I know an aimbotter when I see them.
    In the main fireight I have on the train tracks, my cursor is swinging everywhere. This is because I'm terrible with the M16 and was spraying left and right, as you can clearly see in the video. If you speed it back up to normal time, you'll clearly see it's just a wild spray.
    I even say that in my original post, for those who like me to be consistent.
    Later on, when there's one guy on the roof, you'd think my "aimbot" would know exactly where he was. Instead, I look where I last saw him, when you can clearly see his name has moved farther to the left.

I don't see any other instances in this video where you think I am using an aimbot, so if you could point them out to me, I can explain them.

P.S The aimbot accusations from headshot wars were jokes. You can clearly see people in chat throughout the video making jokes about it lol

Last edited: May 4, 2015
  13. Steven

Steven VIP Silver

The administrative team are reviewing this appeal. Espurr is going to re-upload the video without the slow motion so that we can review it, and bring the report to an end. Thank you for your patience.

14. Taremz

Taremz Member

Thanks.

I'll make one last defensive statement before this case gets closed, and then I'm done I guess.

The fact that I /don't/ do more "suspicious" things than I do should be a big hint that I am not hacking. You'd think an aimbotter would be snapping to a lot of targets, using it to locate the suspect on the roof, see people through walls, etc. etc. I don't display any of these behaviors throughout the video.
    I have never had a complaint about hacking in my ~100 hours of playing on these servers. You'd think someone would have noticed by now.
    Everything you see is just habit, high mouse sensitivity, and practice. I'll record myself playing games of TTT on a different server if I have to. I recommend spectating any decent other player and watching them; I don't play any different.

Thanks for everything. I'll stop posting until a verdict is reached.

15. Espurr

Here is the video without any slow-motion editing. I will wait on a verdict from the administrators as well.
    Thank you for being patient

16. Espurr

Okay, After reviewing the video multiple times and talking with admins. I am going to accept this appeal. I will lock this thread when you have been unbanned.

I am sorry for this inconvenience, have a nice day

17. Steven

Steven VIP Silver

Myself and @Toxin have come to the conclusion that this is not hacking. Your ban will be voided and you will be unbanned immediately we apologise for the inconvenience this ban has caused you.

18. Taremz

Taremz Member

Thanks!

No hard feelings, I understand my playstyle is a little abnormal and weird from a watcher's perspective.

Glad everything was worked out!

19. Espurr

You have been unbanned from west 2.
    Thank you for your patience.
    Topic: Locked

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.