Talk Time

Discussion in 'Deathrun Suggestions' started by WizardBaker, Nov 23, 2017.

?

Should Talk Time Stay?

1. Yes

6 vote(s)
    46.2%
  2. No

7 vote(s)
    53.8%
  1. WizardBaker

WizardBaker Member

Alright, Hear me out guys. Why is talk time necessary for a server like deathrun. I understand that it is supposed to "Stop mic spammers" and you guys can use it as a way to get donations, but honestly I think it is very stupid. In my personal opinion and from experience staffing a deathrun server for a very long time, when a new person who is excited to play gmod and have fun with people online, they get discouraged when they see something like a talk timer. From serious experience, the server that i had staffed on was a deathrun server and they had talk time as well, they would average 10-12 people everyday which dont get me wrong that is still a decent amount, but after they had decided to remove talk time it had increased the amout of people who came to the server by over 50%. Talk time basically does nothing but limit the amount of fun that people can have on a server like gmod. In my opinion i dont see why it would be necessary to use something like talk time on a server when you can just have a staff member on to help control the server and mute/gag people when necessary. I know this post may not lead to any change but from lots of past experience and playing on enough servers there is absolutely no benefit to having talk time than to use it as a way to get donations. Atleast make it so no matter what someone donates the talk time gets removed. I don't know if i put this in the wrong place, maybe it should be in suggestions, I don't know but move it if you feel necessary. That's all from me, feel free to explain your reasoning as to why it should stay, but if possible i feel like it is an unecessary adition to the server.

- Wizard

• Like Like x 1
  2. Chewie

Chewie deadrun mod VIP Bronze

Maybe not remove it, but extend it.

Also this should be moved to Deathrun suggestions.

3. Paradox

Paradox The One Eyed Ghoul Banned Elite

Na increase it not remove.

4. PixeL

PixeL Man märker andras fel och glömmer sina egna Banned VIP Silver

Moved to Deathrun Suggestions.

Imo, if anything it should probably just be increased.
    While it can be annoying, it is helpful especially with the 1 deathrun mod that we have and the one admin so staff aren't always able to be on to stop the mic spammers.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. nigel benn

nigel benn VIP Silver

or just increase the recovery time

6. Elvis

Elvis TheRockStars VIP Silver

I never really saw how bad the mic timer was, since I’ve been a vip since my joining. Coming from the ttt timed to dr timer it’s insanely decreased. I’ve played dr quite a bit and I’ve never been able to get more than a few sentences out without having to type th rest, which can be a pain the in ass.

Pls extend

• Agree Agree x 3