Taking Off the Pads

Discussion in 'Farewells' started by Steve Mason, Jan 10, 2017.

1. Steve Mason

Steve Mason Honesty. Banned Gold VIP

Hey guys, I'm sure you've heard of it by now but I'm resigning from my position as an Administrator on this community. If you were here when this all transpired you probably know why already I'm leaving already, I don't want to leak/say anything that isn't necessary so I'll end that here. Essentially, things got carried to the extreme and I was faced with either keeping quiet and ignore everything that happened just to keep this rank. There might be some who think this is a drastic but when what you believe in or values are tested a rank is nothing. There are a lot of people who probably envy the rank Administrator, however it's not just a dodger blue color and importance, that's nothing. A lot of people here would kill for a chance at staff, and I'm fortunate I was given that opportunity. If you played a game with me or had a chance to talk to me, I tried keeping things as light-hearted as possible and make a pleasurable experience for everyone. I wanted this community for people to join and have fun and forget anything that put behind and just enjoy the game. It's a shame things had to come to this but it did. I wish this community nothing but the best and hope people understand the reasons I took this action.

@GimcSnooper @Ichikunjii @LegitCake @Guardia , you guys were apart of my team when I resigned. There's nothing more I could ask for. You guys were weird in your own way but brought something unique to the table. We all just become best friends and was less of a staff team and more so friends. This will not be goodbye and we'll still play games and have fun. I just wish we had the chance to stay together like this for longer.

@Aco you made me apply, everything I've done here is because of your push. Our original team was great and I loved having you as my admin. Couldn't be more fitting for me to take over your admin spot and continue doing great things.

@Kyogre I still remember the first message I got from you. Asking me for an interview to fill that open admin spot, I literally started shaking. I couldn't have asked for a better lead admin, you were amazing and I'm extremely fortunate I was under you. I'm really happy this was a chance for us to become friends and I know it will not end here.

@ryan4win I remember you wanted me to apply for mod two summers ago, I was going to but your computer died. It's a shame because I could've been apart of this community for longer than just 5-6 months. Thanks for filling me in as an admin and all the times we played CSS/GMOD together. Those times were fun, let's not end it here.

@Machinekiller00 @Pandora? @Mr. Rogers @Sinz @C.A.Anna you guys are amazing. It's a shame we only got close when I got admin. Everything you've done for this community is something I respected. And it's a shame we all are going out this way, but it's for the better.

My ex-mods/mod buddies there's a lot of you guys here that I can't tag. Each and every one of you who I talked to made my day that much better. I laughed a lot and genuinely enjoyed your guy's presence. I wish you the best with everything and take care.

There's a lot of other people I know I'm forgetting but I'm going off the top of my mind, however whoever I talked to recently frequently good luck and take care. You guys truly made this community amazing, and I can see why people keep coming back to this place.

Wish you guys the best, and remember to fight for what you think is right. This is just a gaming community and you guys will be tested like this in real life as well, where it matters. And with that I make my exit, love you all and thanks for the amazing staff tenure.

~Steve

Last edited: Jan 10, 2017
    • Friendly Friendly x 42
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Sinz

Sinz crumble VIP Silver

i love you steve

• Friendly Friendly x 6
    • Agree Agree x 3
  3. LegitCake

LegitCake Loyalty Banned VIP

Me too.

I am very thankful you were able to be my admin, couldn't have asked for a better admin. Thank you for everything!

Last edited: Jan 10, 2017
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. Skyrossm

Skyrossm Ideal Female Moderator? VIP Emerald Bronze

i love you sinz

i guess steve was cool too

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. CorallocinB

CorallocinB Animeme lord VIP Silver Emerald

you did good for when it mattered

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. GRYPHN

GRYPHN ♫ Thanks for the Memories ♫ VIP

I'm gonna miss #FreeMasonry, Thanks for everything you did for me Steve.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  7. Dolph1n

Dolph1n Time is an adventure- if you know when to look. Banned Elite

Hey steve. You were one of my favorite admins, right up there with Pandora and Womp. I respect why you left, and wish you good luck wherever you go.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. Jesus christ, not you too..good luck elsewhere man. <3

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. Lone Wanderer

Lone Wanderer The One and Only VIP

Another one down.

Thank you for the work you put into this community, Steve. I remember you back from my first term as a moderator back in summer of 2015. I was honestly a little surprised to see you in blue when I returned a few months ago. Not that I didn't think you were right for the position, just that I didn't expect to see you there.

You helped me a lot during my current term as a moderator. You were there when I needed to ask questions, and when I needed to find ways to improve. You were helpful, approachable, and managed to do your job as an administrator while still holding onto that fun attitude people should have while playing a game.

Know that I respect the decision you're making here. Hope things turn out well for you in life, gaming or otherwise, in the future. Continue to keep it real.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. Graze

Graze Zzz... VIP Silver

Take care Steve. Please stay in touch. I can't stress that enough.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  11. Agent A

Agent A Veni, vidi, vici VIP Silver Emerald

Damn. Thank you for everything you done, Steve. Furthermore, thank you for training me when I was trial moderator and being there when I had questions that needed to be answered. It's a shame things have to end like this way.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

U dont even tag me? </3 rip u goober

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. Mr. Disco

Mr. Disco Jeff Lynne is a musical genius. VIP

You were a good admin. And helped out a lot when I was playing.

Thanks for yer service to the community. Best of luck elsewhere!

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  14. It was fun playing with you, hope to see you on the servers!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. Zack

Zack Shepherd of Fire VIP

So much regret toward this.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. Pacifist

Pacifist Cynically Insane VIP Bronze

Steve you were a good man. I'll send all the rest of this over steam because I can't put to words how I feel and I'm too tired to write anything right now.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  17. Gonco

Gonco white knight VIP

i love you so much.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. john redcorn

john redcorn strangers like me VIP Emerald

Man, I've seen you give your all for two communities now. Please continue to make the world a better place, whether it be another community or something else entirely.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. aco taco

aco taco ghosts n' sharks VIP

Love you bae

• Friendly Friendly x 2