Take Away Bandwagon Voting

Discussion in 'TTT Suggestions' started by DocFox, Jan 9, 2014.

?

Should we remove the vote count for map change?

1. Yes

43 vote(s)
    86.0%
  2. No

7 vote(s)
    14.0%
  1. DocFox

DocFox The Best Is Yet To Come VIP Silver Emerald

I think the best way to fix all of the map vote suggestions would be to remove the vote count.

2. So you mean, all map changes are gonna be random map ?

3. DocFox

Not really. Just a simple majority rules without bandwagoning. Keep the votes hidden so people get what they really want.

4. Zikeji

Zikeji Repoleved VIP Emerald

lol tail

Highwon has considered it before. I forget why he didn't though.

5. OH, now i see. Anonymous voting.

Yeah sounds like a good idea.

6. DocFox

Yes, I remember it. I can't remember his reason, though.

7. Scooter

Scooter Scooter#5335 VIP

im still going to rofl if people still vote for minecraft and dolls you will all be pissed

8. DieKasta

DieKasta :Blackalien: Forever VIP

Honestly... I either hit random or exit out of every map vote.

9. Ardey

Ardey VIP

This was implemented on a German server where I was playing, and I have to say that is really affected the overused maps to be played less:

Make people no longer be able to talk in chat and voice chat while the vote is running. People are micspamming '67THWAY 67THWAY!!!!' or 'DOLLS DOLLS DOLLS!!!' so people will vote for these maps because they don't care about the voting system. That way people can select what they want. AND make the vote anonymous.

10. Fever

Fever SiCKER THAN PNEUMONiA VIP

Playing shitty maps like minecraft and etc is what generally keeps people on brings them on.

A lot of people love minecraft and dolls even if it IS over played. Probably why highwon and a lot of owners don't implement this or the removal of popular maps.

11. Killamarshall

Killamarshall Hmm... interesting.. Smite anyone?? VIP

the REMOVAL would be horrible as popularity and such, but to remove the vote count would help in getting just the few maps that are played over and over again

12. DocFox

13. Larryguy

Larryguy New Member

I agree with the whole "Hide the vote count for map votes" thing, and feel new, popular maps are needed as well, because all the new maps are hardly played. Like, Hotwire Slum I've only played 4 or 5 times, and MagmaV2 I've only played once.

14. Killamarshall

Killamarshall Hmm... interesting.. Smite anyone?? VIP

thats because not many people like those maps comparative to say Magma V1 or Clue or 67th way V5 2014

15. Like Mango tango I would like this to happen so we don't have to play dolls and 67th street every round
    1+

16. juniorrr

juniorrr Supporter

I usually exit the map vote lol but I wouldn't mind a hidden vote count so no one jumps on the bandwagon. This would reduce overplayed maps a bit but they will still be played more because those are the maps that populate the server anyways.

17. Highwon

Highwon Owner VIP Silver

I increased locked maps to 5 from 3. Lets see how this affects the amount of replayed maps.

18. shadowdragoon66

shadowdragoon66 hic sunt draconis VIP

The same maps still get bandwagon voted when the server has a lot of people. They just have to wait 2 maps longer before they have to vote for it again.

19. Doomblade3890

Doomblade3890 Supporter

At the very least, we should make it so that people can't say over mic or in chat what map to vote for.