Switch MVP color?

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by Rek, Sep 16, 2015.

?

Should the color for MVP change?

1. Yes, it is confusing.

2. Yes, but it's not confusing, just too similar for my tastes.

3. No, it is fine the way it is.

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Rek

Rek Ø

I'm not sure how to phrase this exactly, but look:
    [​IMG]
    Mango and my color, to a brand new player, are way too similar(@Kenny pointed this out, not taking credit for it).
    Perhaps do a more green/blue like this: MangoTango ?

Thoughts? @Highwon @Darktooth @Disruptionz

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. DocFox

DocFox The Best Is Yet To Come VIP Silver Emerald

Don't you dare. I like this color. It may be close to mod, but it's not cyan. You could make the same argument about Elite and admin.
    I'm fine with changing it to be darker:
    MangoTango vs MangoTango

Last edited: Sep 16, 2015
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. Noctorious

Noctorious Your Best Nightmare VIP Emerald

We should just make them all different shades of gray

• Optimistic Optimistic x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Kawaii

Kawaii Paper Towns

Its pretty confusing but im sure people can read the title beside their names.

Edit: Pretty in Pink.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. Ravin

Ravin Determination VIP

People have a hard time reading our rules. Color cordnation is not a lot of people a strong points

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. Staples

Staples ~Storm princess. VIP

just gonna throw this out here, I'd pay a LOT for a pink name....

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. DocFox

Legendary is salmon

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  8. pup

pup Princess Pup

While I don't find them to be confusing, I believe MVP should be a color that stands out a bit more than the current color. There seems to be a buncha colors that are some shade of blue. Admin, Moderator, Elite, and MVP. Admin and moderator aren't really a problem because those have just always been the colors to represent those two staff positions. Then there's Elite and MVP, the newest of colors. I don't see the colors to require change, I would personally really prefer it. Perhaps a soft pink. I would def get that. Just not a color that is too pop-py, like the magenta color. Rek's suggested color is good too, but this pink, I really like. It's very different from the current colors, is soft and pastel, and is nicely noticeable.

Ex:
    MangoTango ; Kenny ; Kawaii

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. Carned

Carned ✘o ✘o VIP Silver Emerald

ELITE FOR PINK PLS

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. Muffin

Muffin Fresh Baked VIP

I honestly don't think its a huge issue, but the point that MVP and Moderator are extremely similar is a very valid one. However, I find all of the new colors to be aesthetically pleasing, although I have trouble with discerning colors from one another in the first place so I'm definitely not the perfect one to ask about this.

All in all, the colors picked are awesome, although I personally can't really tell a huge difference between MVP and Moderator, I can see a difference between Elite and Admin.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. DocFox

I know that my opinion doesn't matter much, but how many MVPs have you came across? Being one of, if not the first, MVP on the TTT servers, I think that the color is actually fine. It's not too close to be confused with Mods and, other than personal preference, there's no other reason to change it.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. Muffin

Muffin Fresh Baked VIP

You're exactly right, the only real reason to change it would be its similarity to cyan.

(Keep in mind that I'm colorblind, so my results may not
    represent everyone else's experiences.)

I just looked at a post somewhere where you and Chastity both left a rating, and without knowing beforehand that you weren't a Moderator, I could literally not tell between the two. Even then, to me its not really a huge issue, just mildly confusing. Also, I wouldn't cite the fact that you're the only MVP so far, because I'm willing to bet there will be many more, as if I recall correctly, its the highest purchase for our TTT servers and its a helluva deal so I expect more to purchase it.

13. tz-

tz- feelin it VIP Emerald

... I don't know if it's just me, but the MVP color just looks gray ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Like, it's not even close to being cyan...

Side note: I'm color deficient, MVP/Elite looks gray to me, and Moderator "cyan" looks like a really bright/shiny (best way to describe it I think) white to me.

• Informative Informative x 1
  14. DocFox

Well, how about until it becomes an issue, we don't change it?

It's not like a player can't see the MVP badge next to my name both on the forums and in-game. Heck, press tab in game and it not even in the same column as staff rank.

Other than players that are color deficient or have low resolution monitors, I don't think anyone will have a hard time telling the difference.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  15. pup

pup Princess Pup

I don't like the idea of completely shutting down the possible changes just yet. A good reason to change it aswell would be that people generally don't like the color or would be more appealed to a better color. It's completely opinions from that point, but I still would want more thoughts on this. But I do agree the only factual reason to change it would be the confusion.

16. Muffin

Muffin Fresh Baked VIP

What if we offered the ability to choose between 2 colors for some of the ranks? For example, Elite members could initially choose between that hot pink suggested, or the default grey-ish blue that we have now?

Thoughts?: @Darktooth @Disruptionz @Highwon

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  17. Carned

If the option of Hot Pink is available you can consider a Donation from me.

18. Muffin

Muffin Fresh Baked VIP

Well, I know that hot pink has always been a popular color amongst regulars of our forums, in fact, when we changed the VIP color, hot pink was one of the most requested colors. I don't know if any issues arise with allowing variation in the rank's colors, but if it's do-able, I think it would make many users happy.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Carned

Well, I can't really think of many other colours off the top of my head, but it would be nice to see an option for Elite to have multiple colour choices.

20. pup

pup Princess Pup

The reason I suggested pink is because there's nothing too similar to it and is definitely out of the blue zone like many of the other colors. Other then this I don't see much other options thst are too different.

• Like Like x 1