Stupid Rule pt. 2

Discussion in 'Rules and Protocol' started by Python~, Jan 31, 2018.

1. Python~

Python~ Young Bard VIP Silver Emerald

This is a retarded rule. Just recently, I was a T on community pool. I opened the T room to get away from someone chasing me, and my T buddy blocks me from getting inside, so I begin to get shot at. I then kill my T buddy so I can move fully into the T room

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

In the 2nd picture it shows where my T buddy was. I could not go left or right of him, so I shot and killed him to move out of the line of sight of the first pic

This all happened within 2-3 seconds

Code:
        01:22.03 - DMG:     Aeverotious [traitor] damaged Depression Crow [innocent] for 9 dmg
        01:22.11 - DMG:     Aeverotious [traitor] damaged Depression Crow [innocent] for 9 dmg
        01:22.18 - DMG:     Aeverotious [traitor] damaged Depression Crow [innocent] for 43 dmg
        01:22.64 - DMG:     Aeverotious [traitor] damaged Depression Crow [innocent] for 16 dmg
        01:22.78 - DMG:     Aeverotious [traitor] damaged Depression Crow [innocent] for 9 dmg
        01:22.78 - DMG:     Python [traitor] damaged Aeverotious [traitor] for 11 dmg
        01:22.86 - DMG:     Aeverotious [traitor] damaged Depression Crow [innocent] for 9 dmg
        01:22.87 - DMG:     Python [traitor] damaged Aeverotious [traitor] for 11 dmg
        01:23.01 - DMG:     Aeverotious [traitor] damaged Depression Crow [innocent] for 9 dmg
        01:23.01 - KILL:    Aeverotious [traitor] killed Depression Crow [innocent]
        01:23.14 - DMG:     Python [traitor] damaged Aeverotious [traitor] for 54 dmg
        01:23.23 - DMG:     Python [traitor] damaged Aeverotious [traitor] for 20 dmg
        01:24.31 - DMG:     Python [traitor] damaged Aeverotious [traitor] for 20 dmg
        01:24.31 - KILL:    Python [traitor] killed Aeverotious [traitor]

I was then promptly slain due to the rule that Traitors, for some reason, cannot kill T buddies if their life is in immediate danger.

I don't understand this rule, because a T buddy can just as much put another T in danger as an Inno can put an Inno in danger.

Edit: Apparently gunfights do not fall under "immediate danger", even tho that shit seems pretty immediate to me, so this suggestion is now about including gunfights as immediate danger

Last edited: Jan 31, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. Falcor

Falcor ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ VIP Silver

clutch or slay boi

• Agree Agree x 8
  3. Python~

@Agent A since he was the one who slayed me (just to get his opinion)

4. neutral

neutral Banned VIP

I mean. This isn't far off. This would have been RDM if it was Inno vs inno as well. We've never included gun fights as "immediate danger" because well.. you can fight back.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. .shirt

.shirt VIP

Or the other thing you could've done was to help your t buddy kill the innos like you're supposed to do.

• Like Like x 1
  6. BorkWoof

BorkWoof VIP

wat if ur boolets randomly exit bOTH of ur guns so u cant fite? :thinking:

what if you have a gun that isn't suited for firefights, ie, an m24, or what if you have to reload

• Confusing Confusing x 1
  7. Python~

So the options are to fight back and potentially die or I could kill the person blocking my way and get to saftey

Examples could be a T trying to get into the T room, a Detective trying to get into the Detective room, or an Inno trying to get into a safer spot

Also, couldn't you say that you can't kill people for being in your way if a Jihad is activated, since you can technically fight back?

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. neutral

neutral Banned VIP

Yes. It is preferred that you would fight back, and kill someone on the other team, rather than kill someone that is on the same team as you.

• Winner Winner x 3
  9. Giraffe

Giraffe We take the small victories VIP Silver Emerald

Everyone comes equipped with a standard grade crowbar.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  10. degolfer222

degolfer222 I finally changed my title VIP

Honestly though. Why didnt you just... Kill the inno instead?

But I do agree with changing "unless both players are traitors" part since if a T buddy is blocking you as c4 is counting down nearby, you literally can't do anything. It'll clearly be toxic gameplay, but it'll still be a waste of a T round. I don't see why this part was put in in the first place.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Python~

Yeah, gunfights aren't the only problem

I ran into the T room to get away from the Inno. I was facing away from the Inno and facing toward by T buddy. The easiest option to survive was to kill my T buddy

12. degolfer222

Even so, that would be total RDM. An innocent chasing is not as life threatening as, say, a c4 about to go off. Its easy to survive a single inno: Shoot in face. If you're suggesting gunfights be added to life threatening scenarios, MASSIVE -1 to that

However, removing the "both players are traitors" part makes sense since trolls are common, even among T buddies, so +1 to that.

13. BorkWoof

BorkWoof VIP

Easier said than done, ask yourself this, why would he be running to the T room from an inno in the first place?

Maybe It's the inno's deadly HK416
    Maybe he has to reload or w/o ammo
    Maybe he just has an M24 and Glock
    Maybe he's low

14. degolfer222

If he is running away, and has time to open the traitor room and shoot a T buddy, he had more than enough time and oppurtunities to kill the inno instead. A gunfight or an angry inno are not as threatening as a c4 about to blow, or a jihad or something like that.

15. Python~

Correction, just watched the demo. I wasn't running away. I opened the T room and got inside, with the T blocking me, I turn and see an inno so I try to run further inside to not be KOSed but my T buddy is there shooting the inno, getting me KOSed in the process

I had like half health was there were shots

• Friendly Friendly x 1