Story Board 'o Mine (Share your thoughts!)

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by Juice Juice™, May 15, 2017.

?

Would you read this?

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Maybe

33.3%
  3. Maybe, if it was a comic/manga

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Maybe, if someone else was writing it.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Maybe, if some key elements of the story were changed

33.3%
  6. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. No, but that's because I don't read anymore

33.3%
  1. Juice Juice™

Juice Juice™ VIP Emerald Bronze

Hoi! So, I am an aspiring writer who has way to much time on his hands! Normally I spend that gaming, but I really need to actually start writing as well, do something actually mildly productive! And so, I ask: What would you say the best site is for a frequently updated story, and on the off chance someone is actually interested in babysitting me, if anyone wants to help ensure I'll actually write the updates! Below, I'll share the general premise, as well as a few story/character arcs. Spoilers for a non-existent story are present. If you have any comments, and criticisms, anything at all to share, please do! And, while I can't enforce it, please try not to troll to much. I don't want to get cluttered! I would especially be interested in hearing name ideas (not for characters quite yet, but for titles, organizations, stuff like that).

I will be regularly updating this initial post as I develop more and more of the story. If you want to help in any way, I could probably use it! My actual talent in writing, while I would like to think above average, is more than subpar when compared to real writers.

After a meteor shower strikes earth, 10% of the earth's population began to develop new and strange abilities. The results where chaotic at first, but with some strong leaders gaining powerful abilities, order was quickly restored. Those with powerful abilities were bribed with whatever they wanted to keep order, forming the (name in progress) Hero's Association. The story begins a few years after the meteor shower, mainly following a classroom of young people who the government is grooming to become 'Hero's'. While I came up with the initial premise on my own, after reading My Hero Academy I have to say I took a few ideas from it.

There are a few characters who I clearly know what they are going to do within the story, and how much of an impact they will have. While they will surely get fleshed out more later on, and will almost certainly be changed to some degree, here are the initial concepts:
    The character has the power to perfectly insert himself into the life of anyone he has met, and uses this ability to become one of the unnoticeable to infiltrate a classroom of students learning to use their own powers, in order to find out who is leaking sensitive information. The assistant teacher has the ability to nullify powers to some degree, so he is the only one able to tell that the character shouldn't be there. Stealing from a manga I read, that power is linked to eyesight. At one point, the class is attacked by an extremely powerful enemy while on a field trip, one that could easily wipe them all out. The character then pulls his memories from the world, erasing his existence and enhancing is own power by the power people pictured him having in their mind, making him thousands of times stronger than a normal human, dispatching the enemy with ease. The only person aware of him now is the assistant teacher, and his body is fading, both because he is to strong for his body to handle, and because his existence was linked to other's memory of him. The scene ends with him asking the assistant teacher to close his eyes (Which turns off the assistant teacher's ability to negate other's abilities). And yes, the assistant teacher is almost entirely stolen.
    A character who is, essentially, data in a tangible form. He can create portals, teleport himself and others, make himself incorporeal, posses others, almost anything you can imagine. He serves as an enemy to the good guys by transporting criminals around. However, he general interferes if things get to rough, often subtly preventing anyone from dying or being kidnapped. However, at one point he joins a full frontal attack with some of the criminal's heavy hitters, almost obviously against his will, entering the combat directly with unstoppable effect. However, at the same time he creates a portal for some of the classroom members in the guise of banishing them to an arctic. From there, they find another portal that leads them to a secret prison faculty. heavy magnetization of the area prevent the character from approaching, but the classmates take the place, rescuing the character's little brother. However, in the battle, the character and the bad guys have already killed many of the hero's opposing them. When his brother is returned, the character kills the criminals, then essentially detonates himself after teleportation to the enemy base, wiping out the vast majority of the bad guys, ending the story, or that season of the story.

A kid who has the ability to learn other people's abilities by taking part of their body (He usually gets a small bit of their blood). The first main conflict arises when someone with the ability to create life starts making monstrous entities designed to kill anyone and anything. As the story progresses, the kid learns this ability, and ends up creating a race of super-humans called the Exceed. The kid mainly keeps to himself, and often hides away from the rest of society other than to gather new abilities, liking to think himself a god. Other than the Exceed, he doesn't actually do much. Currently tossing around the idea that he creates an Exceed-like creature with all the same powers he possesses, leaves the story for whatever reason, and that creature then tries to subjugate or destroy the world. Cliche, I know

The Exceed play a constant and considerable part within the story, so I thought I'd go more in depth about them. The Exceed have free will in a loose sense. They are able to do whatever they want within a pre-defined set of rules, and these rules are vaguely based around "Protect the world and all living creatures within it, Humans above all else". They are their own species, able to procreate after their initial creation. Every Exceed has the following abilities: Superhuman strength, speed, and agility, the ability to heal, and telepathy. Every Exceed has some animalistic quality to them (Think Kemomimi for those that knew what it is), which give them associated abilities.

• Creative Creative x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. I like the concept, if some things are polished and added im aure it'll be entertaining to read. Also a good website i would recommend posting this on https://www.wattpad.com/ since it's a site specifically designed for posting wip stories of all kinds :)

3. Python~

Python~ Young Bard VIP Silver Emerald

Seems a bit cliché tbh. Sounds a like X-Men: Civil War. But this can be made up for with interesting characters and powers

Also, if there are 10% of humans that became mutants, that's nearly 730,000,000 mutants. There better be a shit ton of abilities. Maybe even some that repeat? Lots of chances to express creativity here.