Stop Making Fun Of Autism

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by ThatAintFalco, Jul 15, 2017.

1. Aarow

Aarow VIP

If you need a safe space, log off. Or go back to your Tumblr echo chamber. SJWs are sissies lol

If you think I'm harassing, that's on you. I wouldn't see you as my equal if you found my joke as harassment, because it shows you're too weak for me to give you a second thought. So I wouldn't care either way. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Y'all would die in the streets lol

• Dumb Dumb x 8
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Graze

Graze Zzz... VIP Silver

That's not how this works. You're harassing someone regardless of if you're joking or not. I understand that it's "funny" to make jokes like that, and I believe that there's nothing wrong with them most of the time, but if someone is kindly asking you not to do it around them, the decent thing to do is simply not do it. There is no excuse for being rude, it only goes to make other people unhappy, and only goes to show what type of person you want people to remember you as when they finish meeting you. I personally choose to live my life trying to make positive impacts on people, and this is just an extension of that.

You're free to have your own opinion though. I'm done here.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  3. Aarow

Aarow VIP

I see it's more positive to end the sissies of the modern world rather than enable them. That's what created all of these riots at esteemed universities like UC Berkeley and such, because people mistook giving people safe spaces as making a positive impact.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  4. BagelRama

BagelRama Regular Member

YE Aarow I HAVE AUTISM AND I DO NOT LIKE BEING MADE FUN OF

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Graze

Graze Zzz... VIP Silver

There's a difference between enabling entitled behavior, and acting respectful to others. I hope someday you learn that.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Aarow

Aarow VIP

Censoring words does nobody good. I can tell that you don't belong in the hood. These people rate you winner 'cause they get confused - they don't understand a word is just what you choose. When you think it's okay to make words be taboo, you give them that much more power when held over you.

This has been, Rhyming With Aarow. See ya next time, kids! (y)

• Creative Creative x 3
    • Dumb Dumb x 2
  7. BlueGalaxy

BlueGalaxy VIP Emerald

There is a fine line between joking around and being a dick/obvious harassment. Figure out the difference.

• Agree Agree x 4
  8. CorallocinB

CorallocinB Animeme lord VIP Silver Emerald

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  9. Daddy Nexxus

Daddy Nexxus Toxi-Fessional VIP

It's the internet, Graze...

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. BlueGalaxy

BlueGalaxy VIP Emerald

That beside his point.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Daddy Nexxus

Respect in real life, sure. It's unreasonable to hop on the internet and expect anyone to respect any of your beliefs. To put someone down for simply not respecting people's beliefs on the internet, or otherwise judge them based on their actions they perform on the internet is absolutely ridiculous.

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. BlueGalaxy

BlueGalaxy VIP Emerald

And I totally agree with you but let's try to be a little nicer on at least this community. Yeah go fuck around and make your jokes but don't turn into obvious harassment and to the people who get triggered like I said again previously take the internet with a grain of salt.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Daddy Nexxus

Agreed. Requesting people to stop saying "That's autistic", "That's retarded", "You're retarded", etc is unreasonable, though. Sure, if you say "Please don't call me x" I won't call you x, and probably apologize if you took offence to it, but to request a blanket sensor on words that offend you is unrealistic.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. StrayHunter

StrayHunter Emerald

Holy fuck, this thread got gay and autistic real fast.

We should be able to make fun of anything, and that ALSO includes the victim bearing rights to defend himself (even in form of ad-hominem'ing the poster, which is what I expect as a consequence to this post, lol)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  15. Acnologia

Acnologia modern desperado VIP Silver

If people are trying to bring you down, that only means you're better than them. You're the one that has to set an example. If you snap back, that only means you're taking offense to them and inviting more such occurrences. Ignorance can truly be a bliss sometimes my man, try it out.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  16. Daddy Nexxus

Edit: Never mind, the pettiness is real and a lot of the people here will grow up one day and realize the silliness of their arguing on the internet.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Python~

Python~ Young Bard VIP Silver Emerald

y tho

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. shanty

shanty Bronze

are you sure people don't make fun of you because you capitalise the first letter of every word (e.g. in the title) because that seems like a far better reason than your autism

19. CorallocinB

CorallocinB Animeme lord VIP Silver Emerald

I felt like people needed a reminder.

20. El FLaco Gamer

El FLaco Gamer Ecks Dee? VIP

I think people are missing the point. Aside from the people clearly trolling. nobody is saying he deserves to be called autistic. People are telling him to be more realistic about this. That's it.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1