Stop Making Fun Of Autism

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by ThatAintFalco, Jul 15, 2017.

1. ThatAintFalco

ThatAintFalco You should’ve followed the damn train CJ VIP

I just wanted to make this thread because I don't appreciate how so many people have to make fun of autists and thinking they're stupid or something. Well, I just want to say that I am autistic myself and I do take offense to that myself and it is uncalled for and cruel to say the least. Autists don't deserve this kind of behavior towards them and they should be treated more nicely and not be made fun of because of their disabilities. We have to treat them like normal human beings and not pieces of trash. It's kinda an autism awareness thread and I just don't want people with autism to feel like crap anymore. :(

Edit: I have also seen a couple ppl on here make remarks concerning it and people saying stuff like "Stop sounding so autistic." or "Do u have anything non autistic to say."

• Dumb x 8
    • Friendly x 5
    • Agree x 3
    • Optimistic x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Useful x 1
    • Old x 1
  2. POP STAR

POP STAR have a nice day VIP Emerald Bronze

yeah

• Winner Winner x 11
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Hingle

Hingle Slow Motion VIP Emerald

Same.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Grimoire+

Grimoire+ Sigillum diaboli VIP

Yes.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Daddy Nexxus

Daddy Nexxus Toxi-Fessional VIP

As long as you're not getting all hot headed over those people that simply say things like : "You're autistic!" Or "Autist!". Now, actually making fun of autism or people autistic, that's different.

• Agree Agree x 5
  6. Yatty ☄️

Yatty ☄️ Yatt'em VIP Silver

i am aware

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. BorkWoof

BorkWoof VIP

very aware indeed

• Useful Useful x 1
  8. Daddy Nexxus

Daddy Nexxus Toxi-Fessional VIP

I don't want to be that guy who goes out of his way, but here's the dealio. I'm sure you have, at some time or another, said something along the lines of "That's fucking gay" or "Why are you so gay", etc. This is a very broad, general example. If everyone in this world was like you, our vocabulary would be limited to absolutely only what is necessary to convey what we're thinking, and we're nowhere near there, yet.

The simple fact of the matter is, we have got to stop being so offended by things that people are not saying to be offensive to anyone. We don't say "That's gay" about something, intending to offend gay people. We don't say "God damnit" about something thinking about how much we hate God. Again, general examples. We say other things, every day without even thinking about it, that offends someone, somewhere. Don't be that "someone, somewhere".

All my posts aside and the trollishnesh/sarcasm I use on the server, I'm a completely different person in real life. I'm a veteran and former police recruit. I simply like helping people and making life generally better for those around me. This is a game, though and I make damn sure to separate my two attitudes. That being said, I'd be the first person to defend you in real life if someone was accosting or otherwise harassing you for showing signs of a disability.

• Agree Agree x 11
    • Winner Winner x 3
  9. CorallocinB

CorallocinB Animeme lord VIP Silver Emerald

what if they're mean to us

you think im actually an adult who is mature enough to walk away?

Maybe this will persuade you.

There once was a girl who gave healing [​IMG] No patience she had for much screaming [​IMG] When Genji came by [​IMG] she said her goodbye [​IMG]and DVa was tasked with the beating[​IMG]

EDIT: u ppl rating dum got no taste ;)

Last edited: Jul 18, 2017
    • Dumb Dumb x 5
    • Funny Funny x 2
  10. Noctorious

Noctorious Your Best Nightmare VIP Emerald

Back in my day we just called people retards. Then the big thing was saying fag. Now that's passed and people say autistic. One day this too will pass and people will find a new group of people who are different than them to insult, or a different way to insult them.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. BlueGalaxy

BlueGalaxy VIP Emerald

You're not allowed to say the retard word at my school and it's stupid lol. I get why they try to ban the word but still.

12. Agreed,
    Our school had everyone sign this massive poster saying "Spread the word to End the word."
    I still hear people in the hallways saying that and much more profound things.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  13. BlueGalaxy

BlueGalaxy VIP Emerald

That what they did too. They called it end the R word.

14. Slap

Slap Dont steal my cheerios VIP

Yea um no, I'm gonna continue to call people gay, retarded, autistic, and whatever else I want to if I feel like I want to call them it. Just like calling someone gay or a fag its not about them actually being gay, its an insult and I put it as an equivalent to lets say insults like dumb and stupid but they don't have the same flair. You really shouldn't being taking people saying this to heart, grow some thicker skin and deal with it.

Edit: I should also add this is incredibly stupid because this is not only calling people autistic, this would apply for basically a ton of insults that "people shouldn't be treated this way" and just to name a few, Gay, Fag, Retard, tons of racial slurs that I cannot say, gross, ugly, and many more. So what your saying is that I cant say any of these because I am hurting the people that are actually any of these? Get out of your politically correct world, this is the fucking internet, if you take what people say on the internet seriously you don't belong here. So like I said before grow some fucking thicker skin.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2017
    • Agree x 5
    • Informative x 3
    • Disagree x 2
    • Dumb x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Creative x 1
  15. Kyül

Kyül Caged Bird VIP Bronze

Bro, its the internet. Taking offense to everything people say wont do you a thing other than make you feel bad. Let it be.

• Agree Agree x 4
  16. ThatAintFalco

ThatAintFalco You should’ve followed the damn train CJ VIP

It still doesn't matter tho. That's called cyber bullying. Kind of has similar effects with regular bullying.

• Dumb Dumb x 6
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. CorallocinB

CorallocinB Animeme lord VIP Silver Emerald

Trump condones cyber bullying

Not me, the president.

• Dumb Dumb x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. BlueGalaxy

BlueGalaxy VIP Emerald

People should take the internet with a grain of salt.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Kyül

Kyül Caged Bird VIP Bronze

You gotta understand the harsh truth kid. Most people on the internet dont care. They dont care about you or your feelings. And the trolls and bullies will never be succesfully silenced, they will just keep coming. The most mature thing you can do is swallow their petty insults and go on with your day. If someone is overly targetting you/ bothering you personally, contact a staff member.

• Agree Agree x 4
  20. Python~

Python~ Young Bard VIP Silver Emerald

[​IMG]

:artist:

• Agree x 6
    • Winner x 4
    • Funny x 2
    • Creative x 2
    • Dumb x 2