Important Stay on Alert - Suspicious Links

Discussion in 'TTT Discussion' started by Opii, Jan 11, 2015.

1. Opii

Opii Keep it Simple. VIP

Hello Community,

It seems that there is another malicious link/script running around in the community. @TeeZy and @Rice are currently infected, and I'm sure others are as well. As always, do not click suspicious links and report any players who post suspicious links in-game, on this site, or to you through steam. This will ensure that no one else gets infected.

Thank you for cooperating and, again, stay away from suspicious links.

Update:
    It seems the file that is being executed is SeriousTTT.exe. Please ensure this is not running in your task manager.

If you happen to be infected, go to your Start Menu, search CMD, go to CMD, type in "netstat -a" (without the quotes), screenshot it, and post it here.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2015
    • Informative Informative x 3
  2. Muffin

Muffin Fresh Baked VIP

*Enter stupid gif containing people cos-playing as Link.

On a serious note, just keep an eye out if someone messages you out of the blue with a seemingly irrelevant link.

3. Mr. Rogers

Mr. Rogers Lil Tokyo VIP Silver

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. To all the people who clicked in the Steam Overlay, don't fret, you are fine. I clicked the link in the overlay, did a scan, my pc is fine.
    Edit:
    CONFIRMED: The orginal virus link does not have any affect if you viewed it in overlay.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2015
  5. Communion (1989) Putlockers HD Stream Eng Sub

Communion (1989) Putlockers HD Stream Eng Sub i'm thinking i'm thinking VIP

Good thing I'm on a mac. Saw that .exe from TeeZy and just ignored it as I do with any other thing TeeZy says.

Hope you get uninfected, TeeZy.

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  6. Just to put it out there, for those who don't know, there are ways to tell if a link is suspicious, or just perfectly fine.

IDENTIFYING A SUSPICIOUS LINK
    • Most malware/screamer/and or virus links contain a file ending at the end of them. This includes: .exe .rar .scr .bat and .com. Be advised when seeing these links, they might contain unwanted malware/virus/ and or screamers. Although, usually screenshots and just plain old pictures have .jpg .jpeg .png and that. Please refer to the next way of identification.
    • Make sure the person giving the link has full control of what they are saying. If they are acting unresponsive or robotic, DO NOT CLICK THEIR LINKS, until you get clarification the person is in full control of their account and what they are saying. Make sure to do this when seeing the file ending method. If they are perfectly fine, feel free to click their links. NOTE: People will never randonly send you links you'll have to download and agree with.
    • Use your brain. If you see what you think is a suspicious link, someone is bound to click on it. They will most likely inform people it is a containing malware/etc. (Thanks to @Highwon for notifying us of suspicious links)
    Basically just follow my instructions and you are fine. Stay safe.
    If you happen to click one of these links, notify staff immediatley, and change your password. Run a virus scan.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2015
  7. Rice

Rice stay golden. VIP

Just a note the actual filename is what Opii said in the OP - SeriousTTT.exe.

The process that started every time you click the file was called Microsoft .NET Security Administration Tool.

EDIT: it might not have been security administration, but the rest is accurate.

• Useful Useful x 1
  8. tz-

tz- feelin it VIP Emerald

9. tz-

tz- feelin it VIP Emerald

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  10. 4sea

4sea VIP

Screamers will end in .gif
    Photographs and screenshots etc will almost always end in .jpg .jpeg .png

The simple rule is, people will never randomly send you a link you will have to download/install/agree with.
    It will almost always be a virus if someone randomly sends you a: .exe .rar .scr .com .bat .pif and .com

tl;dr: The most ppl will randomly send you might be pictures. If you do not see a picture and/or have to agree with a download first, never do it.

• Useful Useful x 1
  11. Ive never seen a .gif screamer. For example,

12. 4sea

4sea VIP

That's not a .jpg
    It's simply filed under the catagory /jpg on the website. Doesn't make it a .jpg :p

13. oh :p never noticed that, meh not too experienced with screamers

14. Do you guys really have to go over this again? This is way too easy to bypass such as not clicking these fucking random links that keep popping up after seeing several threads about malicious links.

seriously you guys are retarded if you have ever fallen for this shit. It might have tricked a few people on release day of this 'exploit' :facepalm: but for serious, a few months should be too late for people to STILL be falling for this.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. Opii

Opii Keep it Simple. VIP

Even then, Senpai, still be aware of what you are clicking on. Yesterday, TeeZy's PC was controlled and went as far as speaking to others who were infected. @Rice was spoken to through a chatbox by this person and pretended to be TeeZy in the progress. He then at one point was able to control what Rice typed. @TeeZy, as soon as you are home, get on TeamSpeak and we will try to help you.

• Informative Informative x 1
  16. They got Opii too! He's never this helpful :eek:

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. The Law

The Law You fought the law and the law won. VIP Silver Emerald

Okay, I'm scared now.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. Rice

Rice stay golden. VIP

Was scurried. Will see if it happens again when I get home from work, as I'm not sure if it stopped cause I got rid of it, or it was too late for the kiddo and they just got tired.

• Useful Useful x 1
  19. Blake

Blake Respect VIP

Haha, AGAIN?

20. Mr. Rogers

Mr. Rogers Lil Tokyo VIP Silver

I wouldn't infect myself with this one my friend lol

• Agree Agree x 2