Rejected Star Wars and other movie spoilers should be worth a kick and then a ban within the first month/week

Discussion in 'Rules and Protocol' started by Aarow, Dec 17, 2017.

?

Should purposefully spoiling movies like Star Wars be a kick/ban offense? It's fucked up.

1. Yes

34.2%
  2. No

65.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aarow

Aarow VIP

People keep being cucks and spoiling movies for power trips and it should fall under toxicity and yet it doesn't.

• Dumb x 4
    • Agree x 3
    • Disagree x 2
    • Confusing x 2
    • Funny x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
  2. Python~

Python~ Young Bard VIP Silver Emerald

If you want to avoid spoilers, don't go to places where there can be spoilers. Especially the internet. And especially in multiplayer videogames.

Yeah it's shitty, which is why you should watch the movie immediately and avoid areas where it can be spoiled like the plague.

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. Graze

Graze Zzz... VIP Silver

Eh. We shouldn't make a blanket rule for something like this. If a spoiler happens, most of the time it's not intentional.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. Aarow

Aarow VIP

You could say the same thing about literally anything else against the rules lmao, including toxicity, harassment, metagaming, etc. "If you don't want it, don't play."

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  5. Aarow

Aarow VIP

99.99% of the time, the spoilers are intentional. I have no idea how you've been lucky enough to never encounter anyone spoiling a Star Wars movie on purpose lol

like 5 people were literally putting who lives and who dies in the chat and voice chat with 0 context, as in 0 accidents

6. Graze

Graze Zzz... VIP Silver

Banning someone for spoiling a movie would simply put a sour taste in my mouth. Regardless of the support this suggestion gets I highly doubt it will be accepted.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Aarow

Aarow VIP

How does that give you a sour taste, but banning someone for saying f***ot or n***er doesn't? It's the same concept, except the spoilers actually do damage, whereas the slurs are just empty words that can be forgotten in an hour. The spoilers actually could ruin their entire month. People love Star Wars and some even live for it. Not as many care about being called some bad doodoo words lmao

• Dumb Dumb x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Confusing Confusing x 1
  8. Chewie

Chewie deadrun mod VIP Bronze

I'm sorry but I have to completely disagree with this statement. Using racial slurs or sexuality slurs (if thats what you call them) are extremely hateful words and have a strong meaning to them and can really hurt someone. I'm a huge star wars fan and would rather have it spoiled for me than to be called names. Also, just avoid spoilers, it's really not that hard.

• Like Like x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  9. Aarow

Aarow VIP

Words only have the power you give them. Spoilers, on the other hand, well...once it's done, it's done, and the damage can never be repaired. You will never get that chance to see it for the first time. Words, on the other hand, are stupid and weak. You want proof? Watch this video.

Kid calls black kid the n word, then runs like a pussy. Lmao that's the power of the word: nothing. He's gonna get his ass kicked. Saying slurs ain't gonna stop that. Ever heard of sticks and stones?

• Dumb Dumb x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. Chewie

dude its just a movie ;-;

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  11. Aarow

Aarow VIP

Star Wars is more than just a movie. It's a billion (and yes, a billion) people's childhoods. Respect that.

• Dumb Dumb x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. Chewie

I've seen each Star Wars movie probably 50 times, saw my first movie when I was like 4. I mean, my profile is Star Wars related, but it's just a movie, and again, you can avoid spoilers quite easily.

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  13. Aarow

Aarow VIP

So your belief is it's their fault for expecting our servers to be safe from that? So it's their fault that they thought these servers weren't toxic? Victim blaming?

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. john redcorn

john redcorn strangers like me VIP Emerald

In the past, discretion has been used to remove users who were creating an unfun server environment in such a manner by taking it to a malicious extreme. As always, just let your friendly neighborhood staff member know and don't let it get to you man.

15. nigel benn

nigel benn VIP Silver

If they're repeatedly spoiling with intent to annoy or harass other users I'm pretty sure thats bannable

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  16. .shirt

.shirt VIP

I voted yes, then I changed my vote after you equated spoiling a movie to Racial slurs. Get your head out your ass.

@Robokiller87 @Python~

17. Flan

Flan Banned VIP

Every new movie gets spoiled, it shouldn't be punishable, imagine banning someone on the shoutbox because he spoiled a movie? that's just a dumb reason

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. .shirt

.shirt VIP

We aren't a communist state might aswell.

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. CorallocinB

CorallocinB Animeme lord VIP Silver Emerald

What the fuck

• Winner Winner x 2
  20. Carned

Carned ✘o ✘o VIP Silver Emerald

Han Solo dies

• Funny x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Confusing x 1