Staff Trainers

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Logan., Apr 14, 2020.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Logan.

Logan. Greatest admin alive ever VIP Silver

I think there should be designated Trainers for all of the Trial Mods that are coming into the staff team, i think it would be a good idea, what about you guys?

• Dumb x 11
    • Like x 1
    • Dislike x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Disagree x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Confusing x 1
  2. tz-

tz- feelin it VIP Emerald

you mean admins? and other mods? ya kno the whole point of the trial mod phase?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Logan.

No i mean a role just for training them

4. Togo ✿

Togo ✿ Nobody Gets it VIP Silver

$20 and ill train every new staff member to be just as good as me

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
  5. food

food VIP

I mean, mods/trial mods have protocol. They don't need someone else to read it out to them. If they can't follow the guidelines for what they're supposed to do, they probably shouldn't be staff in the first place.

Usually (not always) when a player gets upset at a staff for doing their job, the player doesn't understand the rules or the protocol, it's not the staff's fault.

6. Carl

Carl Kachow! VIP

Yeah that’s what their admin’s job is to do, they pick a trial mod, and then they train them. Then after a little while other mods can train them when they’re well adjusted to the system.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. Logan.

That's true it was just something to spark a convo because we had it in a previous server and it worked well, but every server is different

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. Paradox

Paradox The One Eyed Ghoul Banned Elite

One no it’s just fill more space and be more to watch out for our system works fine as is :)

9. Dodley27

Dodley27 Dolfin VIP Bronze

10. Logan.

of course, i wasn't trying to make the system better, it was just something that was used in a past server i was apart of and wanted to see what others thought, clearly not very liked lmao

• Like Like x 1
  11. Tayco

Tayco Member

Honestly, if there was a trainer/observer who would look after "trial mods" since some of them are always by themselves when it comes to day-to-day gaming on any of the SGM servers. Trainer might not be the right word for it, but honestly some of the trial mods look like they need guidance when they are alone with 30+ members being toxic or annoyed.

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  12. tz-

tz- feelin it VIP Emerald

ok whatre you gonna do when the trainer AKA THE MOD/ADMIN cant get on and the tmod is still alone on the server? you just want to limit the tmod to playing with 1 person instead of the whole staff team? its not their fault that mods/admins dont staff lmao

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. Frost

Frost Frosted Pun King VIP

Trials are not allowed to touch reports while no mods+ are on. Mods, Admins, and Lead Admins can train any trial mods. (Most mods who have discretion from their admins are allowed to train, which is well, basically anyone whom isn't new and has a good grasp of the rules). That's le way it's being done, and it's worked so far. It gets you entwined with how others staff, and helps you find a method and way that works well for you. (You being the trial mod).

I know what you're suggesting, that only certain members who are selected to train, but the issue is, well we don't have enough expendability within our staff team to do so. Most ex staff are either busy with other stuff or just don't care to staff anymore. So the current method is working so far, and gets the job done.

All is good for now, thanks for your idea and input :p

14. Dodley27

Dodley27 Dolfin VIP Bronze

Jabba for community manager

• Agree x 3
    • Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    • Dumb x 1
  15. Sinz

Sinz crumble VIP Silver

i'll do it for $10 and the advisor rank

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Togo ✿

Togo ✿ Nobody Gets it VIP Silver

You can see the staff discussions now if your VIP you don't need the advisor rank

• Like Like x 1
    • Confusing Confusing x 1
  17. Adlactor Nell

Adlactor Nell Advertiser Friendly, Right out of the box! VIP

Hmmmmmm it's as if we talked about this yesterday @Logan2 :ROFLMAO:

• Like Like x 1
  18. Logan.

Well i was asked to talk on the forums more so I thought why not ask others what they think and it didn't turn out so well haha

19. Scarwolf

Scarwolf Active Member

imo idk if the system works well enough. Now im no one to judge this really, but imo trial mods should have some capabilities. How can you test their modding abilities if they can barely do anything at all? Also in my recent time here i've seen tmods that have remained that way for weeks. Now yes you do want to make sure whoever gets mod is trustworthy and so on, but i dont think it really is that difficult to get a hang of how it all works, and as said above most of it is just protocol. Anyway random thoughts lol

• Like Like x 1
  20. Pacifist

Pacifist Cynically Insane VIP Bronze

But who will train the trainers? :eek:

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.