Staff Team Approval Poll

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Pacifist, Jul 8, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Pacifist

Pacifist Cynically Insane VIP Bronze

• Like x 6
    • Useful x 4
    • Optimistic x 3
    • Dislike x 1
    • Funny x 1
  2. dazza

dazza Banned VIP Bronze

will you be sharing some of the funny and obviously not serious results here? because lets face it theres going to be a lot

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Pacifist

I am looking for genuine criticism, but there is a chance that some of the more funny results will be shared. I'll also summarize the findings and explain in detail how I plan to fix the problems people bring forward.

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  4. BorkWoof

BorkWoof VIP

"Finally, is the staff team one giant conspiracy, one that aims to get you banned because you constantly speak the truth on some kind of crusade that you find utterly justifiable?"

w a t

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Hongo

Hongo VIP

bork its all a ploy, its their move in the info war!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Confusing Confusing x 1
  6. Dwardu

Dwardu School tmrw? VIP

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Confusing Confusing x 1
  7. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

I'm not Lead Admin + Developer soooooo the results can't be that good.

• Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Dumb Dumb x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Sticky Bandit

Sticky Bandit Never fall below your standard VIP Bronze

#Xproplayer4Dev2019

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. stormcreator

stormcreator I am The Flying Wombat. Kythol is the bae. <3 VIP

IMHO this server will fail without Magafe as Lead Admin

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  10. Pokeben10

Pokeben10 tell me pretty lies Moderator VIP Silver

who the heck is magafe

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
  11. Anna

Anna before we fade VIP

you're a youngen, he was before your time

• Informative x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Confusing x 1
    • Old x 1
  12. BorkWoof

BorkWoof VIP

w h o

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Sticky Bandit

Sticky Bandit Never fall below your standard VIP Bronze

who's magafe

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. stormcreator

stormcreator I am The Flying Wombat. Kythol is the bae. <3 VIP

huehuehuehue made you say it

edit: ur from 2013 i think i just played myself

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Old Old x 1
  15. Pacifist

Alright so there are a few things I want to address. I've got a lot to get through so expect a few posts here. First off let me just say that all the criticism towards moderators or admins will be taken directly to them. I have no interest in posting them publicly, as i'm not about shaming people.

Yeah this is definitely an issue that can come up when admins are far too prepared to punish players that may have a bad reputation. I was use to share this mindset, but it really helps nobody. There is a feeling that we are doing the community a service by banning players who are just overtly toxic, but in fact it just breeds more toxicity. This has been proven time and time again. I agree that tribalism in the staff team (or the "us vs them" mentality) is not something we want.

Hello dazza. So this is a common theme across a lot of the messages. There may be more like this, I just picked two because they illustrate the point well. Yeah, leads not teaching their admins is a huge issue, but the problem is that there isn't much that can really be taught. Admins have discretion, and so whenever we say "hey do this or do that" we have to also say "but remember you can also use your discretion to literally do whatever". This is a huge step up from moderator. Administrators are trusted to use their tools correctly, and leads often times let them figure it out for themselves. This is not something im in favor of. It is why I am constantly checking and correcting admins on the team. I'm not really content to let them use their power willy nilly. Making the administration stronger is definitely a major goal of mine, and as of right now they are doing quite strongly in hours, and hopefully I can get them started on team engagement (which has already begun in some ways).

I want to touch briefly on the idea of communication. This is a hard thing for the staff team to do. The problem we often have to deal with is a simple one: If we say something we may make the situation worse, but if we don't say anything we will most definitely make the situation worse. There is also often times a problem where we aren't sure what we can tell the community and what we cant. I don't have that last problem, but moderators and administrators may. They may fear accidentally leaking. I think that we definitely need to re-evaluate how we deal with leakers, but that is for my next post. I can't promise you that I will communicate all the time, but i'll definitely try my hardest to keep up with yall. If you ever have questions about ongoing stuff, feel free to slide into my DMs. I'll tell you what I am able to tell you.

I should have addressed this sooner. So let me break this down for anyone who is curious on how that was handled. First of all, the three members of the staff team who were involved in this have all been severely reprimanded. They were doing something that was unsanctioned and the whole thing was shut down the second I was made aware of it. That being said, their intentions were not malicious. They were simply trying to figure out who was leaking staff information. One of the members was demoted and banned because they leaked this to a member of the community who did not have access to the information, the other moderator involved had his permission to view IP addresses immediately revoked, and the administrator that was involved was talked to about how to better handle these situations in the future (he wasn't really apart of it, he just put them in a group chat). All the information from this was removed (the group chat was purged) and everyone knows what they did was wrong. If this happens again there will almost certainly be a demotion. I have no patience with this kind of thing, and if you saw my DMs you'd understand that I was pissed.

More to come tomorrow. I'm tired and need sleep.

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. I haven't seen you on in forever man. Also, what happened to Cdriscoll? He was my favorite lead and I miss him :(

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 2
  17. Hashira

Hashira VIP

did it​

18. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

Anna for lead

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. Adrian Shephard