[Staff Suggestion] Steam chat bot to alert staff of server levels.

Discussion in 'TTT Suggestions' started by Zikeji, Feb 23, 2015.

1. ink

ink Genuine Happiness VIP Silver

Ahem. Don't want to take credit from your idea, but..

2. EhhChris

EhhChris Advisor. VIP Silver Emerald

Yeah, I saw that some people came up with workarounds, I'm just stating that it really looks as though people are trying to downplay it on grounds of it being annoying rather than think about a way to solve that issue. Props to those who did say something though. And a lot of those issues were discussed in the shoutbox too. There's bound to be more, so it's more of a reference to future comments, so they suggest rather than just -1 the idea.

I also stated that those were examples I've seen thus far. I'm in no way trying to take credit for the solutions, sorry if that was misinterpreted.

3. Mr Butters

Mr Butters For a few to be immortal, many must die. VIP

Why not just have staff enter the steam group chat as it gives alerts when a message is delivered. I mean I know the rules about the other forms of comms but this is merely text not voice.

[​IMG]

4. EhhChris

EhhChris Advisor. VIP Silver Emerald

I'm not sure what you mean by this. The idea behind this is to create a more automatic system that would improve the communication of staffless servers to available staff, without it being a burden on the staff. If I understood what you said correctly, this would just spam all the staff members any time someone wants to say a server is staffless. This would also message those who are not available, or otherwise do not wish to be currently staffing. Also, for this to improve over just using the shoutbox, it would have to only be messages between staff, as if I recall correctly, one of the issues is that publicly saying that a server is staffless. This also allows players or anyone else on the website to know it's staffless, and if there's no staff to cover that server at the time, people know they can abuse the lack of staff at that time.

5. How about this idea? Staff who are on the forums will receive this alert.