[Staff QOL] Auto claim reports

Discussion in 'TTT Suggestions' started by Xproplayer, Mar 16, 2017.

1. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

I think having a convar you could set in the rdm manager or f1 menu for "auto claim reports" would be amazing, basically when a new report comes in, it checks if anyone has that setting, if they do that player auto gets the report marked as in progress (since marking EVERYTHING in progress blows) and if there was multiple staff it'd just alternate between them all.

looking at the rdm manager code this would be very easy to implement just create the convar, add it to the menu, then in report submitted code where it creates the report use a for loop and if it finds an admin it creates the new report already with a staff member defined and in progress. ez.

@Opalium @Highwon

• Disagree Disagree x 6
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Renko

Renko VIP Iron

Lol Stop ruining staffs gameplay

3. Chastity4lyfe

Chastity4lyfe *Eye roll* VIP Silver

I'm not sure I would like this. I put reports in progress when i'm actually physically looking at it and dedicating time to investigating it. There are also times where reports come in and we have to leave, so we leave them as "waiting" instead so that another staff can take them when they join, if this were to be implemented, it would notify the player that someone is looking at it, when they actually aren't (because they left).

Basically, I want players to know that when I set that into progress, I'm actually looking at it. If it auto-selects me to take a report, players immediately start private messaging me (even if i'm alive) with information before you even get to it. Another concern, when we have trial moderators - they take the reports, and we don't. So how would this work when training when it gives an automatic selection to a moderator?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Santa Claus

Santa Claus Best Member VIP Bronze

The whole point of setting them to in progress is to let the players know the status.

Some things aren't meant to have macros.

• Agree Agree x 4
  5. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

This is why it would be a setting, if you are for example staffing for 1 hour and you notice its been 45-55 minutes you can turn off the setting that way you would be able to leave with reports as waiting.

• Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. Opalium

Opalium Stay Awesome Banned VIP Silver

Reports should only be claimed once the staff member actually looks at them, not as soon as they arrive/answered. All it takes to claim a report is two mouse clicks, so I'm really not sure what the benefit would even be. I don't see why we should implement something like this. Sorry.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

My new idea was a button to claim all waiting reports, next to take action / set state

• Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  8. Agent A

Agent A Veni, vidi, vici VIP Silver Emerald

If we are talking about adding a button to set all "waiting" reports to "in progress" reports, I don't see why not although I think there are better things we can invest into such as the availability of the deathscene Opalium mentioned in another thread to help make staffing even more efficient and easier to verify the reports.

9. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

If any of my ideas are decent enough I might code them myself, which means no effort and therefore more important things can be worked on while still getting staff QOL updates.

• Like Like x 2