Staff "going by the report response"

Discussion in 'TTT Discussion' started by Dani, Aug 28, 2018.

1. Dani

Dani Impersonating Staff Banned VIP

"i aimed at you" is the most savage reason for a team-kill I've ever seen from a moderator. I kinda wish he hadn't cleared up the confusion and just slayed himself because that would have been funny.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Teroxa

Teroxa Vier Fäuste für ein Halleluja VIP Silver

This situation is actually a nice example for this thread.

I like to give players the benefit of the doubt and not slay them over technicalitys. Some others may do that, but it's not what I do.
    In my times as EUstaff I learned that not every player speaks english very good. Do I slay them just because they can't express themselves properly? No. I give them a chance to explain themselves first. It's on them how they use this chance.
    If I find clues to why a player did what he did, I'll include this new information in my verdict. If not, or the player doesn't respond, I slay them if necessary.

That situation is in a way similar to what happened today.
    Toest confused the kill with another one. That's an honest mistake. Yes, it would have been better if he responded with something like "I don't remember killing you. Which one were you?" or something along the lines of that. I agree.
    I checked the DS and the kill looked like obvious crossfire. Since the response wasn't clear, I gave him the chance to explain it. I asked him "Why did you kill him?" (Note that I didn't say something like "the kill on him was crossfire, right?")
    He explained to me that he confused the kill with another one and that this one was actually crossfire. As I mentioned before, the DS confirmed that. So I took all the newly gathered information in to account when I decided on my verdict.
    Since he could explain the kill and the unclear response was an honest mistake, I didn't slay him. I don't get why you're mad at me for investigating further here.

I handle those situations similar to how grandmaster @HelixSpiral does.
    If the response is obviously a troll and I don't see a reason for the kill in the logs or DS, I slay without asking questions. The player can still pm if if there's a problem.
    If the response in just unclear without being troll, I investigate further and take the information I gather into account when deciding my verdict.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Confusing Confusing x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Rozboon

Rozboon Forgive and Forget, or just forget. VIP

Lol, it's not a thread to discuss it, but it's a good example for this thread?!

• Winner Winner x 4
  4. Dani

Teroxa what does it feel like to get destroyed by the cock of logic

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Teroxa

Teroxa Vier Fäuste für ein Halleluja VIP Silver

In your first post you didn't contribute anything to the discussion about the topic. You were just mocking toest.
    That's why I asked you not to continue it.

• Dumb Dumb x 3
  6. jshore

jshore VIP

lol ok bud

• Winner Winner x 2
  7. Rozboon

My first post shows the exact situation happening... How is it not contributing to a thread about how it's not a good idea to just go off vague first responses?

8. Dani

What does "first post" mean here? Wasn't his first post just about Helix saying that no vague report should be an automatic slay?

• Like Like x 1
  9. neutral

neutral Banned VIP

What the hell are you guys even arguing anymore?

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. jshore

jshore VIP

idk but laughing at people is fun

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. Rozboon

I think we're arguing about whether a post contributes to the thread or not, but I also think toest and teroxa got confused and thought my post was a report against them

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. Dani

It's barely an argument because Teroxa and Toest simply started arguing against a guy who wasn't even arguing with them to begin with and who was just using it as an example.

Now Teroxa uses that same example as an example and Rozboon understandably could not pass up the chance to own him severely

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Han

Han       VIP

Now this is epic. :cool:

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. I had this one staff member slay me when I explained that the reason I damaged someone was crossfire because I didn't specifically USE the word crossfire. It's pretty ridiculous.

15. degolfer222

degolfer222 I finally changed my title VIP

You dont need to use the word crossfire, as long as you explain it. Like "I was aiming at ____ and hit you instead" works. Even "You got in my way" could work if its apparent in the ds. A staff member who doesnt accept that should get reported.

• Agree Agree x 7
  16. Was a year or so ago. The guy had a hard-on for me but I can't remember who it was.