(SPOILERS) Game of Thrones discussion

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by Wex, Apr 25, 2016.

1. Muffin

Muffin Fresh Baked VIP

Hodor :(

Also it would be a bit late, but good opportunity to see Coldhands, as tz said. Either way this season is kick ass so far.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. Fox

Fox Banned VIP

That's freaking crazy. Bran can actually manipulate time. But if you think about it, since hodor has always said hodor, Bran can not change the past to effect the future. Maybe he was the entire reason the great war happened?

There are actually a lot of Bran Starks in the family, so maybe this is Bran manipulating the past???

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  3. paper

paper legends never die VIP Silver

1. I doubt the show's creators will pin all the blame onto Bran
    2. Bran now knows not to fuck with the past so it's extremely likely he won't do anything at all but watch the past
    3. no

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. Fox

Fox Banned VIP

1. You act like there isn't a series of books that already tell what is going to happen. So the writer of the novels can, and most likely will blame the war on bran, as he will try to go back to fix everything, and possibly kick off the events that take place.

2.Bran already influenced the past when he went into the past, took control of hodor, and then hodor heard hold the door, so yeah, he has already "fucked with the past"

3. In the books, Hodors mother says this quote,

"Sometimes Nan would talk to him as if he were her Brandon, the baby she had nursed all those years ago, and sometimes she confused him with his uncle Brandon, who was killed by the Mad King before Bran was even born. She had lived so long, Mother had told him once, that all the Brandon Starks had become one person in her head."

So this theory is definitely not something to immediately throw out the window.

Before you respond to this, read through this post on vox, reading through the hodor part is not necessary. Just skip to when it speaks about Bran.

http://goo.gl/MU8HyG

Last edited: May 25, 2016
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Fox

Fox Banned VIP

Maybe the red witch or one of the members? Remember that one was talking with Tyrian in the Pyramid, so maybe there is a curr?

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Tinbuster00

Tinbuster00 See you on the forums! VIP Silver Emerald

Yeah I have a suspicion that he'll be cured by them and then Dani will feel like she's in their debt. Otherwise I don't see her putting up with their burn the non-believers shit for long.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Fox

Fox Banned VIP

I do hope this happens, but knowing GoT, the moment you get attached to characters, they usually wind up dying. Ex. Ned Stark, Rob, Katherine Stark, and of course Hodor

8. Han

Han       VIP

I don't know. I feel like if Dany really believes she is Azor Ahai, she might not be against burning some people. We've already seen she has a ruthless side ( Kraznys, the guy who owned the unsullied, and most recently burning all the Khals down. ) She's a Targaryen, which means a pretty high chance of madness thanks to constant inbreeding in the family line. Viserys had delusions of greatness when he had nothing. Who can say Dany is going to stay humble when she has a gigantic army, as well as three dragons?

9. Fox

Fox Banned VIP

I doubt that she would go mad. She is very humble and extremely intelligent in terms of politics and warfare. She freed all the slaves, due to her belief that if you fight, it's better as a free man. She has a ruthless side, but it is only when it is necessary for her cause.

She might have dragons, but she shows that she can have power without them when she locks them up, excluding Drogon

10. Carned

Carned ✘o ✘o VIP Silver Emerald

Hahahahahaha she would be fucked if it wasn't for Tyrion,Varys, Darrio and Grey Worm right now. Shes useless alone.

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. Han

Han       VIP

Add Jorah and Barristan Selmy to that list, who both saved her from assassination attempts. Plus, the latter gave her advice from time to time.

I don't know if she'll go mad or not. I just don't think she would turn down the red priestess immediately, and as we've seen, Dany hasn't hesitated at burning alive those who have opposed her.

12. Fox

Fox Banned VIP

Fire is sort of her thing though. With the dragons and all. I do agree with you that she has gotten this far with the help of others, but what about her plan with the Dothraki that she planned on her own?

Let's talk about Bran yeah?

What do you think about how he influenced the past with hodor? Will he learn from the mistake and know not not warg and look in the past at the same time? Or maybe he will try to change something?

13. Wex

Wex The enemy of art is the absence of limitations VIP Bronze

Reading some stuff about what Tommen told Cersei, pretty interesting.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/gameofthro...ything_my_theory_about_what_the_high_sparrow/

• Like Like x 3
  14. Tinbuster00

Tinbuster00 See you on the forums! VIP Silver Emerald

I gotta rewatch that scene. I didn't even catch the Rains of Castamere playing.
    If that's right, I wonder how it will backfire if at all. These things rarely go smoothly.
    Red Wedding 2.0 coming?

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. paper

paper legends never die VIP Silver

Holy fuck that'll be so fucking cool

And the thing is
    D&D have always cleverly used music to signify future events like for example with Robb Stark and Theon Greyjoy and how they're making grave mistakes beheading close allies (shown below)

I'm so fucking excited to see what's gonna happen.

16. Fox

Fox Banned VIP

Oh god please no...

17. Wex

Damn I feel like watching Season 2 again. I miss Robb

18. Han

Han       VIP

It's interesting, but I still haven't seen a plausible case on why Loras would know that. Makes more sense* that the HS revealed his incestuous birth.

On another note, the Tyrells are the ones supplying food to King's Landing, while the Lannister goldmines are empty and they're accruing debt. Why would Cersei try to destroy the family that's keeping the city afloat?

Last edited: May 27, 2016
  19. Wex

About the incestuous birth, there's plenty of arguments as to why that people think that isn't what he was told. Why would the sparrow tell Tommen to keep a secret about something that his mother knew already? Although people believe it's rumours, Stannis told pretty much everyone about them.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Fox

Fox Banned VIP

Fire is sort of her thing though. With the dragons and all. I do agree with you that she has gotten this far with the help of others, but what about her plan with the Dothraki? That was all her.