[SPOILERS] Avengers: End Game

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by UncleBee, Apr 24, 2019.

?

Rate Avengers: End Game

1. 10

31.5%
  2. 9

22.2%
  3. 8

20.4%
  4. 7

9.3%
  5. 6

7.4%
  6. 5

3.7%
  7. 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

5.6%
  1. UncleBee

UncleBee VIP

The following thread contains SPOILERS for Avengers: End Game

If u havent seen the movie yet and dont want to be SPOILED then I suggest not to read futher.

will be seeing the film on friday myself!

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  2. Sticky Bandit

Sticky Bandit Never fall below your standard VIP Bronze

Whatever it takes.

3. neutral

neutral Banned VIP

Read through some of the earlier spoilers. Apparently Captain America has a pretty lack luster death and Iron Man sacrifices himself to snap Thanos’s army. Honestly kinda wish I didn’t go back and read them- the Iron Man death is honestly bumming me out- but RDJ is getting pretty old so it makes sense.

4. Dani

Dani Impersonating Staff Banned VIP

I just watched the movie. I don't watch Superhero movies. All I'd seen before this movie is Spiderman Homecoming, Doctor Strange, and Infinity War. I decided to watch this with a friend just to be part of something. I gave this a 6/10 and thought it was worth watching overall, and I can imagine it being pretty good if you've seen a lot of the other Marvel movies. Or The Big Lebowski.

The scene where they cut Thanos's head off near the beginning is cool. I also really laughed at the "i went for the head" thing because my friend I kept memeing that line.

What I don't get about the movie is the entire premise of it. First of all, I don't even get the premise of the first movie. Why can't Thanos do anything else with the Infinity Gauntlet? Anything but literally murdering half the population? It's not like we can't fuck each other and go back to having 8 billion people again. Why didn't he just delete the ovaries of 50% of women or something?

Also, why is the word so apocalyptic in Endgame? Would it really be this fucked for 5 years if half the people die? I dunno, maybe it would be.

And what REALLY bugged me is the fact that, at no point, they even considered or even talked about whether what Thanos did was right. Nobody says for a second "Oh, wait, maybe we don't wanna cause even more deaths in the future in case he was right". I would have at least had one character mention it.

All Tony Stark scenes were pretty good and this is coming from someone who's never seen an Iron Man movie. I liked the scenes with his dad especially.

During the end of the movie, the guy I was watching the movie with was breathing deeply and loudly, so I thought he was sleeping. He was actually crying because the movie was so great and emotional to him, and I was just sitting here thinking that he also thought the ending dragged on a bit.

There was a really on-the-nose scene in which Peter Parker tells Captain Marvel that she's gonna need help, and suddenly 10 other superheroes appear that all happened to be women.

I like what they did with The Hulk. He was quite useless last movie and not very likable, but he was one of the funnier people in this one. Thor was also pretty funny in Endgame.

One last thing that was a positive surprise is that the time travel stuff wasn't even that shit. I would have expected it to be really stupid, but it was quite fun to watch. It really did play out like a heist movie in some parts.

All in all, eeeeeh. Good-ish movie, I guess. Didn't regret watching it, but I don't think I would call it great either. It's as good as shonen-anime, I guess. It's really boring mostly and also pretty stupid and on the nose, but has some really cool stuff in it that's fun to watch.

Also, Hawkeye's haircut is great. And Tom Holland was a sweetie as always no homo

EDIT: I also quite enjoyed how The Hulk dabbed on some kids and how Fortnite was still a thing five years post-Thanos.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2019
  5. Smor

Smor VIP

I hate how they killed present Thanos within the first 15 minutes. Really killed the mood for me right off the bat.

The whole going back in time thing didn't even seem to be too much of an issue for them which was odd.

They made Hulk and Thor seem like huge pussies. Thor not even seeming to be a threat to past Thanos despite having Stormbreaker and supposedly being stronger than Odin. Hulk never going "Hulk" was disappointing

Captain America wielding Mjolnir was awesome. Would've even been more awesome if we saw him flying around with it.

Movie seemed paced kinda weird compared to Infinity War.

They also kinda ruined Thanos as a villain. Turned him into a complete maniac (which fits his true personality) from the Thanos we saw in IF, who seemed like he was on a spiritual journey.

Infinity War > Endgame

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Dani

Nevermind about that, by the way. I just remembered that Captain America travels back and somehow ends up still being in the same timeline. In that case, he could have just prevented the snap by destroying the stones or something. Or would that somehow have caused a timeline split? And if that's the case, does that mean that there was always a second Captain America running around somewhere, living his life, during the events of all other movies?

7. Sticky Bandit

The dude next to me in the theater was crying. Not sobbing, but actually crying.
    Maybe I'm empty inside, but like, it's just a movie....

Anyways, the movie was great. An outstanding end to the saga.
    Tony gets to finally rest, knowing his world is safe.
    Steve gets his girl and gets his lost time back with her.
    Bruce and the Hulk finally get to be at peace with each other.
    Clint can put his past behind him, and live with his family, thanks to his best friend Nat.
    Natasha can also put her past behind her, knowing she saved the only family she had.
    Thor got to spend time with his mother, and learned more about what his life is, rather than what it's supposed to be.

The credits were outstanding. Putting the original 6 Avengers last, with their signed names, leaving RDJ last was a great move.

NO POST CREDITS SCENE? Ok, they got me. I waited for the credits to end and got NOTHING :mad:

For you lads who are confused on how this time shit works: Basically, time doesn't move in a line, like the Sorceress Supreme was saying. Every time the Avengers time traveled, they created a separate branch of reality which allowed for time to be rewritten without effecting their present selves. It's why Thanos was able to jump forward in time and fuck shit up without fucking up the fact that he snaps half the population away just a few years prior. Captain America wasn't running around during any of the other movies, because that Captain America doesn't exist within that timeline.
    Time travel is whack, watch like a 5 minute video on the timeline and it'll probably make sense.

Would I watch this film again? Probably not, it's like 3 hours long.
    Even so, it's still a fantastic movie, well deserving of a 10.

8. Solar

Solar El Dorado VIP

Didn't cry. 9/10.

Time-travel is full of plot holes but it's a good feel good movie.

9. Dani

But he does, since he travels to the past and then grows old and somehow appears to the others in the same timeline that he departed from.

10. UncleBee

UncleBee VIP

i really enjoyed the movie, but i cant accept the ending. i still cant believe they killed of rdw and made the cap go retire and man natasha dead got me as well, expected someone to die for the soul stone, but didnt expect her to die.
    its was really crazy to see the beginning how they managed to kill thanos.
    the war between the avengers and thanos' army is the best moment throughout the whole film, seeing dr strange create all those portals was just amazing. the war was something i expected to see in infinity war, but didnt happen. its also a bummer that the war was short and more focused on the stones not being taken by thanos.
    i enjoyed it, but the end is a no for me.
    i really wonder where they will be heading now with the avengers, perhaps no more avengers?

11. Skyrossm

Skyrossm Ideal Female Moderator? VIP Emerald Bronze

I think the cap you see at the end of the movie is destined to be there right, since he traveled back to the past, but in another timeline, then it makes sense another captain america from a different timeline traveled to theirs to do the same, since its a different captain america the one from MCU prime can exist at the same time in the ice. Not sure where he gets the shield from, maybe gets a copy made in wakanda?

12. Dani

That makes sense, but isn't there only one timeline in which they win against Thanos? So what timeline is that other Cap from?

Also can someone explain the Peter Parker high school scene? Did half of Peter Parker's friends graduate high school years ago while he and the other half are still going there? And does the ending imply that the Asian friend he has also got dusted? (Since he's the same age as Peter)

13. Sticky Bandit

Alright, I have no clue on this. This might actually be a severe plot hole.
    y i k e s

14. .shirt

.shirt VIP

Cap going back and staying in time opened the flood gates for a lot of things and frankly im super excited watch this video. This dude breaks it down great.

15. Acnologia

Acnologia modern desperado VIP Silver

Someone probably said it before and I'm too lazy to go back and read all the responses, but the time traveling in End Game also lies in with the parallel universes theory. They didn't just travel through time, they travelled through alternate universes hence why their own universe wasn't changed. However, in the end, as you noticed, Captain America was in the park in an old form without time travelling back. That just means that he entered his own universe's past and didn't interfere much throughout the timeline, probably staying in intense hiding. The universes which he had to go back to probably ended up being changed forever.

Oh, also, imagine the awkward meeting when Captain America had to return the Soul Stone to Red Skull haha.

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Skyrossm

Skyrossm Ideal Female Moderator? VIP Emerald Bronze

Well like the ancient one showed, the timeline can split off of the main one, so cap going back in time creates a loop where the new timeline creates itself again, so 1 in 14mil is just how many they win from before the time travel probably

17. Dani

So, like I said, there was always a second Captain America living his life during the events of all the other movies.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Acnologia

Acnologia modern desperado VIP Silver

I'll try to explain this in the way that I understood it. Obviously, 5 entire years had taken place in between the snap and the events of the majority of End Game. High school lasts 4 years in most places. Considering probably a majority of the people that were left alive after the snap lost a lot of loved ones, perhaps many just never graduated. They just dropped out, had nothing to do. The entire world was pretty apocalyptic. And as for the kids that were freshmen/mentally fit and sticked around, they probably graduated in whatever way was possible. We obviously don't see the entire thing go down after people come back, but it was probably a day or two after they did. Which gave the public some time to realize and meet the Vanished.

19. Daddy Nexxus

Daddy Nexxus Toxi-Fessional VIP

rate sad

20. Daddy Nexxus

Daddy Nexxus Toxi-Fessional VIP

no... it was all their universe