speedrunners?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Twitch.youtube.com.ttv/AAAAAAA911, Jan 15, 2020.

Tags:
  1. 8BitF0x

8BitF0x a pixelated fox that loves rdm VIP

I do love the forums not redirecting me to my reply so I clicked "Post Reply" again. oops.

2. AndrewB

AndrewB VIP

Imagine responding to comments

3. Twitch.youtube.com.ttv/AAAAAAA911

Twitch.youtube.com.ttv/AAAAAAA911 Now you just somebody that I used to know VIP Silver

Me thread me rules. Now get back on the rail people

4. twitch.tv/echostorm2k ⚔️

twitch.tv/echostorm2k ⚔️ screwdriver Banned VIP Silver

Maybe I'll do it scripted someday. Not scriptless though. Same for HL2.

5. twitch.tv/echostorm2k ⚔️

twitch.tv/echostorm2k ⚔️ screwdriver Banned VIP Silver

Rather than making a new thread for this I'm gonna use this one, since it's about speedrunning anyway: I was thinking that biweekly or monthly we could host a speedrunning race where we release the game and category about a week or two before the race, and then obviously race it. For example, if the game was Spongebob: Battle for Bikini Bottom, I could say that two weeks before the date of the race, and then everyone racing would have 2 weeks to prepare for that speedrun. Every speedrun would be:
    • Possible to do on a PC - it'd either be a windows game or possible to run on an emulator.
    • Either free or very cheap to buy the game.
    • Relatively short - a few hours at most.

We'd all be in a voice chat in Discord just doing it for the memes, maybe some of us could speedrun it to, and recording then submitting it is optional of course. I think it'd be great fun - you would not need any experience in speedrunning whatsoever - the only goal is that you beat the game, and fastest person wins. Doesn't necessarily mean you have to use speedrun strats.

Tag me in the #Speedrunning channel in SGM Discord if you're interested. If we get 5 ish people interested, we can start doing this biweekly.

6. Twitch.youtube.com.ttv/AAAAAAA911

Twitch.youtube.com.ttv/AAAAAAA911 Now you just somebody that I used to know VIP Silver

Edited into op