Dev SourceBans(SBans)

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by Tguy4001, Feb 15, 2017.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tguy4001

Tguy4001 Member

Now, what I'm going to show you isn't mine, but after talking with your moderator Brahma(who from what I see is good at being staff), I thought I would show this.

https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=532620

This here, is a link to info about something called Sourcebans(SBans) for short. SBans is a program where you can ban people from, except when the ban expires, it isn't deleted, it just simply marks it as expired. Basically, it keeps a permanent record of the ban. This is helpful for judging someone whenever the request a significant portion in this community. Just, a side note, the ban is across all servers linked.

Anyway, you can also add admits and mods. You can give them certain console permissions (kick, ban, reserved slot, etc.), and add them to certain groups, some having immunity levels, if you so wish(to put it short, you can't be banned by certain people with an immunity level lower than you.)

I think I said all there is to be said. If you want to add it, that would be great.

• Old Old x 5
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. Agent A

Agent A Veni, vidi, vici VIP Silver Emerald

We have one that records bans plus more at our own convenience.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. PixeL

PixeL Man märker andras fel och glömmer sina egna Banned VIP Silver

SourceBans is a bit old, it wouldn't be ideal to use that in the slightest..
    Anyways, as Agent said above, we have a system of our own that is customly made for our purposes.
    As for the immunity thing, ULX provides a nice little immunity so mods can't target admins, admin's cant target leads, etc...

• Agree Agree x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.