Accepted Something Staff Should Change.

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by Magafe, Dec 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Magafe

Magafe Banned

I don't think a Staff member should just look at a ban appeal, and only post \

Like if a staff member understands it's a ban appeal or a report, they should know what the format is.
    And if they post that, should at least respond to it, not just post that and never respond again.

Like this is find you are actually helping the person with something

And someone once wasn't unbanned because of their ban appeal, I feel like if a player is comfortable to make there ban appeal in a certain way they should be allowed to and not told to change it or not unbanned because of a incorrect format.

2. Snak

Snak Banned

+1 As long as the app includes everything you need, such as the correct steam ID then I don't think it should matter how its formated. But on the otherhand if they are really serious about wanting to be unbanned then they'll take the consideration to do it as its set up.

3. Shades

Shades VIP

If they were serious about wanting to write a ban appeal then they would use the proper format. Once it's changed than it becomes easier for the staff to look over.

4. tz-

tz- feelin it VIP Emerald

What if they didn't notice that there was a ban format? Can you so easily ignore it, if (s)he honestly didn't want to be unbanned then why did you they go through the trouble of finding the forums, then making an account, then posting in the ban appeal section? If they honestly didn't want to be unbanned then why would they do that? I understand you telling them that they should use the ban appeal format, but just telling them to use the format and just ignoring until they do isn't very nice. However if you say,
    "You were banned by ___ I shall contact them now to notify him/her of your appeal, please be paitent. Also, for future reference use this [insert link here] to properly make a ban appeal."
    that would be much better instead of just saying,
    "[insert link here] please follow the format."
    Just my two cents.

5. DocFox

DocFox The Best Is Yet To Come VIP Silver Emerald

Most if the people that I have seen post an appeal without the proper format don't really include things like "evidence of innocence." I have see plenty of two line appeals without the proper format that will be told to follow it and as soon as they do, they give more information. If sometimes the staff that banned them isn't online, I will tell them to follow the format so by the time they fix it, the staff member might have seen it.

A lot of people posting appeals without the format make it difficult to read, because it's call jumbled around with a bunch of different stories of what was going on when they were banned; usually it's written in one big paragraph, instead of separated by subject.

Finally, we want players to follow the format so it's not a ton of appeals with jumbled information, because if someone looked at another person's appeal and saw they didn't put it in format, they wouldn't bother to, either.

I always request for proper formats because it helps facilitate players in creating an appeal.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.