Someone I used to know.

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by Kyuu, Oct 15, 2019.

1. Kyuu

Kyuu The True Trap of SGM VIP

So, I know most people don't have time to read something like this and all I just feel it is necessary. Last night I was struck with some awful news someone I met in early 2011 playing Halo Reach and one of my first friends on Xbox live tragically took his own life. It hit me hard, because this is someone I cared greatly for beyond belief. I remember late nights playing Halo, Zombies, and even Destiny with him. Since I was so young on a platform like Xbox live I was 9-10ish was hard to find friends that wouldn't just make fun of my voice calling me a kid or what not and it's something I expected so doesn't surprise me. Chris you were there with me when I had nothing/nobody to talk with you really taught me what it meant to have someone. Sounds cringey I know, but hope everything is treating you right up there I am gonna miss you. Much love my brother.

Loss sucks and should be nothing we have to deal with ever. When it comes to anyone family, friends, or anybody we care greatly for. Life is way too short. I hope everyone has a great day.
    Much love. -Kyuu <3

R.I.P. Chris.

• Friendly Friendly x 21
  2. rest in piss chris:eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Dumb Dumb x 14
    • Dislike Dislike x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Pacifist

Pacifist Cynically Insane VIP Bronze

Rest in piss? Show some respect man.

I'm sorry for your lose Kyuu. If you need to talk to someone about it my DMs are always open. RIP Chris.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. it's essentially the same as rest in peace but i just like to say it like that dunno why

• Dumb Dumb x 7
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. STONEY

STONEY I AM FIRE, I AM DEATH. VIP

My condolences to you. Reflect on all the good times, even if it makes you cry.

Back in High School junior year I had a friend named Reynaldo, skater type kid. He was practically my only friend that year cause my main friends dropped out and went to adult school. Anyway after losing touch with each other after High School a few years ago back in about 2016 I learned through the news online he ended up dying in a car accident along with his own Mother. Even though I hadn't spoken to him for years or seen him I still felt the exact same pain as if I had just hung out with him the day before he passed.

It's tough realizing we lose the people who bring us joy to our own lives. And it makes us realize all the same if we end up going others who care about us are going to be put through that same kind of pain.

Suicide is a dark and horrible choice, but we never quite understand how much that person was really suffering themselves. Just don't blame yourself, and realize you most likely were the one putting joy into his life when nothing else was at times.

• Friendly Friendly x 3
  6. Kyuu

Kyuu The True Trap of SGM VIP

I greatly thank you for this. Much Love.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. Najm

Najm Feeling cute, might remove other eye later. VIP

I'm very sorry to hear this, Kyuu. It's hard to understand why people this young have to leave us so early. Thanks for sharing these beautiful memories.

I'm a bit late to this thread but nevertheless this is still relevant for anyone stumbling upon it, especially for those experiencing suicidal thoughts. Reading about suicide can trigger dark thoughts - if this just happened to you, please keep reading.

Depression is a phenomen only understandable by those that went through it. While you are in there, you aren't able to see any way out of it, ultimately leading to taking your own life. The thing is - the large majority of people suffering from depression are healed and can return to a normal, happy life. The biggest factor for healing is the active search for help from others - family, friends and most importantly: therapists. I've been through it myself, I've accompanied others through it and it's incredible how lifechanging therapy and medicine can be! It takes a lot of courage to start the process, but it's worth it.
    The first step is to talk to others about your feelings. For professional and free help, there are special hotlines. If that's nothing for you, you can also talk privately and confidentially to people from this community here. Trust me, the healing process looks way harder than it is!
    You are not alone.

• Friendly Friendly x 2