Answered Some questions

Discussion in 'Questions & Answers' started by Londun, Mar 12, 2019.

1. Londun

Londun Member

How do you change your name on the !stats menu? Apologies in advance if this question is answered elsewhere.

How do I disable the yellow crosshair around my green one? Not sure how it got there to begin with, I don't remember that being a thing in Gmod.

Any general tips for playing TTT on satellite internet? The obvious answer is don't but I miss playing TTT and I would rather play with lag then not play at all.

Thanks in advance <3

2. veL

veL VIP

Your name on the !stats menu should just be your steam name. If you change your steam name, then the name on your !stats menu should also change.

For that ugly yellow HL2 crosshair, type this into console to disable it: hud_draw_fixed_reticle 0

3. Fear☠

Fear☠ The Dark Lord VIP

I have an answer to the lag part.

If you can play with the lag, without mentally getting destroyed, you just need to get used to it.
    Until recently I played and recorded all gameplay with a 12 year old windows vista PC that never got upgraded... Indeed it doesn't have anything to do with a satelite, but I lagged my butt off all the time, but the more I played, the better I got^^

4. Londun

Londun Member

Fixed! Thanks babe!

Internet lag and PC lag are very different beasts. If it was PC lag I could totally play through it. The internet lag is what destroys me. When I'm at 600-750 ping its playable but once it shoots up to 900 its unplayable and I get physically angry over it haha. I'll shoot someone point blank range in the face and it will do 0 damage and then I get KOS'd for shooting at someone. Or I'll be attempting a jump from one place to another and it will teleport me into the pit below. Its unbearable. I hope to get better internet soon or at least attend a gaming cafe semi-regularly.

Thanks for all your responses <3