Slur removal rule discussion

Discussion in 'TTT Discussion' started by My Dime Is Up, Jun 16, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. .shirt

.shirt VIP

[​IMG]
    no surprise here, ofc noobzoR voted it dumb he obviously wants to say the N word so bad HES practically gnashing at the teeth.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Dumb Dumb x 2
  2. Bogdanoff

Bogdanoff VIP

No surprise you are against freedom of speech

• Dumb Dumb x 7
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  3. Python~

Python~ Young Bard VIP Silver Emerald

Point me to the internet's constitution.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Santa Claus

Santa Claus Best Member VIP Bronze

I rated dumb too wtf

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. Bogdanoff

Bogdanoff VIP

bazinga!!!

6. Python~

Python~ Young Bard VIP Silver Emerald

cmonBruh

7. .shirt

.shirt VIP

Yeah but you’re a shrimp too

• Optimistic Optimistic x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Rozboon

Rozboon Forgive and Forget, or just forget. VIP

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  9. Fugo

Fugo Active Member

N

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
  10. Sinz

Sinz crumble VIP Silver

the caucasity in this thread is repulsive.

yall have the nerve to argue this shit online when you lot know damn well you would never utter these words in a restaurant, in your workspaces, at a mall or anywhere public.

you just want the opportunity to use it without consequence at someone else's expense. that's disgusting.

#repeal

• Agree x 15
    • Winner x 8
    • Funny x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Dumb x 1
  11. CorallocinB

CorallocinB Animeme lord VIP Silver Emerald

After all of these years Sinz is still Winz.

This topic was made out to be rocket science when the answer was just clear from the start. Anyone who really wants to be that person nothing is stopping you from being that person so just go ahead and see where it gets you in here or in life. Make an example out of it and come back to tell us how wrong we were to silence freedom of speech over slurs. Luckily for most of us those who have taken great advantage of this entire situation have now welcomed this stigma given their attitude in general regarding the use of slurs or using slurs themselves. They clearly don't care and will not care going forward how they're viewed as we're seeing so it's just an eventual path of being removed for the right reasons rather than sticking around and being vocal for the wrong ones. Given that said people don't care it's better that regarding civility and such be respected within the rules and not harm those who want to have that in the community.

So again, this isn't rocket science. Just don't be racist, don't defend racism, or other slurs with strong contextual and historic meanings that exist to this day, and don't think America's first amendment is an excuse to be racist or what have you all because you'll give the caveat of 'they must be directed at a specific person or be given more explicit context' in order to be racist. You don't just say any random slur for the hell of it that's why I'm not hearing any random ass slurs in my day to day life around the office or in public. People figured out "yea this is pretty bad to do for my image for civility around me etc" which is just too logical for some people in here who just slap 'muh freedoms' on everything.

I feel no sympathy for anyone who feels like their lives are being made less because they can't see, encourage, or participate in the use of slurs in conversation in SGM. Or if they're being made to feel they live in some authoritarian dystopia because they think the idea of racism is just an agenda or victimization in order to push for their needs. It's just not that complicated. Don't be racist. Not having the n-word in your everyday vocab will not ruin your life from not being able to use it nor will using it enlighten your life either.

Also because I just realized this so late, people posting videos about "america isnt racist, here's why" or some similar shit I've seen through this really tired debate.

- Lawmakers, educators, or popular names on the internet or in their industry or what have you do not ultimately determine if racism doesn't exist. They can piecemeal arguments about a situation in order to convey it to not be racist or go down an incredibly complex path to disprove racism with little wiggle room to debate or what have you, perfectly fine it fits their views. The people determine if it exists and they always have. So one person's video about why this isn't real, well great to them racism isn't real. To others, it's very real. To shrug it off is just disingenuous and not being considerate. If you are in the mindset that it isn't real, you're free to stay in that mindset. However, you can allow them to believe it's real rather than keep trying to shove them down as if their reality is some illusion of victim hood. It shouldn't bother you as much as it does if you believe it doesn't exist. To those who've experienced it in this day and age it's something that's very clearly a problem which is more than obvious enough given the state of at least the USA. Not everyone is living in the same reality. You staying in an echo chamber doesn't reaffirm that racism is dead.

It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person. Can go both ways in this situation and anyone involved will be none the wiser if you sit in that latter category.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2020
    • Winner x 3
    • Like x 2
    • Agree x 2
    • Informative x 1
    • Dumb x 1
  12. Jabba the Slut

Jabba the Slut That's Kinky! Lead Admin VIP Silver

I am sincerely grateful that slurs were removed before the current issues in the US began getting traction. (BLM, protests, riots, etc).

I can only imagine what depraved behavior would be displayed by people who are butthurt about not being racist.

• Winner Winner x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  13. Rozboon

• Dumb Dumb x 9
    • Informative Informative x 2
  14. Jabba the Slut

Jabba the Slut That's Kinky! Lead Admin VIP Silver

That is simply wrong on so many levels. I'd show you my rebuttals, but gore isn't allowed.

• Dumb Dumb x 2
  15. Rozboon

Geez you watched that video in 1 minute?

• Dumb Dumb x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. Noctorious

Noctorious Your Best Nightmare VIP Emerald

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  17. Sinz

Sinz crumble VIP Silver

it's easy being devil's advocate when you have people like crowder and shapiro to make all your arguments for you.

there is no question of whether or not systematic racism exists in the US, those who turn a blind eye are part of the bigger problem.

400 years since slavery
    50 years since jim crow
    50 years of playing catch up

450 years of american bred and engineered racism and it's going to magically disappear in a couple years? yea, aight.

https://www.businessinsider.com/us-systemic-racism-in-charts-graphs-data-2020-6

• Winner x 7
    • Dislike x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Dumb x 1
  18. Pokeben10

Pokeben10 tell me pretty lies Moderator VIP Silver

I'm a big proponent of free speech, so I think people should be allowed to say whatever they want. If they want to say the n word go ahead- they're just going to make themselves look stupid. I see no point in being the word police. A vast, vast majority of people in the U.S. and our servers are not racist. Yeah, you'll have those people who think they're edgy (n word haha), but as I said, they will just make themselves look stupid.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  19. Rozboon

400 years since slavery? Since it started? or since it ended? pretty sure if you're talking about when it was abolished in the USA, it's been 186 years... and if you're talking about when it started.. Slavery has been around for thousands of years.
    Or are you talking about since the founding of the colonies that later turned into the USA? which was the 16th century, combined with Spanish, still not 450 years ago :/.

Jim crow was enforced in the southern states, are you generalizing that all states are at blame?

USA declared independence July 4th, 1776, 244 years ago, in those 244 years they have abolished slavery, ended segregation, and have constantly been moving towards equality, you can spin it however you want to make it sound like they haven't done shit in those years, but when you actually look at it, they've spent those 244 years trying to push towards better, equality, etc and you can see it with how america is today without looking into the crybabies and nitpickers, stop being the victim.

What was the cause of the civil war in america? Which side won? What was the winning side's ideology?

Also do you support CHAZ/CHOP? Do you know they are segregating people based on skin colour?

Here's a few other videos for you to watch, I suggest taking more than a minute to watch them and maybe check out the channels and/or the speakers.

Here's a good video from 2 years ago
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTcViL8Udo0
    Jesse Lee Peterson, Look up some of his other videos on youtube.

Speaking of which, how far back does your Ancestry go in the USA?

• Dumb Dumb x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. Bogdanoff

Bogdanoff VIP

The USA is so racist that the media has to promote fake hate crimes to push a narrative on how racist the USA is

:/

• Dumb Dumb x 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.